Losers! (BBW/BHM thread..)

Replies

• chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    i'm sorry i've been so absent. i was super super sick in February and am just now really recovering. the good news is, i didn't gain any weight while i was sick, and so far this week i've lost 6 lbs! i will post an official weight on Wednesday :)

Great to have you back! Glad you are feeling better...

Looking forward to Wednesday's weigh in (had a peek this morning and i'm 280.4lbs so just got to try and lose half a lbs by Wednesday.... Uber workout time!!! Good thing I've got gym this morning AND an EA session later!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Thanks guys! I am really proud of myself, but was disappointed to not run the run.

TOTM for me, so I'm guessing I'm not going to have a great loss this week. Hoping for a not too bad gain!! I have been trying to make sure I have enough calcium, thanks to Claire for the article she posted about that, and I have to say PMT has been much improved, so we'll see!

And on the subtle exercise I have been cycling everywhere local with my little girl in the bike seat on the back of the bike. Not only making me fitter, but counteracting the mad increases in petrol we've been enjoying!

I am planning to enter a run series here in auckland, cleverly named "run Auckland!" It's six 5km runs, but the last three there is a 10km option and a 20Km option on the final one .... My target is to be able to run 20Km by the middle of July! Seems unbelievable that that could be possible, but I'm going for it, and that will see me through the winter!

Claire, I know you can do it! GO CLAIRE GO! I see how many calories you burn, you can do it!

Calliope - well done on being sick and not gaining, that is quite an achievement!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I have an idea for a challenge if anyone is interested. With Easter coming up and Lent being a big part of the celebration for many people I thought a challenge might be to give up something for 40 days beginning Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) . This was of course originally a religious ritual; however, many people participate in Lent who are not religious. Anyway, just a thought and an idea. I personally am giving up bread, dairy products, and diet soda for the 40 days. And on a non-food side note I am giving up whining for those days. My husband always says I complain too much so that is my goal. If I can be successful at that, even if I fail at giving up the food items I will know that I have been successful :).
  • rachypompa
    Oh no! Does that mean it's pancake day and I've just eaten pasta and avocado pesto for my dinner! Damn, I LOVE pancakes!

Great idea though Idaho girl ... I'm not very good at giving things up ... moderation is my way ... hmmm ... what would you give up?
  • rachypompa
    I know my hubby would suggest that I give up "all the time I spend on the internet", but I couldn't do that, that would be IMPOSSIBLE!!
  • chiliflea
    Pancake day today! AND I'm having a glass of wine or two with a friend this evening.... Yikes! Would it be cheating if I posted my weight today in case I do something awful?!

Giving up something for lent.... That's a hard one! Could say chocolate but with TOM knocking that's probably not very wise (I'm just being considerate to the other members of my family!)

My OH would say to stop nagging, but I may as well stop breathing!!! If I didn't nag - things wouldn't get done!!!

I'll think about it for the rest of the day...

But seriously... Can I post todays weight for tomorrows weigh in???!!! :love: :tongue:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Calliope - Glad you are well and back with us now.:smile:

Rachel - Cycling is good incidental exercise, I have been doing adding extra movement by, getting it now. eg. I don't wait for a few things to go downstairs etc. I go back and forth, up and down whenever I need things etc. Your goal to do the Run Auckland is amazing.:happy:

idaho - great idea with the giving up for 40 days. Now have 12 hours to think of what to give up.:flowerforyou:

Claire - Yes I think you should log your weight now, and if you do it a day early , can I have that day and go a day late, I think i need the extra day to reverse the overeating, under exercising of this past week.:wink:
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    this week i have lost 4.4 lbs I am now down to 217.1 lbs or 98.7 kgs. Now i have to be better harder and faster if i'm going to make it all the way to my goal the 23 March. I am still a little bit sceptical , but if i know i do my best then thats enough! Good job everyone and happy loss!

Good work!
  • chiliflea

Claire - Yes I think you should log your weight now, and if you do it a day early , can I have that day and go a day late, I think i need the extra day to reverse the overeating, under exercising of this past week.:wink:

Hee hee! I'll let you if it's ok with everyone else!!! As long as you promise to burn 600 cals by Thursday?! :wink: :wink:
  • jellyfishjen
    I've been thinking about what to give up for the next 40 days. Chocolate/lollies could be one, often the quick add calories is from those little all too often treats. But I think I can resist those easily now, we will see. So then I thought it really should be something that takes some effort, and I think it will have to be the internet. I spend a lot of time just browsing around and not really doing anything on here. So from now on I will just do what I have to eg, check emails ignore the junk ones, log my food and exercise and check in with you girls. The time I save sitting on here I will get up and move. Accomplish something more, like cleaning the house (ugg), maybe gardening (nice) and visiting family and friends. :smile:
  • jellyfishjen
    Oh Ps. that means I have to log off now. :flowerforyou: Good night all.
  • rachypompa
    OMG Jenn ... I totally know that's what I should try to do too, but I honestly think I'd REALLY REALLY struggle. I want to give up something mildly challenging, not something that feels impossible!! ... or maybe I should say that I'm allowed 15 mins a day after the kids are in bed ... no more ...

