Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't eat before my workouts either. I just drink 1.5L of water throughout.

Sharon
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Today I'm not sure what workout I'm gonna do. I'm going to try and switch it up a bit. I use the free stuff from my On Demand that is usually on Exercise TV. It's wonderful having that! I have a Dr. Appt. at 12:30, I'm hoping if they weigh me, it looks better than the last time I was there.
    I also am very excited, I'm gonna be stopping at Froyoz, which is the most wonderful frozen yogurt place EVER! haha
  • telcochik
    Options
    I had to give up frozen yogurt because a) I can never stop the darn machine at 4 oz in a self serve shop and b) the candy calls me. Before I know it I have the most beautiful wonderful yummy cup of frozen yogurt and it rings in at probably about 1000 calories! :laugh:

Sharon
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Question for those of you that work out in the morning - Do you eat breakfast prior or any sort of protein drink or anything prior to working out?
    I love working out in the mornings (before lunch, that is). I always eat before a workout - otherwise, I'm running on empty. I try to give it 1-2 hours between eating and a workout though. I don't want to get a cramp, or inhibit digestion by working out RIGHT after I eat. Sometimes just a banana can get me through a workout. If I workout on an empty stomach, it really bothers me to do crunches and ab exercises. Do what feels right for you. Your body will tell you.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Friends - feel free to invite others to join our group. The more the merrier because I know we're creating the kind of supportive nurturing environment that so many people need and want. Not everyone has time to read through all the threads to find they type of people they want to hang out with. If they know and are friends with you then they'll be more comfortable joining an established group.

Pay it forward peeps...it's a gratifying thing to do! :bigsmile:

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Finally got my hrm today, i had to walk to the post office to get it :explode: completed HHIT 20 and i burned 152 calories :smile: but according to mfp i burned 289 , i knew i didn't burn that much , hope everyone had a great day today ,:flowerforyou:
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies about morning workouts! After vacation next week, I'm going to work on the little mans sleep schedule. Then maybe I can attempt some early morning workouts if he will sleep a little longer!

Moraima - What HRM did you get? I'm looking into these right now and will be purchasing one when I return from vacation! Any one else have a great review for a HRM?
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    I got a Sportline Women' s Dual Heart Rate Monitor 1025 , it has 20 functions , i got it from ebay for $50 dollars, it also came with a chest strap:smile:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join??:flowerforyou:

My name is Amy and I'm trying to lose 18 pounds by July 20th! I am in my 6th week of TurboFire, I love it!:love:

I used to use my Timex HRM with strap, but recently bought a GoWear Fit (ebay $79) and have left the HRM behind, it appears that it was calculating over 40% higher than my actual burn:noway: So now I know how many calories I actually burn in a 24 hour period, question is how to use that knowledge to lose weight!

Today I did Fire 45EZ and Core 20.
  • bk2011
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join??:flowerforyou:

My name is Amy and I'm trying to lose 18 pounds by July 20th! I am in my 6th week of TurboFire, I love it!:love:

I used to use my Timex HRM with strap, but recently bought a GoWear Fit (ebay $79) and have left the HRM behind, it appears that it was calculating over 40% higher than my actual burn:noway: So now I know how many calories I actually burn in a 24 hour period, question is how to use that knowledge to lose weight!

Today I did Fire 45EZ and Core 20.

WELCOME AMY! Sharon is on vacation this weekend but she will be glad to have more people on the thread!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    nicolina... That was some weird tasting chicken. I thought I liked it at first, but then it got weird... :laugh:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Thanks BK2011!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon, is it too late to join?

I'm currently at about 156lbs and hoping to get down to to 125 and stay there. I started to get fit previously in 2008 when my first child was 3 but then had twins so took time off. They're now 18 months so hoping to get back into it. I'm been on MFP and doing quite well... I've lost 19lbs since I started :)

My exercise goals are pretty thought out. I am signing up for about 5 races this year between 4-7kms each. I have already completed one 5.5km in January and now in the middle of Nike's Walk to Run program to build up my endurance. I am running about 4km straight now in under 30 mins :) I also try to mix it up with some videos (anything from yoga to zumba to kickboxing) and elliptical and rowing (for overall toning and strength).

