"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 1

Options
H20 Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra pounds
Week 1 of 10

-Welcome, for those who have joined my challenges before you know a little bit about how it works. Over the next 10 weeks i will be posting weekly challenges to help you shred those egggstra pounds you have gained over the winter months, or to help you lose more of the weight you have been working so hard on shedding. I am going to do this just a little bit different this time around, I will explain below. For the newbies out there, I would love to invite you to join us. It is never too late to get in on the fun, or never too late to star losing weight. Welcome, and we look forward to getting to know you...

2096035a0fsxt0umn.gif

Since this challenge will be taking us up to Easter we incorporated the EGGGstra, in there to make it feel more "festive". Over the next Seventy days, WE will shred this weight together. For once I'm not making a set amount of pounds to lose. Instead we are going to see how many you can shred without setting a weight goal. I'm hoping that this will help those of us who have been struggling to hit our goal..

For this challenge, I challenge you, I have noticed there are a lot of people who are, or would like to train for a marathon, so what can "we" do to help that? We can challenge you. This challenge will last over the next SEVENTY days.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
Walk or Run 100 Miles over the next 10 weeks. You may do this outside, or on a treadmill. This is doable lets do it..

2191610q208gshr57.gif

For those of you who can't quite do th 100 miles of walking or running, I too have a challenge for you that will last the entire seventy days..

I CHALLENGE YOU TO:
20 Hours of stationary boxing over the next 10 weeks, that amounts to 2 hours a week. You can do this standing up, sitting down, I dont care. As long as you get that heart rate up. This is doable, even if you have to push yourself.. lets do this..

79508ragr5s7eib.gif

WHAT IS ONE THING YOU STRUGGLE WITH THE MOST, AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX IT? It is said that it takes 30 days to break a habit, maybe you can break a struggle within the next 70 days. We are here for YOU..

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - UP YOUR WATER INTAKE THIS WEEK. IF YOU DONT LIKE PLAIN WATER, FIND A WAY TO GET IT IN. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO DRINK ATLEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY. JUST DONT FLOAT AWAY..

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - CHOOSE ONE ALTERNATIVE TO SOMETHING "UNHEALTHY" FOR YOU. FIND A "HEALTHIER" ALTERNATIVE TO EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN A LIFESTYLE YOU MAY BE LIVING. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER.

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - THIS WEEK, WHEN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH, THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, YOUR INTAKE FOR THE DAY, OR PUT YOU OVER. I WANT YOU TO WRITE WHY YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT OR DRINK THAT. AND I WANT YOU TO PUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE ATE IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BODY, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN, MAYBE YOU WILL BE LEAST LIKELY TO GRAB IT. INSTEAD OF GRABBING THAT POP BECAUSE ITS CLOSER. INSTEAD OF EATING THOSE POTATO CHIPS,GRAB FRUIT OR A VEGGIE. WRITE IT DOWN IF YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ATE IT. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS LETS LESSEN THE CHANCES OF THEM HAPPENING.

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - WORK ON STRENGTH TRAINING ATLEAST TWICE THIS WEEK. IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING SOME EFFECTIVE STRENGTH TRAINING SEARCH ON GOOGLE OR ON YOUTUBE, YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING.

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF, YOU DONT HAVE TO POST IT, BUT KEEP IT FOR THE END OF THE CHALLENGE. LETS SEE HOW WELL WE DO BY THE END. IM SURE WE WILL SEE RESULTS. FULL BODY, OR UPPER BODY WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE. ITS SOMETHING THAT MAY HELP MOTIVATE YOU.

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 1
(02/13) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR WEEK. WE OFTEN OBSESS OVER HOW MUCH WEVE LOST. SOMETIMES WE FORGET JUST BECAUSE WE DONT SEE A NUMBER ON THE SCALE, THAT WE HAVE SOME KIND OF A VICTORY. I WANT YOU TO HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR 7 DAYS AFTER ADDING YOUR STARTING WEIGHT. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF. REMEMBER TO DISCIPLINE YOURSELF AND LETS SEE WHAT THAT CAN DO FOR YOU. OBSESSING OVER THAT NUMBER DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY ISNT GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR WEIGHT LOSS. YOU CAN DO THIS!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: "The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

EGGstra contest, since this contest will be around easter, i thought it would be neat to do an EGGstra contest.. most of us color eggs with our families.. How about we the week of easter we post our uniquely colored eggs.. Create one that reflects on this challenge. Cant wait to see the pictures..

WHO IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS ROLE MODEL AND WHY? WHO DO YOU OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK UP TO.

I hope you like these challenges.. I put alot of time and effort into this. Remember if you have any suggestions please do share them. i want us to get the best out of this challenge.. My pledge to you, is to be the best leader this time around. I am finally over my cold, so I am here to do this for real this time.. :) I still have to come up with a graphic for this challenge.. anyone who would like to try to help in that feel free to.. :)

1651270ceav3xzg69.gif

Enjoy your week.. Add your weight and hide those scales..

April Val..

