"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 1

Options

Replies

• sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    103_1668-Copy.jpg

Ok, I am trying to repost my pict. If this doesn't work I am giving up. I even tried to copy and paste it. As you can tell I am not experienced with blogs or boards.

Today I did great with food, water and exercise. I am feeling good about it. I have really been down lately and haven't been able to exercise. I got in 2 miles pedo walk and 1.25 run/walk intervals also 10min on bike for 3.5 miles..
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Kim. I just turned 50 last month. DIvorced (and happy about it!) I am an avid scrapbooker and I love to sew - mostly heirloom sewing now. I didn't struggle with my weight until after I had my 3rd baby... it got worse 10 years later with the last one. :( In any case, my youngest is 10, my oldest is 28. I work full-time. I am an RN. I injured my knee last year and was on disability for 5-1/2 months... so no high impact exercising for me! I lost 40# before joining this group 1-1/2 weeks ago. I work out (after working all day) 4-6 times a week (even if it's only 30 mins on the eliptical, I am committed!) I'm also working on getting my NP so... school time too! ugh! I have given up my Pepsi habit... and drink Perrier instead. I struggle with drinking plain water but have been forcing myself to do my 8 cups a day. I don't think the 100 miles will be a problem since I do 20+ miles on the eliptical every week, but I think I will try to ADD 10 miles a week on the treadmill. I am losing weight... but not belly fat! Any suggestions for that? I do 600 abd. crunches every week... STILL... the belly fat! My daughter is getting married the end of May and I don't want to be the fat mom of the bride!!

Thanks for taking the time to plan these challenges!! Can't wait to see where I am after the 70 days! (Did my "before pic" today.)
  • cazzincali
    Options
    OH!!! I forgot to state my SW!! 192# Gosh... I hate how that looks written down like that! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hello mrscrowson09, welcome to the group!

Nikstergirl, WTG on a great day!

tannier78, ugh on the money issues. I HATE money. I mean, I hate it when there isn't enough to go around. Otherwise it is a pretty cool thing! :laugh: I hope your daughter feels better soon, poor little thing. :( That was very nice of your mom to try and help you out by bringing some groceries over. She meant well. M&Ms are kinda great because they make it easy for you to limit yourself to a small serving. Grab 8 pieces, then put the bag away. To get more food into you, have you thought about snacking on some almonds or drinking some milk? That way you'll get calories into your system without feeling like you're over-eating. You're right, there's always going to be temptations. You'll learn how to show 'em who's boss! Stay strong chickadee!

laduby6205 - how cool that you're up for a Manager Trainee position at Curves! I've got my fingers all kinds of crossed for you that you get it. I'm glad your interviewer was human enough to laugh with you over your nerves. Boo for getting called into work, but defo yay for getting moolah. And nice job for making good choices at BK, as well as at the work vending machine. Little victories all over the place!

April, you showed those cinnamon rolls who's boss! :tongue: Hubby and I did the same thing with Diet Coke - a houseguest brough a 12-pack with him, and he only drank one and couldn't take the rest with him. So we GUZZLED that Diet Coke...and we're totally ashamed to admit how quickly the addiction to it came back. We haven't kept soda in the house for months and have done fantastic without it. Since the precious supply came back into our hands...yikes. But, like your cinnarolls, the evil is gone now and life can get back to normal. :)

sameantha, hmmm I wonder what's up with your pic not posting. Don't get too frustrated, these links can get a little wonky sometimes. If nothing else, you should at least add your before picture to your profile pictures, so it doesn't get lost. Congrats on doing great with your food, water, and exercise today! Keep that happy feeling going!

cazzincali - welcome to the group! You sound like a really busy gal, but you totally know how to keep everything organized. That's awesome. Nice job kicking the Pepsi to the curb. Congrats on your daughter's wedding! I'm sure you're both going to look fantastic.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Oh ceelovejay...Did someone order some Katy Perry OPI swatches?? :love:

082-1-1.jpg
    081-1-1-1.jpg

The color's a little off since it was an overcast day here today, so I took a couple pics to try and get some kind of colorfastness. And please excuse my sloppy paint job and granny hands (I've always had very wrinkly hands, go figure). This was three coats of each, with one coat of Sally Hansen topcoat.

