Losers! (BBW/BHM thread..)

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Happy St Patricks Day All. Well I have started with a breakfast of eggs on a bed of spinach. Missed my cereal. Though today would be easy to eat green as had thought I would be home all day. But I'm leaving by 8.30am and will be back on the 10.30pm train. Will try and make some salads etc to take with me. Started well yesterday with the 3500 burn but will be pushing it today. Might just get off the busses and trains a stop early and walk if I have the time. have a great day all.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I am SO ready to give up!! I knew I would not have a good weigh in because of eating way to many calories over the weekend, but a 3 pound gain is ridiculous. I have eaten less calories to make up for it over the last few days and obviously that wasn't a wise choice either. I am just so frustrated, upset, and depressed right now that I just want to cry and not go anywhere and not eat anything. I hate myself so much right now. How on earth could one weekend of eating throw me off so far?!?

My weight this week is 346.2
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    I am SO ready to give up!! I knew I would not have a good weigh in because of eating way to many calories over the weekend, but a 3 pound gain is ridiculous. I have eaten less calories to make up for it over the last few days and obviously that wasn't a wise choice either. I am just so frustrated, upset, and depressed right now that I just want to cry and not go anywhere and not eat anything. I hate myself so much right now. How on earth could one weekend of eating throw me off so far?!?

My weight this week is 346.2

Oh hunnie... Don't give up...

I've had a look at your diary and it seems to me that you're not eating enough... your net cals are under 1200 often so your body might be in survival mode - storing fat instead of buring it as it doesn't know when it's next meal is coming...
    Have you posted this on any other thread? Others may have a better idea that me...
  • idahogirl71
    I have posted it in one other thread for a group I am in. I am just so frustrated right now. I think you are right though about the not eating enough. I started the hcg diet Saturday that my dr asked me to do and this is the result. I followed it exactly and gained 3 pounds in one week when I have been losing an average of 5 a week on my own. I will stay on this til I see him next week and if there is not a major loss over this next week than I am going off it. I don't feel hungry but I know if I am gaining then my body is telling me this is not the right thing for me to be doing.
  • I have posted it in one other thread for a group I am in. I am just so frustrated right now. I think you are right though about the not eating enough. I started the hcg diet Saturday that my dr asked me to do and this is the result. I followed it exactly and gained 3 pounds in one week when I have been losing an average of 5 a week on my own. I will stay on this til I see him next week and if there is not a major loss over this next week than I am going off it. I don't feel hungry but I know if I am gaining then my body is telling me this is not the right thing for me to be doing.

That is wise to listen to your body! Dieting is not the answer to anything, changing habits, eating good and exercise is. If MFP is working for you then i think you should stick with it no matter what your doctor says - and a loss of 5 lbs/week is a great loss. If your doctor doesnt think so too bad. Don't give up...we will always be here for you even if your doctor is not. As you say you should give it time but dont waste time on a diet that isnt working just because someone in the field says it should. That will just get you depressed and you'll end up beating yourself up because you are (hopefully not) failing that particular diet.

Sending some happy thoughts your way. You'll get through!
  • idahogirl71
    Thanks girls for the responses. I am feeling much better tonight after spending some time with friends (and passing on wonderful looking cheesecake which is my fave). I am so grateful for this group, especially the encouraging words. I'm increasing the exercise this week and we'll see what the scale has in store next week....one day at a time.

Name: Tami
    CW: 346.2
    GW: 135
    Workouts: walking, wii fit plus, Biggest Loser Challenge, weight machines at gym (when I go), situps
    Food facts: I hate mushrooms the most and am allergic to shellfish
    Interesting fact : My favorite books are historical romances and non-fiction serial crimes
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Hi Losers, your all doing great. I am over my 10% goal so now 3lbs to 2 stone and on to 20%. I have to say MFP is easily the best way to loose weight and stay focussed, all this tracking and support is brilliant. Also I have to say not paying WW's or any weekly club money fto stand in a queue and get weighed is really working for me.