PS. Ill have Pinky Start the new spreadsheet next week to track our weight loss.. the website will follow..

H20 Website www.teamh20.webs.com feel free to join.. ;) if you havent joined please do.. :) dont be afraid to show your H20 spirit! :)

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge!!! Count me in!!!! What do I do first? This is my first time doing something like this, but I'm excited! I ran today, but I'll start the actual challenge tomorrow (which is a rest day for me, but that's ok).
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you can introduce yourself if you want.. name and a little bit about yourself..

add your Starting weight.. then you can say which challenges you will do.. you can choose what you want or do all of them.. and you can come back and talk throughout the week.. :) someone is always here to reply.. Me, Bru, pinky, and a few others.. They've been with me since I started the challenges up in August.. :) looking forward to getting to know you hun.. :)
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in. The 100 miles should be a good goal to add in.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Sure, I'm in. The 100 miles should be a good goal to add in.

Welcome.. :) cant wait to get to know you..
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Well I am defo in :D Thanks for taking the time April, so much thought goes into this group.

I shall take a picture tomorrow, I have to up my water and I love strength training.

My starting weight is 155lb
  • bjshooter
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people :flowerforyou:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm Nikki and I live in Michigan. I'm a married mom of two teenaged boys and work full time on top of that. My husband is an OTR truck driver so basically it's me and the boys all week. I've always been "chubby" and the most I ever weighed was when pregnant with #2 (204) and haven't seen under 120 since high school. I'm 5'2" so I should be under 140, which is my first realistic goal. This week I weighed in at 161.8, which is a great start (I think I started around 175-180ish) and I never ran a mile until last spring. Did the C25K and it was amazing! I'm obsessed now and am currently training for a 10k, so this challenge will just help me stay on track, or treadmill currently because it's cold and snowy in Michigan!!!

I'm excited to get to know you all and work this challenge out as well! Who knew this chubby lady would be a runner??? I never imagined it but as I've learned.. never say never! So the water challenge should be pretty easy for me too, but that's ok, the later ones will be harder I'm sure! Good luck everyone!
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to some people to keep me accountable - I've been steady at 140 for a bit now, and I am so frustrated. I just bought a set of weights to use at home (just little hand weights) and I have access to a gym, so I'm trying to get there for cardio 4-5 days a week. I can add my miles in there - 2 miles a day = 10 miles a week!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Ok, I'm Nikki and I live in Michigan. I'm a married mom of two teenaged boys and work full time on top of that. My husband is an OTR truck driver so basically it's me and the boys all week. I've always been "chubby" and the most I ever weighed was when pregnant with #2 (204) and haven't seen under 120 since high school. I'm 5'2" so I should be under 140, which is my first realistic goal. This week I weighed in at 161.8, which is a great start (I think I started around 175-180ish) and I never ran a mile until last spring. Did the C25K and it was amazing! I'm obsessed now and am currently training for a 10k, so this challenge will just help me stay on track, or treadmill currently because it's cold and snowy in Michigan!!!

I'm excited to get to know you all and work this challenge out as well! Who knew this chubby lady would be a runner??? I never imagined it but as I've learned.. never say never! So the water challenge should be pretty easy for me too, but that's ok, the later ones will be harder I'm sure! Good luck everyone!

nice to meet you.. i try to make some easy and some hard challenges.. some people cant do as vigorous exercise.. you ever have any ideas please do share.. :) i hope you enjoy it in the group.. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to some people to keep me accountable - I've been steady at 140 for a bit now, and I am so frustrated. I just bought a set of weights to use at home (just little hand weights) and I have access to a gym, so I'm trying to get there for cardio 4-5 days a week. I can add my miles in there - 2 miles a day = 10 miles a week!

Youre welcome.. :) Thats what we are here for.. ;) Im sure youll fit right in.. :) This is the 4th challenge weve done since august.. :) so hope you like them to stay afloat with us.. :)
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Great start to a great challenge! I have been struggling all winter to get back into the healthy way. The winter blues really mess things up. I look at my bike everyday when I go into the garage to go to work or the store. I miss riding...it is getting warmer so I am waiting to go.

The challenges you posted April are everything I struggle with...except drinking water..I do that well.

I am going to print them out...to see them EVERYDAY so I remember why exactly it is that I am here. I need these challenges...I need to push myself.

One goal I have is to get in better shape for my upcoming Warrior dash in June. Although it is for fun...I have never pushed myself that hard. Except nursing school...lol.

Thanks again April for all that you do. I hope this challenge helps you as well... I know you have been struggling too.

Looking forward to April 24!!!!!

Linda
  • bjshooter
    Options
    OOoo I just realised its my daughters bday on the 25th of April also. It will be nine years since I put the weight on. I am going to give her a mummy that weighs in in the 130's for her bday :D Well at least try to
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Great start to a great challenge! I have been struggling all winter to get back into the healthy way. The winter blues really mess things up. I look at my bike everyday when I go into the garage to go to work or the store. I miss riding...it is getting warmer so I am waiting to go.