My opinion...of course I'm infatuated with Teenage Dream. But, along with Last Friday Night, you need one hell of a thick topcoat to get any kind of smoothness on the nail. Not Like The Movies is a money green/silver/purple duochrome with mini glitter. I like it...don't love it...which I'm surprised at because that was the one I was sure I was going to go crazy for. My favorite may very well be The One That Got Away. At first I wasn't even going to purchase it because I thought it was too normal. But it is SO pretty! It has this lit-from-within glow that is just stunning.

How's that for swatches and review? :bigsmile:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Had a very energetic day yesterday. I went to the local Botanical Gardens for Valentine`s day. DH and I both had the day off and so we went yesterday instead. It was a solid 2-3 hours of walking leisurely - getting ready for Spring. Going to figure out how many miles that I`ve walked and add it to my sig. It was just raining here and is still only just around freezing. Get to visit with friends today (still off work)....going back to work tomorrow.

I had a major milestone yesterday :) I got fast food (A&W Chicken Strips and Fries) and came to the conclusion that I really dislike the taste of fast food. I didn`t believe when other people said it, but it has actually happened. I have become so picky about where I eat out now that I`m being forced to eat at home more often :D

Pinky - Last Friday night looks like the polish I searched everywhere for at my prom (I spent 6 months looking for polish and shoes!!! Had to settle on both since I didn`t find what I was looking for!

As for my sugar addiction - my coffee this morning has agave in it, not sugar....and it`s flavoured so it`s uber yummy! I did have a root beer yesterday with lunch (the only part of it that i enjoyed) but I drink about 1 soda a week now compared to 2L+ a day so I`m not worried.

I can`t believe how busy this board is this challenge - I`m going to have to check in more often to keep up to date on all the happenings :)
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing great! I am doing well here. I tend to be too much of an "all or nothing" personality and I have to be very careful with that. I have been struggling the past few months and just bouncing up and down in the same 5 lb. range. I have finally conquered that this month plus lost four more. Now I have to toss out that little voice that tells me to just get the weight off and determine to keep doing this the healthy and right way. At this point I need to lose 1 lb. a week to get to my Memorial Day goal and I can't allow myself to get obsessed.

I understand about the Diet Coke. My chosen poison is Diet Dr. Pepper. My dh brought a 2 liter home for me a few weeks ago (trying to be sweet :wink: ) and last week I decided that I wanted it gone and out of the cabinet. Half an hour after drinking my first cup I suddenly felt like eating everything in sight. Up to that point I realized that sweeteners were bad for me, but I didn't really believe that they made me want to eat more. They DO!!!!!! I drank some of it, then dumped the rest down the drain!!!!! :bigsmile:

I am ready for the milestone where fast food doesn't taste good to me anymore! :laugh: It definitely doesn't taste as good as it used to though.

Have a wonderful day! :happy:
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Oh ceelovejay...Did someone order some Katy Perry OPI swatches?? :love:

082-1-1.jpg
    081-1-1-1.jpg

The color's a little off since it was an overcast day here today, so I took a couple pics to try and get some kind of colorfastness. And please excuse my sloppy paint job and granny hands (I've always had very wrinkly hands, go figure). This was three coats of each, with one coat of Sally Hansen topcoat.

My opinion...of course I'm infatuated with Teenage Dream. But, along with Last Friday Night, you need one hell of a thick topcoat to get any kind of smoothness on the nail. Not Like The Movies is a money green/silver/purple duochrome with mini glitter. I like it...don't love it...which I'm surprised at because that was the one I was sure I was going to go crazy for. My favorite may very well be The One That Got Away. At first I wasn't even going to purchase it because I thought it was too normal. But it is SO pretty! It has this lit-from-within glow that is just stunning.

