Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    nicolina... That was some weird tasting chicken. I thought I liked it at first, but then it got weird... :laugh:

Haha I love it with rice. Do you like fruity foods? My fiance doesnt like any meat with fruit so I can see if you didnt like it. I thought it was a good change from my ususal hawaiian chicken.

I tried it with pork chops the other day and thought htat was gross. Oh well.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I've stayed on track every day now for a bit except for yesterday that was pretty bad. I think I did pretty good considering we had meetings evrey day after work. I managed to lose a few pounds.

Next weeks goal is to start CLX full on and add a few days of Turbo Fire since we dont have any more meetings for a few weeks :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My calories are around 1500/day, and I workout 5x/week doing the 30-day shed.
    BCAcheerleading... Sounds like a really good plan! (Yeah, the Shred!! :drinker: )
    Haha I love it with rice. Do you like fruity foods? My fiance doesnt like any meat with fruit so I can see if you didnt like it. I thought it was a good change from my ususal hawaiian chicken.

I tried it with pork chops the other day and thought htat was gross. Oh well.
    nicolina... I like fruity things, but maybe it WAS the mix of chicken and apple that was unappetizing. :huh: I liked the spiciness, and I liked the apple at first, but I think I should have used unsweetened for sure... All I had was sweetened... By the time it was 1/2 gone, I couldn't taste the chicken at all, and that's what I really didn't like. At least you TRIED it with pork chops. :laugh:
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    I wanted to kind of outline my exercise plan for everyone (especially Sharon) and see what everyone thinks.

I am coming off a completely sedentary lifestyle. Yes I have kids (8 & 3) and I do obviously take care of them but if they are playing outside and running around, I sit and watch. I am a photographer so the actual shooting time I am getting exercise but the 5-10 hours I spend editing every session I am sitting on my big fat butt.

I hate exercise. I am just being completely honest. This is my 37th day on MFP and I have not once gone over on calories. I am rocking that part of it. BUT I am not rocking the exercise part. And I really want to!!!!!

So I have a plan. I really want to change things up through the year to try and avoid too many plateaus and things like that.

So here is my plan:

March - Curves - http://www.curves.com/
    April - Curves
    May - Seung-ni Fit Club - http://www.seungni.com/
    June - Seung-ni Fit Club
    July - Turbo Jam - http://www.beachbody.com/
    August - Turbo Jam
    September - Turbo Fire - http://www.beachbody.com/
    October - Turbo Fire
    November - Insanity - http://www.beachbody.com/
    December - Insanity

My goal is lose a total of 100 pounds by January 1, 2012. I started on January 7, 2011. I am just wondering if I continue on my eating plan, exercise at least 4 times a week as outlined above, can I make it to my goal by the first of the year? My other goal is to avoid plastic surgery. I don't want to have to get a whole bunch of surgery to remove hanging skin. I thought starting out slowly with Curves and then Seung-ni I am not throwing myself into exercise routines I cannot handle. Then with the Beach Body workouts I am really starting to challenge myself and I think it's those workouts that will help the most with the skin issue.

Am I on the right track? Any and all feedback is appreciated! THANK YOU!!!!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hope I am not too late, but I want to jump on board.

Hello. My name is Beth. I am currently at 171.8 after losing 22 lbs over the past 4 months (my original weight was 194). A friend told me about this website 3 days ago, and I have fallen in love with it. My ultimate goal is to be down to 140 lbs (which I haven't been my whole life). I have always been on the heavier side, and my kids are my motivation now. I have 2 babies, and I want to be around a long time for them. My whole family is bigger suffering from diabetes, high cholestorol, high blood pressure, etc. I don't want to be like them; I want to be healthy. My calories are around 1500/day, and I workout 5x/week doing the 30-day shed. Not to mention, I also chase after my kids at night. I am increased my water intake and decresed my soda intake (I am down to 1 sometimes 2 a day compared to 4 or 5 a day). In the next 3 months, I want to be down into the next size which would put me from a size 16 to 14 (12 would be nice too). I am just looking for motivation and support when I am having a rough time.

4714135.png

Welcome Beth and thanks for the friend add... I think everything you've mentioned above had definitely put you in the right track! 22lbs in a great loss so far!
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Laurie, yours sounds like a good plan as well. I have the sane problem with skin and there is really no way I can afford surgery. One thing to note, apparently you should wait at least a year once you've reached goal to start thinking about surgery as the skin could still bounce back... but good luck with it! I look forward to following your progress :)
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi my name is Becky. I would love to join if it's not too late. I have had some back and neck issues over the last couple of years and decided I needed to get off the couch and get myself back in shape. I started participating in a boot camp two days a week at my workplace in January, attend a spin class a couple days a week, and just completed W4D2 of C25K. Working through some sore muscles but I do feel so much better already!

SW 163
    CW 159.5
    Goal 140 by June
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm back home and OMG 4 new people have joined our little team while I've been away! That's so amazing. Welcome Amy, Beth, Jrr, and Becky! I am so pleased to meet you all. I'll be sending you all friend requests so we can stay in touch in and out of this thread!

Santa Barbara was amazing!!! Great food, great wine, and beautiful sunny days. Today when we left town it was 74. I wish I lived there!!!

I haven't read through everyone's posts yet but I promise to do so tomorrow so I can catch up with you all. Thanks to everyone for keeping it going while I was out of town.

Have a great night!
    Sharon
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Welcome back and thanks for starting this thread! :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    I wanted to kind of outline my exercise plan for everyone (especially Sharon) and see what everyone thinks.

I am coming off a completely sedentary lifestyle. Yes I have kids (8 & 3) and I do obviously take care of them but if they are playing outside and running around, I sit and watch. I am a photographer so the actual shooting time I am getting exercise but the 5-10 hours I spend editing every session I am sitting on my big fat butt.