I've just weighed in and I am over the moon to post a great loss. What with TOTM I was expecting a gain, so you can imagine my joy at having lost 1.3kg or 2.9lbs! I'm now weighing in at 89.3kg or 196.9lb. I'm over the moon!

Go losers!
  • alw2007
    alw2007 Posts: 35
    I like the idea of giving something up for lent. Of course, someone will have to tell me when it starts :smile: I think the toughest thing for me would be either facebook or chocolate...and I'm leaning toward chocolate. Which actually is a big deal for me, because I LOVE chocolate. Even now, I find ways to make sure I can have a little chocolate at least once a week.

And I have a question: for anyone that has a HRM, how much do you have to spend to get a decent one. I mean, I want one that will accurately count my calories burned, but I don't have like $200 to spend either. Can anyone help me out with suggestions?? Thanks!
  • jellyfishjen
    Rach that is a fantastic weight loss. Well done.

I as usual was nervous and negative about my weigh in, after 2 really bad days last week and less exercise. But SURPRISE 700gms (1 1/2 pounds). I now weigh 101.3kg (223.32 pounds). Yeah getting closer to getting under that 100.

Oh, Claire, I decided to weigh in on time so that I could deal with the damage.

alw2007... good luck giving up chocolate, I'm definitely giving it a go.

Good Luck Losers :drinker:
  • jellyfishjen
    I like the idea of giving something up for lent. Of course, someone will have to tell me when it starts :smile: I think the toughest thing for me would be either facebook or chocolate...and I'm leaning toward chocolate. Which actually is a big deal for me, because I LOVE chocolate. Even now, I find ways to make sure I can have a little chocolate at least once a week.

And I have a question: for anyone that has a HRM, how much do you have to spend to get a decent one. I mean, I want one that will accurately count my calories burned, but I don't have like $200 to spend either. Can anyone help me out with suggestions?? Thanks!

I believe lent starts today, Wednesday March 9. Hope I'm right as I have started now.
  • alw2007
    alw2007 Posts: 35

I believe lent starts today, Wednesday March 9. Hope I'm right as I have started now.

Thanks :happy: I guess it's a good thing I had those few M&M's as a send off then (thank goodness it's still Tuesday here!)
  • chiliflea
    Good Morning Losers!

Well done to those who have already posted weights! Good losses so far!

Hope you all don't mind me using yesterdays weight this week - was a little naughty on the pancake and wine front last night so not even going NEAR the scales today!!

Once I've got everyone's weights for this week I'll do a quick check and see how close you all are to your goals.... With 2 weeks left of the challenge it's a good a time as any for a little boost!

Happy Wednesday!
  • jellyfishjen
    Ok, I don't know about anyone else but in 2 weeks time if I reached my goal or not I don't want to leave this little group. I love you all and can't leave you yet. :cry:
  • rachypompa
    I had assumed we'd just set a new goal for a new date ... I can't leave you losers either!
  • Neither can I, I LOVE you guys! You ARE myfitnesspal... How ever the lent thing sounds hard, but thats part of the charm i guess! I am thinking that maybe i should give up all the things I stuff in my mouth when i decide to take a coffee with a friend. I have been lazy lately and i really need to get back on track. So no coffee-goodies for me. The exception is birthdays, don't have too many in the near future though.

I woke up today and didnt realise it was wednesday until after i ate my breakfast because i woke up to my sister getting a call from cyprus letting her know she starts work there in 11 days. I am so excited an really nervous for her sake - and mine. We could have been born like siamese twins it feel like. She is such a big part of me ( we do the Huey, Dewey and Louie-thing where we finish off eachothers sentences). I am glad for her sake, but im gonna miss her so much. Well so here is this weeks result. 97.8 kgs and i feel confident I will never ever even during TOM go over 100 again. In lbs that would be 215.2 and i will probably not meet my goal for this challenge - but i will most definitley ROCK the next challenge!

Long post, but bottom line is I love you guys and without the support from you all it would never have gone this great.
    Happy wednesday!
This discussion has been closed.