The challenges you posted April are everything I struggle with...except drinking water..I do that well.

I am going to print them out...to see them EVERYDAY so I remember why exactly it is that I am here. I need these challenges...I need to push myself.

One goal I have is to get in better shape for my upcoming Warrior dash in June. Although it is for fun...I have never pushed myself that hard. Except nursing school...lol.

Thanks again April for all that you do. I hope this challenge helps you as well... I know you have been struggling too.

Looking forward to April 24!!!!!

Linda

Thanks Linda.. Im glad you like them.. :) sometimes its hard to think of them so we dont repeat too of then in the duration of the challenge.. thats why the last week is usually a wildcard week.. like this last week in the other one. got to be more accountable for our actions.. you know what i mean.. sometimes i know its hard..
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Sonia, I am 40, married 18 years, 2 awesome teenage sons! I weigh 225 currently. Started in January at 232. I work as a substitute teacher. I go to school full time evenings. I love to workout, I had forgotten how much I love it. I have lost 2 inches off my heiney and 4.5 off my waist since starting MFP.

I am going to do the wAter challenge as I sometimes forget how important it is. Also the picture,and the 100 miles. And def the weight lifting! We'll see about the rest! ;-)

Have a blessed day!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    OOoo I just realised its my daughters bday on the 25th of April also. It will be nine years since I put the weight on. I am going to give her a mummy that weighs in in the 130's for her bday :D Well at least try to

yaya you can do it.. :) are you finally feeling better/
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Sonia, I am 40, married 18 years, 2 awesome teenage sons! I weigh 225 currently. Started in January at 232. I work as a substitute teacher. I go to school full time evenings. I love to workout, I had forgotten how much I love it. I have lost 2 inches off my heiney and 4.5 off my waist since starting MFP.

I am going to do the wAter challenge as I sometimes forget how important it is. Also the picture,and the 100 miles. And def the weight lifting! We'll see about the rest! ;-)

Have a blessed day!

welcome Sonia, and nice to meet you.. I post the challenges to give you something to be accountable for.. If you do them its fine.. :) looking forward to getting to know you.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm interested in your challenge too. I've been a member of MFP for a month and a half, but haven't done a challenge yet.

I'm Lisa (SW 157.4) and I've never tracked how far I go on the treadmill or elliptical, but I'll start tomorrow and aim to hit the 100 mile challenge, or 160 km for us Canadians :)

For the challenges, I do well with water/green tea now, but the others are great challenges! Challenge #3 resonated with me as I've been craving sweets today and having a hard time resisting. I had one cookie, felt good about it, and have stayed away from more.

I'm going to "amend" your first challenge and challenge myself to go 70 days of not drinking any pop! I've given it up for the past month, and it's going great, so I'd really like to keep it up.

Thanks for putting in the work coming up with these, and I look forward to chatting with the group members.
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm interested in your challenge too. I've been a member of MFP for a month and a half, but haven't done a challenge yet.

I'm Lisa (SW 157.4) and I've never tracked how far I go on the treadmill or elliptical, but I'll start tomorrow and aim to hit the 100 mile challenge, or 160 km for us Canadians :)

For the challenges, I do well with water/green tea now, but the others are great challenges! Challenge #3 resonated with me as I've been craving sweets today and having a hard time resisting. I had one cookie, felt good about it, and have stayed away from more.

I'm going to "amend" your first challenge and challenge myself to go 70 days of not drinking any pop! I've given it up for the past month, and it's going great, so I'd really like to keep it up.

Thanks for putting in the work coming up with these, and I look forward to chatting with the group members.

Welcome Lisa, nice to meet you.. i hope you love these challenges.. I will post them weekly.. ;) I try to change them up as often as possible.. :) looking forward to getting to know you..
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Count Me In....

Hi! My name is Lisa. I started my journey to a healthy lifestyle 4 years ago. I was only 10 lbs overweight by doctor standards, but I was totally unhappy with the way I looked and felt. My husband was deployed to Korea for a year so I decided that it was time for me to take control of my health and loose the weight I wanted too. I ended up loosing 30 lbs, which took me to my pre-marriage weight of 140 lbs. And at the low end of my healthy weight. I LOVED my new body. I'd NEVER been so strong, fit and toned as I was then.

After my husband came home, we struggled with our marriage. We had for years really, but things seemed to escalate and I played the yo-yo game with 15 lbs. The stress in my life seemed to just get worse and worse and I totally lost the motivation to continue with my fitness routines and didn't always make the healthiest of food choices.

So here I am now, going through a divorce, moved back home to Michigan, and taking control of my health again. My goal is to loose the body fat I've re-gained and re-gain the lean muscle mass I lost. I'm only 4 lbs from my "happy weight" of 140 lbs...so not a lot to loose, just want to change my body's composition.

I do MUCH better with group challenges in staying motivated, so I am really looking forward to being a part of the Shredding the Egggstra Pounds challenge.

Good Luck to everyone!
  • DST513
    DST513 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am so down!! I will weigh tomorrow and take measurements.