I hate exercise. I am just being completely honest. This is my 37th day on MFP and I have not once gone over on calories. I am rocking that part of it. BUT I am not rocking the exercise part. And I really want to!!!!!

So I have a plan. I really want to change things up through the year to try and avoid too many plateaus and things like that.

So here is my plan:

March - Curves - http://www.curves.com/
    April - Curves
    May - Seung-ni Fit Club - http://www.seungni.com/
    June - Seung-ni Fit Club
    July - Turbo Jam - http://www.beachbody.com/
    August - Turbo Jam
    September - Turbo Fire - http://www.beachbody.com/
    October - Turbo Fire
    November - Insanity - http://www.beachbody.com/
    December - Insanity

My goal is lose a total of 100 pounds by January 1, 2012. I started on January 7, 2011. I am just wondering if I continue on my eating plan, exercise at least 4 times a week as outlined above, can I make it to my goal by the first of the year? My other goal is to avoid plastic surgery. I don't want to have to get a whole bunch of surgery to remove hanging skin. I thought starting out slowly with Curves and then Seung-ni I am not throwing myself into exercise routines I cannot handle. Then with the Beach Body workouts I am really starting to challenge myself and I think it's those workouts that will help the most with the skin issue.

Am I on the right track? Any and all feedback is appreciated! THANK YOU!!!!

Laurie, you are absolutely on the right track with how you're going to progress through your exercise journey. The only thing I'll point out is that, except for Insanity, most BB programs are 3 months long so your timeline is off if you're only looking at 2 month increments. You might also throw in some walking now that the weather is getting nicer and perhaps work up to using 2 - 5 lb hand weights during your walks to begin strengthening your muscles and tightening up your skin. Drink tons of water which will promote skin elasticity as well. We all need to push ourselves as much as possible so I am extremely proud to see you create a workable plan to achieve one of your goals. I think you're doing great!!!

Sharon
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Sharon! I am glad to see that you are back and had a wonderful time. Thanks for the friend request.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join??:flowerforyou:

My name is Amy and I'm trying to lose 18 pounds by July 20th! I am in my 6th week of TurboFire, I love it!:love:

I used to use my Timex HRM with strap, but recently bought a GoWear Fit (ebay $79) and have left the HRM behind, it appears that it was calculating over 40% higher than my actual burn:noway: So now I know how many calories I actually burn in a 24 hour period, question is how to use that knowledge to lose weight!

Today I did Fire 45EZ and Core 20.

Amy, in my opinion, the only reason to know exactly how many calories you're burning is if you want or need to eat those exercise calories so you don't go over your daily allotment. Otherwise, it's just a good metric to know to ensure you're matching or exceeding that number each time you do the same workout. With a Bodybugg, Body Media, GoWear Fit device what you're trying to do is know how many calories you've burned that day so you can eat 500 - 1000 less that the burn amount. If you do that each day you should lose 1 - 2 lbs each week.

Sharon
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Sharon, that is exactly why I bought the GoWear, I've been stuck at the same weight for too long, I needed an answer so I could start losing without all the guesswork:happy:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Morning All!

Today is day 1 of my renewed commitment to my fitness and eating plan. Completed Fire 30 with my weighted gloves, Greatest HIITs, and Stretch 10. Bodybugg showed a 500 calorie burn.

Tried Raw Agave Nectar in my oatmeal instead of honey or sugar this morning...OMG YUM!!!! Added a splash of milk, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 1/4 cup fruit and nut granola as well.

Hope you all have a fantastic Valentine's Day and a wonderful Monday!
    Sharon
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Tried Raw Agave Nectar in my oatmeal instead of honey or sugar this morning...OMG YUM!!!! Added a splash of milk, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 1/4 cup fruit and nut granola as well.
    I love agave!! I spend a lot of money on it, so it's a special treat when I get it. It's something I kept from when I went through my raw eating phase.
  • telcochik
    Options
    The one I got from Whole Foods (their brand) was about $5. How much did you spend Steph?

Sharon
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to jump aboard here?
  • telcochik
    Options
    It's NEVER too late Seckler! Welcome to our little corner of the MFP world. Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your health and fitness goals as well. What are you currently doing for exercise? Where do you want to be in 90 days? Etc.

:bigsmile:
    Sharon
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am joinging in on this too!

My name is Stacey, I lost 35lbs about 3 years ago, doing nutrisystem and ofcourse gained some back slowly! I ordered p90x, and stuck with it for 120 days, lost 21 lbs and TONS of inches. I was in the best shape I have ever been in. Well, then I kind of got bored with p90x and started running 3-4 days a week and over the winter I have slacked off of my eating/running and gained some back again :sad:
    I just tried on my jeans from last summer and they were sooo tight, I am just mad at myself!
    My problem is consistency.....I am ordering TurboFire, and using Sharon as a Coach to be accountable. Hope to get to know all of you better!
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    well, I haven't replied to this thread in a while. I'm in two other "challenges" it's hard to keep up with everything, but it keeps me motivated.

I actually just got back from a run. It's gorgeous today here in East Tennesse. At least 60 outside, maybe more. There's no clouds and a nice breeze. I enjoyed my run! Back before I would NEVER have said "I want to go run" I hated running. Now I love it! I feel so great afterwards. However, I find that I run better off the treadmill. I push myself hard because I can see myself going somewhere.

It's nice! I want to do something else later today before dinner with my boyfriend tonight. not sure if I'll go run again or just do some crunches and pushups!

Right now I've got to go eat some lunch and I have NO IDEA what I want!

Happy Monday and Valentines Day to everyone!

OH and I'm down to 188.2 today!