My food diary is open and I am usually under my goals with some "cheat" meals and days in there... it's getting easier not to have too many cheats.

I'm mainly looking for accountability... and someone to motivate me. If anyone else on this board would like to add me, please feel free!

Oh, and if we have to move threads, can someone please send me a link so I don't lose it? Thanks in advance... I usually start off well in a thread and then lose it when it moves on!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm mainly looking for accountability... and someone to motivate me. If anyone else on this board would like to add me, please feel free!
    Hey Jrr... In addition to external motivation, see what you can do to motivate yourself as much as possible. I have a whole wall in my room dubbed "My Wall of Motivation". I've got pictures, quotes, and a pair of pants a size below my current size that I really want to wear, all hanging on my wall. Every time I look at it, I can usually find something that gets me going. Also, try starting your day of with meditation/visualization, to put yourself in a mindset, and start the day off with a healthy outlook. :flowerforyou:
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Hello all , quick question mfp already has a 500 deficit for me but i burned 500 more today , mfp also has me at 1200, how many calories should i eat, 1600?, or more thanks guys
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Hey Jrr... In addition to external motivation, see what you can do to motivate yourself as much as possible. I have a whole wall in my room dubbed "My Wall of Motivation". I've got pictures, quotes, and a pair of pants a size below my current size that I really want to wear, all hanging on my wall. Every time I look at it, I can usually find something that gets me going. Also, try starting your day of with meditation/visualization, to put yourself in a mindset, and start the day off with a healthy outlook. :flowerforyou:

Thanks for that! It sounds great and I might have to give it a go :)

I do have a pile of clothes that I have waiting for me for when I lose a bit more and I've started to bag things to donate to charity that are too big... can't wait to really start shopping once I'm a goal!!!!!
  • forthefab5
    Options
    Hello all , quick question mfp already has a 500 deficit for me but i burned 500 more today , mfp also has me at 1200, how many calories should i eat, 1600?, or more thanks guys

Hi! I'm not sure about the correct answer to that... everyone's a bit conflicting on this issue... for me though, if I've exercised that much, I would try to stay within 1200 and 1450 (which is about half your exercise calories on top of the 1200).

Are you still hungry? Then have some light snacks to bring it up a little.

Once problem that I have usually is that if I eat over my 1200, then some of my other trackers turn red (eg fat, sugar, sodium, etc)... I get a bit anxious then! How does everyone else go with this?
  • bk2011
    Options

Hi! I'm not sure about the correct answer to that... everyone's a bit conflicting on this issue... for me though, if I've exercised that much, I would try to stay within 1200 and 1450 (which is about half your exercise calories on top of the 1200).

Are you still hungry? Then have some light snacks to bring it up a little.

Once problem that I have usually is that if I eat over my 1200, then some of my other trackers turn red (eg fat, sugar, sodium, etc)... I get a bit anxious then! How does everyone else go with this?

I try to eat some of the exercise calories back so that my net is at 1200. Now that said, it doesn't always happen! I have adjusted my calorie goal for the day to 1500 PRIOR to any exercise since I am doing P90X, and eating 2000 calories seems like A TON to me! So I do my best!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I always try to stay under 1300-1400 ish without exercise. If I exercise, I eat more, cause I'll be hungrier. If I'm hungry, I know I won't stick with my goals. Eat when you are hungry; stop when you are not. :wink:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I hope I am not too late, but I want to jump on board.

Hello. My name is Beth. I am currently at 171.8 after losing 22 lbs over the past 4 months (my original weight was 194). A friend told me about this website 3 days ago, and I have fallen in love with it. My ultimate goal is to be down to 140 lbs (which I haven't been my whole life). I have always been on the heavier side, and my kids are my motivation now. I have 2 babies, and I want to be around a long time for them. My whole family is bigger suffering from diabetes, high cholestorol, high blood pressure, etc. I don't want to be like them; I want to be healthy. My calories are around 1500/day, and I workout 5x/week doing the 30-day shed. Not to mention, I also chase after my kids at night. I am increased my water intake and decresed my soda intake (I am down to 1 sometimes 2 a day compared to 4 or 5 a day). In the next 3 months, I want to be down into the next size which would put me from a size 16 to 14 (12 would be nice too). I am just looking for motivation and support when I am having a rough time.

4714135.png