"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 1

Options

Replies

• emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi... Emily here! I kind of caught the tail end of the VDay challenge, and I'm so excited for this one! I never did an intro, so here's my super quick version... married with one baby (OK, she's 3--I'm in denial she's growing up though!), living in TX and soon to move back to WA. Always struggled with weight, and finally feel like I'm getting the upper hand :happy:

The 100 mile challenge is great! I am on wk 4 of c25k and planning for a 5k early May--perfect timing! I'm ready to add some strength training (finally), too so I'll give that a try. I think Shred might be in my future... :tongue:

Thanks, April for putting in the work to put this together!!!

Starting weight - 195.3
  • tessamarue
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Tess (SW 285), and totally new to everything. I just joined and this seems like a challenge I can get behind! I turned 39 last month and I don't want to be this heavy by the time I turn 40.

I'll definitely be working on challenges #1, and for #2 I will be switching out by beloved sodas for fizzy water. #5 will be hard - I run AWAY from pictures, but I'll do it! And #6 is no problem!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Count Me In....

Hi! My name is Lisa. I started my journey to a healthy lifestyle 4 years ago. I was only 10 lbs overweight by doctor standards, but I was totally unhappy with the way I looked and felt. My husband was deployed to Korea for a year so I decided that it was time for me to take control of my health and loose the weight I wanted too. I ended up loosing 30 lbs, which took me to my pre-marriage weight of 140 lbs. And at the low end of my healthy weight. I LOVED my new body. I'd NEVER been so strong, fit and toned as I was then.

After my husband came home, we struggled with our marriage. We had for years really, but things seemed to escalate and I played the yo-yo game with 15 lbs. The stress in my life seemed to just get worse and worse and I totally lost the motivation to continue with my fitness routines and didn't always make the healthiest of food choices.

So here I am now, going through a divorce, moved back home to Michigan, and taking control of my health again. My goal is to loose the body fat I've re-gained and re-gain the lean muscle mass I lost. I'm only 4 lbs from my "happy weight" of 140 lbs...so not a lot to loose, just want to change my body's composition.

I do MUCH better with group challenges in staying motivated, so I am really looking forward to being a part of the Shredding the Egggstra Pounds challenge.

Good Luck to everyone!

welcome lisa.. nice to meet you.. ;) hoping this will help keep you motivate..
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hi... Emily here! I kind of caught the tail end of the VDay challenge, and I'm so excited for this one! I never did an intro, so here's my super quick version... married with one baby (OK, she's 3--I'm in denial she's growing up though!), living in TX and soon to move back to WA. Always struggled with weight, and finally feel like I'm getting the upper hand :happy:

The 100 mile challenge is great! I am on wk 4 of c25k and planning for a 5k early May--perfect timing! I'm ready to add some strength training (finally), too so I'll give that a try. I think Shred might be in my future... :tongue:

Thanks, April for putting in the work to put this together!!!

Starting weight - 195.3

welcome.. ;) happy to hear you like the challenges and youre welcome.. i put the hard work into it because i can see that people enjoy it.. as long as people keep joining ill keep doing them.. :)
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Tess (SW 285), and totally new to everything. I just joined and this seems like a challenge I can get behind! I turned 39 last month and I don't want to be this heavy by the time I turn 40.

I'll definitely be working on challenges #1, and for #2 I will be switching out by beloved sodas for fizzy water. #5 will be hard - I run AWAY from pictures, but I'll do it! And #6 is no problem!

Hi Tess, welcome.. nice to meet you.. u hope this group helps you get your goals in order, and work towards achieveing them.. as far as the number 5 goal.. maybe work towards it.. make it a fear to over come.. you dont have to post them.. they are for you as a reminder that you want to look better.. :) look forward to getting to know you.. ;)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yay new challenge!

I'll get the new spreadsheet going, as well as update the website, tomorrow. Had one heck of a fun but long day so I'm gonna crash out. Welcome to the new members! I love our group!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :heart::heart: Happy Valentine's Day Ladies!!!:heart::heart:

H20 Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra pounds for the next SEVENTY days...WOO HOO!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Walk or Run 100 Miles over the next 10 weeks. I CAN DO THIS! This might be the PUSH I needed!!!

20 Hours of stationary boxing over the next 10 weeks... why not do this one also... I can do this instead of just sitting on the couch and watching Y&R or DAYS... I can do this at the same time!!!

The one thing that I struggle the most with is my motivation to exercise in the morning... I will try to get up and fix daughter's breakfast and while she eats I can exercise for half an hour. This would be a great start for the day. If I can do this for 70 days I think I should get my motivation back on track!!!

