"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 1

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I love that we have SIL's in here! That's too cool! Y'all are fertile Myrtles! :laugh:

tanniew - bad days sneak in there every now and then. Sorry you're feeling blue. Just chase away that little grey cloud and keep on rolling. *hug*
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tannlew78, :laugh: like Mandy said, I ONLY have 5 kids. I enjoy them, but I'm not super women. We have our days like all moms do. :wink: Don't be discouraged! You're doing great.

Mandy, you are doing great, too!!!! Way to stick it out today, even when you didn't feel like it!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Keep it up, Ladies!! :bigsmile:
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge! I have never been a part of a challenge in my life, but I think I can do this.

THANK YOU!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Welcome katkari!

I love that our challenge/group is so strong and active! :love:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Had a decent day today... Meals, I'm trying to make due with what is in the house. Not much, but I did go buy a few things to make homemade lasagna for dinner since my daughter has been wanting it for months now. I ate about half of what I normally would, so did well. And I only ate one cheese stuffed breadstick instead of two like I normally would...and filled up on Baked Brussels Sprouts.

I wasn't going to workout today...initially thought about doing my aerobics class at church but fell back to sleep this morning after taking daughter to school so missed class. Didn't want to do another Curves workout as I'd been doing those three days a week and doing my Crunch, Push-Up, Squat Challenges between. Felt I needed to give my body a break...

Well, I decided tonight I really did want to do something, so went ahead and did my challenge workout anyway... did well, though, I wasn't able to increase the last set on the push-ups and squats from the last workout... but still increased total between all sets.

Today's Challenge totals, PUSH-UPS 86, SQUATS 127, CRUNCHES 224
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    [Homer Simpson voice] mmmmmm, brussels sprouts *gargle/drool* [/Homer Simpson voice]

Great job conquering your challenge workout, ladybu6205!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    OMG, im never going to get caught up.. lol.. Im just going to say welcome to the newbies.. and good job for those who have checked in, even with struggles.. good job.. :)

I got my tax check today.. I was on the go all day.. I feel that i got atleast 2 miles of walking in with all my running around, I walked to the mailbox and dumpster to drop off the trash today.. :) yaya.. hoping to go see my bestie tomorrow.. got my car!! :) yeah!
  • ladybu6205
    Options
    [Homer Simpson voice] mmmmmm, brussels sprouts *gargle/drool* [/Homer Simpson voice]

Great job conquering your challenge workout, ladybu6205!

Thanks! It feels good. I love how my body feels when I do these challenges. One more day this week, then I'm half way though the entire challenge.... shooting for 100 consecutive push-ups, 200 consecutive crunches, & 200 consecutive squats. Right now, my totals are that of 5 sets of varying reps... :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Thanks! It feels good. I love how my body feels when I do these challenges. One more day this week, then I'm half way though the entire challenge.... shooting for 100 consecutive push-ups, 200 consecutive crunches, & 200 consecutive squats. Right now, my totals are that of 5 sets of varying reps... :)

You'll make it! And when you're ready for a little change-up on your crunches, try leg lifts. Works the lower ab muscles and doesn't hurt your back as much.
  • JessAnn08
    Options
    I actually got out today and got 1 mile with my daughter. I feel it. lol. 99 miles to go. Upped my water and trying to stay under my diet plan.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I actually got out today and got 1 mile with my daughter. I feel it. lol. 99 miles to go. Upped my water and trying to stay under my diet plan.
    Great job! That's one mile you hadn't done yesterday, and one closer to your goal :)
  • Starting the seventy day challenge.....ive been already on the weightloss journey but maybe this will help me out sum:) i am obssessed with looking at the scale, i dont feel disscouraged ever if i look at it, or i may feel bad but that helps me to push harder. and wen i see a pound or oz gone im happy and continue to push my best.....water intakes hard with me, i guess i dont push myself to drink all 8 glasses but wen my body needs it boy do i chug. im around 4 glasses, but i am going to still push myself, and i will hide my scale just for maybe more inncouragment that im loosing....hopfully not gaining! lol

My starting weight:220lbs
    My Current weight:179
    My goal weight:130-140...

not far from it but gotta keep killing it!
  • Stacil2
    Options
    Im in also I have now 45lbs to lose. I need something like this to get me working. I would like to get a lot of it off by summer!! Wishful thinking. I just really want to not just lose the weight but be healthier. A few years ago I was down close to my goal weight and looking into teaching spinning classes now I think I might die in a spinning class!
    Im going to get to working on these goals tomorrow!!
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Made it outside for a mile today. Daughter and I took a walk around town then walked all over park. Probably did more then a mile all together but for the actual walk it was only a mile. Tomorrow suppose to get chilly again. we will see how chilly and see if I can get another walk in, if not Ill do the exercise bike instead.
  • sameantha
    sameantha Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Today, I did great with food, water and exercise. I did 5.8 mile pedo, 1.5 elliptical and 4.5 stat bike. I have to pass on the strength training for the next two weeks. I have pulled a muscle in my shoulder. Doc said to let it rest, but I get all tensed up at work and it starts burning before I get home at night.. it may take me longer to recover.

Looks like most everyone is doing pretty good with the challenge.

For those of you who are having bad days, don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day..
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am back! I fell off the wagon some time back and it has come around to pick me back up. I am ready to get rid of this last 25 pounds and darn it I am going to do it. No more excuses, no more feeling bad. I hurt my achilles tendon a while back, so I am still nursing it back to health. I will have to take some of the exercising easy until it is better, but that does not keep me from doing some upper body work. Anyways, glad to see some familiar faces as well as new ones.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, just came in to say I fell off the wagon today but that doesn't mean I haven't made progress :) Normally I have two weigh in days on here Monday & Friday. I felt that I really should do my Friday weigh in, but at one point, I had 7 groups on here with different weigh in days so I HAD to weigh in daily......Just thought I should confess :P Plus because I'm taking some medications for my PCOS, my doctor wants me to measure weight gained when my cycle starts....since the meds, it's been less and less. I'm expecting her today so I had to weigh in anyways....and I've gone from gaining 3lbs to gaining 0.5lbs, which is good and it'll be great if she does show (which I'm sure she will since I track my temp and it's a classic cycle this time) because it means that the meds are all doing their thing.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    So this week I have a 7 year old, two 6, one 5, one 4, one 3, one 2, one 19 months and one 3 month old.
    You. Are. Amazing. And I have four children of my own! Wowzers!!!
  • ladybu6205
    Options

You'll make it! And when you're ready for a little change-up on your crunches, try leg lifts. Works the lower ab muscles and doesn't hurt your back as much.

I have to do my crunches on my fitness ball as I have scoliosis and it really hurts my lower back doing crunches from the floor. I do a lot of side leg lifts, but have trouble doing them laying on my back...though, i will try and throw a few in here and there as I know it is good for the abs...
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I got a much better night's rest last night, so I am hoping for a better day today! :happy: I had forgotten that my second postpartum TOM started yesterday, so I am sure that was a big contributor to my hard day.

Here's to a wonderful Friday for all!!! :drinker: