Sharon's coaching thread

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stacey!!!! You won't be sorry you decided to start Turbo Fire. It's my soul mate workout...best program I have ever done and the only one that makes me miss it when I'm doing something else (or nothing at all :laugh:)!

I was a long time Jenny Craig user and when I went off their eating plan I gained weight. I finally found a way to eat that leaves me satisfied and able to lose weight by focusing on clean eating principles and drinking Shakeology on a daily basis to control my sugar cravings.

I'm so happy to have you join us!
    Sharon
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's NEVER too late Seckler! Welcome to our little corner of the MFP world. Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about your health and fitness goals as well. What are you currently doing for exercise? Where do you want to be in 90 days? Etc.

:bigsmile:
    Sharon

My name is Stacie. I am trying to lose those last pounds...currently have around 7 to go. I am trying to be healthy by eating better foods for me...this is still a work in progress, but I feel like I am doing much better than I was:smile: My fitness goals are to lose those last pounds and tone up! I am on week four of turbo fire and really love it, I take a karate class with my kids for 1 hour a week, and I walk for 30 minutes on my lunch hour everyday. In 90 days I want to be in the best shape that I have ever been in!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 55 today , BURNED 530 CALORIES, go me , have a great valentines day everyone:flowerforyou:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Stacie! Welcome to our little group! You sound like you're doing really well with your exercise plans. 7 lbs is nothing...I know you'll get there soon.

Great burn Moraima!

Have a great night!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Today was a strength training day so I did Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 1 and Turbo Fire Core 20. Double Chocolate Shakeology is already chilling in the refrigerator for later. Low fat cottage cheese, fruit, and Kashi GoLean Crunch will be my breakfast so my muscles get some protein to work on.

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day and that your Tuesday is a great one!
    Sharon
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 of my renewed commitment to my fitness and eating plan. Completed Fire 30 with my weighted gloves, Greatest HIITs, and Stretch 10.

Greatest HIITs is going to be my reward for finishing the 20 weeks of TF!

Today was Fire 30 & Sculpt 30 for me, I actually had a great night's sleep so was really into my workout!

Have a great day!
  • telcochik
    Options
    That's a great reward Amy!

Sharon
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    Sharon, you are the best with so many helpful tips! Thanks so much for pointing out that the programs I chose are 3 months long. I will either re-do my schedule or find other Beach Body programs to do. I can't wait to start. I will DEFINITELY incorporate walking into my schedule as well. I hope one day to start running so that is a BIG goal I have! :)

Jrr, thanks for the response. I too have no money to do plastic surgery but I told my husband that there is no way I am going to work so hard to lose 100 pounds and STILL be unhappy with my appearance because of skin issues. It will be SO HARD to wait a whole year after I lose the 100 pounds but I totally agree that is the best decision. Hopefully if we take the weight off slowly, exercise appropriately, and drink a ton of water our fears won't come true!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Laurie - except for Slim in 6 (6 weeks) and Insanity (60 days), every Beachbody program is 90 days long. Trust me the days fly because each program includes so many different workouts to do. You get a planned schedule so you never have to guess which workout to do that day. I think your progressive schedule will get you to Turbo Jam faster than you think but I would highly encourage you to give the 90 days a try before you look elsewhere for something shorter.

Just my $0.02 :bigsmile:
    Sharon
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    First of all Sharon, THANK YOU, for doing this for all of us! I so appreciate the help and really feel like with MFP I am going to be completely successful this time!!!!

MELINDA, I have NEVER met anyone in my entire life that has had to have Radioactive Iodine to kill their thyroid. I had it done when I was 13. Before it was discovered that I had Hyperthyroidism I was always a normal weight. I weighed about 108 pounds when I had my thyroid destroyed and I was tall so it was a perfectly healthy weight for me. I never had issues with food, I was a perfectly normal girl until this happened.