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - UP YOUR WATER INTAKE THIS WEEK. This is not a problem for me... I drink 15 to 24 glasses of water per day...

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - CHOOSE ONE ALTERNATIVE TO SOMETHING "UNHEALTHY" FOR YOU. FIND A "HEALTHIER" ALTERNATIVE TO EATING, DRINKING, OR EVEN A LIFESTYLE YOU MAY BE LIVING. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT YOU CAN CHANGE TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER. I need to add more veggies to my daily menu....

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - THIS WEEK, WHEN YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING SOMETHING IN YOUR MOUTH, THAT WILL EFFECT YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, YOUR INTAKE FOR THE DAY, OR PUT YOU OVER. I WANT YOU TO WRITE WHY YOU ARE ABOUT TO EAT OR DRINK THAT. AND I WANT YOU TO PUT HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU HAVE ATE IT. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR BODY, MAYBE IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN, MAYBE YOU WILL BE LEAST LIKELY TO GRAB IT. INSTEAD OF GRABBING THAT POP BECAUSE ITS CLOSER. INSTEAD OF EATING THOSE POTATO CHIPS,GRAB FRUIT OR A VEGGIE. WRITE IT DOWN IF YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ATE IT. WE ALL HAVE OUR FAULTS LETS LESSEN THE CHANCES OF THEM HAPPENING. This is a good idea... I will do this...

CHALLENGE 4 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - WORK ON STRENGTH TRAINING ATLEAST TWICE THIS WEEK. Will look on youtube for idea...

CHALLENGE 5 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - TAKE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF I don't like taking pictures but will do this because I like seeing the changes...

CHALLENGE 6 - WEEK 1
    (02/13) - HIDE YOUR SCALE FOR WEEK. OMG... I will struggle with this one... I will step on it in the morning to see the damages I did this weekend since I was away for a hockey tournament then I will hide it!!! :huh:

EGGstra contest I'm not really talented but will try to have something nice...

WHO IS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS ROLE MODEL AND WHY? WHO DO YOU OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK UP TO. I don't know... but I hope to be one in a year from now!!!:tongue:

Thanks April Val for this great challenge once again!!!! I sending you :heart: :heart: :heart: your way!!! You are totally awesome girl!!

Starting weight (as of Friday morning) : 299.8 lbs (YES finally back in the 200's)!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to all new H20 members!

Have a great week everyone!

Chantal :flowerforyou:
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Count me in again :smile:

Thank you April for all your work setting up the challenges.

I'm hoping to have completed my first half marathon before the 70 days are up, so the 100 miles should be do-able!
    I will struggle with the water challenge - I always do - but I will try.
    The scale challenge has come at exactly the right time, we got new scales at Christmas and now I weigh myself almost everyday which is something I have never done. It's back to Saturday mornings only from here on ........ :smile:

My starting weight is 147 lbs

Hello to all the newbies, hoping everyone has a great week. xx
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Wow! So many new faces....welcome! This is the greatest group of ladies!

I put the scale away...after I weighed in for my measurements. I will not weigh in at all this week. That scale can be evil. I have class the next four days so it will be a long boring week. I am going to throw my gym shoes in the car in case I get time to walk a little. Otherwise, the tread will do. It is supposed to be warmer this week...a walk outside might be in the cards...hurry spring!

Will check in later....helps me be accoutable.

Have a great Monday ladies!
    Linda
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Wow - so many replies already. I always feel I'm behind on H20....LOL I'm back and pumped after losing 7.5lbs on the 7weeks on Valentine challenge.

I'm going to start my lenten promise early since that is really the bad habit I'm looking to break - and it kind of ties in with the challenge. Adding refined white sugar to my food. No more sugar in my coffee. I need to look at alternative sweetners (without going artificial). I also need to keep the natural sugars down.

So up for the 100 miles - although I'm going to need to convert to Km and mark out 4 routes around town. That way I'll get variety and be able to choose the walk I want to do based on how energetic I'm feeling. In April, my family does an annual charity walk. My goal this year is to do the 5K. Two years ago (the last time I did it), I barely made it through the 1K...not that I want to be running it this year, but I'd like to be able to not do the shortest route possible.
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Heading up to Curves to get weighed, will have my body fat % measured also so I can have an accurate measurement to go by since it's not weight I want to loose, but the body fat that is covering my lean strong muscles I KNOW I have hidden in there...
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! the challenges seem well thought out, even for me and my back injuries, and the timing is perfect! thanks for such a motivational and fun way to head into spring! SW 162.4
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Another H20 Challenge, the original H20 seems to be so long ago, it's great to see how many have stuck with the group as well as those who have joined.