How's that for swatches and review? :bigsmile:
    Oh my gawwwwwwddddddddddddd!!!!! I LOVE Teenage Dream and Last Friday Night!!! Can you tell I'm a sparkles-kind of gal? Thank you so much for posting the swatches (and you have great nails!). How do you like the Sally Hansen top coat? Is that the one I recommended?

tannier, welcome to the group! I know what you mean about the electricity bill with this winter we've had. I'm on a balanced billing plan and was already paying $241 per month. Well, it's being upped to $336 next month. It hurts terribly. Thankfully, we're going to have a great few days starting tomorrow so the thermostat is going DOWN. I hope your daughter feels better soon! I really hate when they're so little and sick. We know how horribly it feels to be sick and it just breaks my heart when my little ones are under the weather.
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to tell myself that I'm NOT giving up!!! This morning was my official weigh-in for this thread and I was UP one pound from last week. :ohwell: :grumble:

Anyway, my starting weight is 189.8. I'm not sure I will make my mini goal of being 185 by the end of this month, but I'll keep trying. I'm putting the scales away for the week.

My son had a birthday over the weekend and some of his cake was still around and I have been snitching a nibble here and there, but I finally decided it was not worth keeping, because nobody else was really that interested in eating it. So out it goes. :bigsmile: I struggle with grabbing a bite here and there and not really THINKING what I'm doing.

We have company right now, so that makes it a little interesting, but I'm sticking to it the best I can. I'm not giving up. I'm going to try my best and see what happens next week.:happy:

Keep up the good work, Ladies & Gents! :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Got a few miles in Monday while doing week4 day 3 of C25k, headed out shortly to go another round. I also started P90X yesterday (the lean version) and man is my lack of abs feelin' it today!!

I'm still not 100% on solid foods, but I did eat rice Monday and chili last night, slowly I'm getting there!! My water has been on target so far :)

We got our tax return which is really gonna help out these 2 weeks that Nick isn't working, hopefully we can make it last. Our plan is to still take out a certain amount (like $100ea) so I can buy something I want/need and Nick can do the same. I'm probably gonna spend my half on clothes and a new pair of shoes as I am tired of wearing Nicks shirts!

I have about 12lbs(give or take) til my next mini goal reward in which I get my first ever massage, and man I am ready for it! My last mini goal reward which is my final goal is to get a tattoo about this incredible journey, I'm pretty sure I know how I'm gonna do it, I just need to have someone else draw it up so I can really see it. Of course, I don't plan on that til the end of the year. Would love to have that massage by summer though ;)

I hope everyone is coming along with their goals and such. Time for me to suit up and head outside. Enjoy the day all!!
  • cazzincali
    Options
    April - at one time I weighed 335+ #. It took me 2 years to take off 170#... almost 1/2 of me!! I kept it off for 5 years. I understand that feeling of being below the 300# mark.... AND the 200# mark!! I am an emotional eater and when my dad died, it only took me 2 months to put on 50#! ARGH! 7 years later, I am still struggling to lose the weight - AGAIN! But I have faith in you! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    fitterpam - hubby and I went to our Arboretum for Valentine's Day! We're nature walking twins! :bigsmile: I've NEVER seen a polish look like Last Friday Night...too bad it took so long for a color like this to come out.

linemansgirl - GO YOU on showing that Diet Dr. Pepper who's boss! Stupid addictive artificial sweeteners. *shakes fist*

ceelovejay - you and I, lady! The glitters really are phenomenal. Wish they weren't so chunky, but hey, you can't have spectacular glitter without some texture! No it isn't the Sally Hansen you recommended, I haven't gotten to add that to my collection yet. It is uh...*rifles through polish box*...Diamond Strength Flawless. Gets the job done. If my Seche Vite hadn't gone all goopy I totally would have used that. LOVED that topcoat until it mysteriously turned the consistency of stubborn molasses. OH and since you seem to be a fan of all things cute, you MUST get your hands on this - http://www.scrangie.com/2011/02/physicians-formula-happy-booster.html I got one in Light Bronze and it comes with a $3 instant coupon...FLIPPINGCUTEOVERLOAD!!

CrystalS - NO GIVING UP! Birthday cake doesn't count, btw. ;) Here, read this article called "Why The Scale Lies": http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm It has really helped me put things into perspective when the scale spits back a number that I'm not jazzed about.