Name Verity
    Location Weybridge, Surrey
    CW 220.44
    GW Size 14, about 12 stone
    Workouts Pilates, Zumba, Spinning I try to do 3 classes a week and maybe a dance workout at home
    Food facts Just discovered lentils and Quinoa for fibre
    Interesting fact My favorite trip so far has been Argentina, I did a week's ride in the Mountains camping out. I loved it
  • chiliflea
    I discovered quinoa a while back... there's a few recipes for quinoa on here... my quinoa chicken curry is pretty tasty!
  • chiliflea
    Next week after everyone's giving me their final weigh ins I was thinking that I'd make a list showing everyone their % lost?
  • jellyfishjen
    Hi Everyone after a very long day, I am at last Home. (11.30pm). Catching up on all the news. idahogirl, you've had a rough time, and its just not fair how weight that can take us so much effort to lose can go back on so quickly. So glad to read that later in the day your feeling better and sounded a lot more positive. My daughter and I work together thursday nights at the Sydney dance Company Studios. We sell the tickets for people to attend dance classes. But where our desk is, is also part of a cafe by day/ bistro by night. The food is amazing and aromas enticing. Tonight a group of ladies seated at a table near to us, ordered an amazing looking dessert. By daughter, (who is dancing in her frist showgirl show this Saturday) says, well that to me looks like a 3 hour in the gym dessert. LOL
  • chiliflea
    Sorry.... I failed to eat ANY green things today... I am a bad bad st paddy's day challengee! :embarassed: :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • jellyfishjen
    Sorry.... I failed to eat ANY green things today... I am a bad bad st paddy's day challengee! :embarassed: :embarassed: :ohwell:
    What no greens. Don't worry I ate enough green things for all of us. Hope you did my exercise.:laugh:
    By the way Rach, I am vegetarian,(lacto ovo) So we have milk and eggs. But if you see my diary and like recently it reads lemongrass chicken. Well I log it as the recipe is called that way I can remember which recipe I used but I subsitute the meat for maybe Santitiarium soy fillets, or lentils or mushrooms etc.
  • jellyfishjen
    PS ...What section of the supermarket should I find Quinoa?
  • orangejellybean
    orangejellybean Posts: 53 Member
    PS ...What section of the supermarket should I find Quinoa?

Hi Jen :)
    If i am correct you find it in the frozen section?? If i am wrong i am sorry haha!!
    But i am pretty sure that is where i have seen it? In orange/yellow boxes??

Happy Friday!!!
    K
  • chiliflea
    in my supermarket quinoa is usually with the cous cous and bulgar wheat....
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Hey ladies, had a very busy day today, I literally went straight from work to interview a band for a webzine I write for, then had to go straight over to the theatre I am a member of to help with a marketing meet! Argh! I only just had a chance to eat now. Not good.

Oh, my date was successful! I am seeing him again tomorrow!
  • orangejellybean

I could possibly be confused then haha!! Maybe i am mixed up and have no idea what Quinoa is?
    Can you get frozen stuff can Quinoa?
    I might just have no idea haha!!!
  • jellyfishjen

I could possibly be confused then haha!! Maybe i am mixed up and have no idea what Quinoa is?
    Can you get frozen stuff can Quinoa?
    I might just have no idea haha!!!
    I will go and search this stuff out, I think its a type of grain????/ Kate you may have seen Quorn products in the freezer which are pretty new to Australia. My local supermaket is being revamped so its all over the place and when I asked for it no one knew about it. (was a young casual). Anyway will try and track it down next week and do some research on this new wonder food, I think its high in protein and maybe fibre (Hannah)
  • orangejellybean
    Quorn! That's it!! Yep i was getting it confused haha! Quorn is what i have seen in the freezer :-)
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Oh! Quorn is really nice, even though I am not a veggie I often eat it as an alternative to meat. You can make a mean spag bol with it!

I am in a really good mood today! Properly back on track after my naughty couple of weeks on the road when I was unable to track, lost 2.5 lbs this week, taking me to 283.0! I reckon I can get below 280 by the end of March now, thats my mini goal!

I am currently sat at work in my pajamas for Comic-Relief and I have a hot date tonight, so today is a good day! YAY!
This discussion has been closed.