My starting weight for this challenge: 167.8
    My goal weight for Easter: 155
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Heading up to Curves to get weighed, will have my body fat % measured also so I can have an accurate measurement to go by since it's not weight I want to loose, but the body fat that is covering my lean strong muscles I KNOW I have hidden in there...

I wasn't able to get weighed and my body fat measured today as they were super busy at Curves with the "Sweatin' with your sweetie"...was awesome seeing the hubby's out there working out with their wives!

So, being I had my official weigh in on 2-9, I will just stick with those measurements since I've only worked out (cardio) one time since then...

My Current (2-9) Weight: 144 lbs
    My current Body Fat% (2-9): 24.1%

My Goal Weight: 135 lbs
    My Goal Body Fat %: 20
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hello my dear friends!! And Happy VAlentine's Day!! I can't wait to get this challenge started!! I have yet to hit any of our challenge goals (Vday I was 1lb away, darn it!) so I'm stoked for this one!! As for the challenges:

Starting Weight 196.6 and as for my ending weight, I have a few numbers in mind, but I don't want to jinx myself ;)

I love the walking challenge, I'm all about that one and will have a ticker up shortly!
    Water I'm good on, so I won't up it much, I may float away!

My alternative, hmm, I have been playing more Xbox, I suppose I could limit that time and up my Wii time, although, my mouth had a lot to do with that one..

I'm gonna start up either 30 Day Shred again or maybe P90x for strength.

I will take a pic, I'll just put it in my profile pictures somewhere ;)

I hope you all have a fantastic week and we can all overcome any hard times and pass our goals and then some! I'm not 100% with eating solid foods, left side is slightly sore and I don't wanna upset it, so Nick and I are going to dinner this coming weekend. We've not celebrated VDay since 03, which we were just friends then and he asked me out, I made him wait a full week (Feb 21st) before I said yes because I didn't want our anniversary to be the 14th. SO we always celebrated the 21st instead. We got married in Oct so our dating anniversary doesn't mean quite as much now, so we're gonna start celebrating Vday.. no clue what's for dinner though, just that he wants to wear his suit!!

Here's a quick image I threw together:
    h20eggstra-1.gif

and here's the code: h20eggstra-1.gif (lower case img's of course :wink: )
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I would like to join in! I am the homeschooling mommy of four girls (ages 3-10.5) and one little man (will be 8 months on Sunday). I have struggled with my weight all of my life and this is the second time that I have lost over 100 lb. :blushing: The first time was in a very unhealthy manner while nursing my oldest daughter. My body was in starvation mode to say the least! I am hoping that I didn't do any long term damage to myself.

I started my current journey in January of 2008, when my 3 year old was one week old. I actually reached my goal weight right about the same time that I got pregnant with my son. :laugh: Right now I am working on getting back down to my goal weight before summer! This time I am doing things the RIGHT way for the RIGHT reasons!!!!

I will join in all of the challenges except for putting my scale away. After being on this journey for many years I realize that weighing every morning helps to keep my in check. I don't allow the normal weight fluctuations to get me down......most of the time anyway! :wink: :laugh:

I will do my best with the 100 mile challenge. It shouldn't be a problem at the beginning, dh and I are doing C25K and I am doing the 30 day shred. We are hoping to start p90x in March, so I will have to see if I have the time for the extra miles at that point or not.

Thank you for going to all of the hard work to head up this awesome challenge!!!!!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had the body fat composition done too, and I've dropped from 35% to 26.5% (over the past 6 months) but I'm shooting for 20-22%. So I'm hopeful that this challenge will help with that!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the new spreadsheet!

http://bit.ly/gc6Fqt

Please add yourself and updated it every week with your new weight. Be sure to click SAVE when you're done editing the document.
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    Oh yeah! My name is Mandy and my starting weight is 173.5. The habit I want to work on is sticking with eating healthy on the weekends. For the past several months I have been bouncing up and down in the same five pound range. I do great during the week, then blow it on the weekends. I have done great so far in the month of February and I want to keep it up and get the last few pounds off before Memorial Day!!!!!
  • AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angie, and my starting weight is 125. I'd like to lose about 10 pounds, but the number isn't really importatn to me, since I know that muscle weighs more than fat.
    I'm definitly in for the 100 miles!