Bru - wow you're already in week 4?! How are you liking the program? Still feeling totally good with it? Your plan to take a little money out to spend on whatever your heart desires sounds great. You NEED a treat. You deserve it! Are you willing to share what your end goal ink is going to be? Or are you keeping it close to the vest? Hubby wants me to get a nice big piece somewhere, and I'm all for it, I just have NO clue what I'd like. I love flowers like cherry blossoms and magnolias, but I don't want to get something that's inked a lot.

First official weigh-in for me:
    SW: 173.4
    W1: 172.6 (-0.8)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    CEELOVEJAY!!! Screw searching for OPI shatter!

http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Crackle-Shatter-bottle/dp/tags-on-product/B004MKHYQM

China Glaze is making shatter...in more than one color! *swoon* Pink MUST BE MINE!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Scale is hidden, unless my husband pulls it out again. He uses our cat as an excuse. He weighs himself and then holding the cat! Our cat has been holding steady at 13.5 - 14.5 lbs even though he's on a "diet". He really is just a big cat (39" long when stretched out fully). I will not weigh myself until Sunday morning because we are having a big dinner with friends Sunday night and I have to travel and eat out Monday night. Ugh, not looking forward to it. Salads it is until Sunday and starting next Tuesday! I love my salad dinners with fresh wholegrain bread.
    I jogged one mile yesterday, but that's about all my knee can handle. I prefer walking right now, but it's so time consuming. At least I walk to work every morning. Does that count?
    I start P90X on Feb 28th!! So excited!
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would also love to join your challange. there isn't a whole lot of different things i can do because of my knees but i can walk miles using my mini trampoline!! so i would love to join you. i also use resistance bands for strength training!! so how do i join? message me and tell me what i need to do to join your lovely group!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bru - wow you're already in week 4?! How are you liking the program? Still feeling totally good with it? Your plan to take a little money out to spend on whatever your heart desires sounds great. You NEED a treat. You deserve it! Are you willing to share what your end goal ink is going to be? Or are you keeping it close to the vest? Hubby wants me to get a nice big piece somewhere, and I'm all for it, I just have NO clue what I'd like. I love flowers like cherry blossoms and magnolias, but I don't want to get something that's inked a lot.

I'm actually a C25K grad..I started when I weighed 230 and was 15lbs lighter in 9weeks when I graduated. However, I was S L O W, very slow. I did manage 2.75miles on my final day but still. Now that the weather is decent again, I decided to start working on speed. I started Mon with week4 day 3 but did week 5 day 1 today. As for the ink, I'm kinda keeping it a little bit of a secret, but I will figure a way to add a scale or weights or something to it to mark my journey. I'm a tattoo lover, it runs deep as my late Grandpa was an artist when I was a wee lil one and I've always been into it. When ever you do get yours, I'd love to see pics!!
  • jackielynnhutnik
    Options
    Hi! I am hoping that it is not too late to join in on the challenge. I would love to be apart of something that pushes me. I need to up my water intake and hide my scale. Sometimes I weigh myself multiple times a day.. I dont want to be like that anymore. My starting weight is 160. And I am going to take a picture of myself too. Thank you for this! Also what is the weigh-in day for each week?
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    103_1101.jpg
    007.jpg
    103_1668-Copy-Copy.jpg

these are picts of my progress over the past year and half. My Sw was 185 lbs WN is 154 lbs.

I don't know why this isn't going thru, unless it is because I am using a sub- album. I will play around with it tonight and see if I can get them to work..
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    103_1101.jpg
    007.jpg
    103_1668-Copy-Copy.jpg

these are picts of my progress over the past year and half. My Sw was 185 lbs WN is 154 lbs.

I don't know why this isn't going thru, unless it is because I am using a sub- album. I will play around with it tonight and see if I can get them to work..

What are your security settings for your sub-album? Maybe you have it set to private. Check that out....
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    When my S.O. looks at me like I have two heads when I come in the house maniacally happy about my new polish and Physician's Formula purchases, I'm going to tell him IT WAS YOUR FAULT! LOL I love the PF blushes and powders. Wow. How cute is that!! And you know how much I prefer China Glaze over OPI so that six-bottle set is going to be MINE (yes, all six!).