Just wanted to say that I had my thyroid zapped as well using radio-active iodine. Not fun! I gained 30 or 35 pounds and it took me a long time to get it off, but these last 10 or 15 pounds are the hardest.

But I love Beachbody, I am currently doing Turbo Fire, but I mix in P90X and Insanity on days that I want something different. I would love to join in on this thread.
  • telcochik
    Options
    We'd love to have you Maria! Any fellow Turbo Fire-er is a friend of mine :wink:

Please give us a little insight into you, your health and fitness goals, your current eating plan, and what you want to accomplish in the next 90 days! I look forward to watching you succeed!!!!

Sharon
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    We'd love to have you Maria! Any fellow Turbo Fire-er is a friend of mine :wink:

Please give us a little insight into you, your health and fitness goals, your current eating plan, and what you want to accomplish in the next 90 days! I look forward to watching you succeed!!!!

Sharon

Thanks Sharon! I'm on MFP everyday and I've never seen your posts before... I wish I'd "met" you sooner!

Anyways, a bit about me:
    36 years old, live in Vancouver, BC. I've always been healthy and in shape, but was never "small". I'm italian so we love everything about food.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid and had my thyroid zapped with RAI, then I became hypo-thyroid and put on like 30-35 pounds. Once my meds were stabilized, I lost all the weight with a lot of sweat and smart eating (Zone-principal, so fairly high protein). I have about 10-15 pounds that I would like to drop, but I don't think my body likes that, so I hover around 150.

I'm one of those people that loves to workout (I have always been a fan of home videos and getting P90X made me so happy), but I want to get it done as fast as possible. Enter... Turbo Fire. I don't follow the schedules to a tee, because time just doesn't allow for it.

As for my eating habits, I eat healthy 75% of the time but my #1 problem is portion control and lately a love of sweets. I eat everything, just make sure to work it off at some point.

Looking forward to this!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Maria - I'm sorry I haven't "met" you sooner either! Since you've done P90X, and are now working on Turbo Fire, are you also entering your workouts into WOWY on the Beachbody website? Did you know that if you did you would automatically be entered into a drawing to win a cash prize...up to $1,000? If you are not already doing it, I highly encourage you to check it out!

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Fire 30 and HIIT 15
  • telcochik
    Options
    Great burn Moraima!

Sharon
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    HITT 20 this morning and walked for 30 min at lunch today. I felt like I needed more but didn't know what I would add to that. I get up an hour early every day since some workouts are that long, so on mornings where the workouts are shorter, I feel like I didn't do enough. lol Tomorrow is Wed and the scheduled day off - but I am getting up and gonna do something!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi Stacie! I love that you did more than the scheduled workout. It's funny how once you start your body craves longer periods of exercise in order for you to feel like you've done enough for that day. Awesome work!

Sharon
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So last night I set a personal running PB - I ran 30 mins straight, 4.52km at a pace of 6'38"/km - I think this roughly translates to 10'30" mile.

I am stoked and cannot wait for my race on the 27th.... a 4km :)

Hope you all are having an awesome day!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Jrr, thanks for the response. I too have no money to do plastic surgery but I told my husband that there is no way I am going to work so hard to lose 100 pounds and STILL be unhappy with my appearance because of skin issues. It will be SO HARD to wait a whole year after I lose the 100 pounds but I totally agree that is the best decision. Hopefully if we take the weight off slowly, exercise appropriately, and drink a ton of water our fears won't come true!!!

Amen! Good luck :)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    So last night I set a personal running PB - I ran 30 mins straight, 4.52km at a pace of 6'38"/km - I think this roughly translates to 10'30" mile.

That's great!!

Yesterday I actually burned 2652 calories woo hoo!! That's my highest so far ~ I love the GoWear, it's like a personal challenge to me every day to get that number higher while keeping my calories around 1800 a day:bigsmile:

This morning I completed Fire 45 & Core 20 and I am trying to avoid the scale until Friday, fingers crossed.

Have a great day!