200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Andrea- way to go on the self challenge! As far as measuring, (I'm new to measuring) but what I did was give myself incredibly detailed locations on my body to measure. My descriptions are arm, bust, waist (smallest), belly (above belly button), hips (gut), immediately under butt, thigh and calf. You can measure where ever you want, and those are how I described my measuring locations so hopefully I can find the same spot each time. I guess we'll see how it goes on Saturday! ACK!

Kerry- welcome!!! we love new people! and congrats on the weightloss so far! I'm with in as far as I just wanna see a 1 as the first number in my weight. I've been over 200 pounds since I was 15.

Wichelle- have you figured out how to use the ticker? let me know if you need help, its not too difficult.

Amy- thts GREAT that you can do pushups on your feet and not your knees! I occasionally give it a shot and can only get out maybe 1-2 before I collapse lol. I can go a lot longer if I'm on my knees though.

Victoria- omg thats a FANTASTIC burn! I was browsing through hrms on walmart.com the other day and realized a lot of them are just as expensive as the bodybugg, so if I'm going to lust after something that expensive, it might as well be something thats known to have really accurate information. Not like I'm going to get one, but just something that crossed my mind.

Kristina- woohoo for colorguard! I did it for 1.5 seasons. Senior year in high school and 1/2 a season my senior in college (major drama with the captain, who happened to be my younger sister, who happened to walk out because of the drama so I followed cause it just wasn't worth the trip to London with those hussies). I still love picking up a broom and flinging it around. It was such a great cardio and strength builder, unfortunately the routines are never equal between left side and right side moves, so my right arm had some killer muscles and my left arm looked wimpy.

Jamiel- 20 minutes of straight jogging is incredibly impressive!! I've tried c25k a couple times but I've found that I really hate treadmills (the belts tend to slide forward on me) and I guess I jog too fast outside to build any real stamina. I had a decent amount of stamina built up by the end of last summer, but I'm sure its all gone by now.

Lacey- where are you? you normally post by this time of the day! EMERGENCY! CALL THE LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT AND HAVE SOMEONE CHECK ON LACEY!!! Something terrible must have happened since she hasn't posted yet!! lol jk

Suzie- how are you doing? Haven't heard from you today.

Noelle- LOL @ the ears comment!

Babcakes- where are you?? come back to us!

Sarahthes- hope your week is going good!

My high school reunion is coming up in about 3 months so I REALLY wanna lose as much weight before then. I'm happy that spring is just around the corner. Plus Daylight Savings changes in less than 2 weeks so we will have more daylight in the evening! YAY!!! Maybe a couple times a week I can take Lexi to the park for a 1-2 mile walk and then have enough energy to do P90X at home?? maybe.....I guess I'll have to try and find out.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal & Kristina: It's so funny that you guys were in the color guard. I did color guard for all four years of high school. I was on the tall flag squad but my senior year I got to stand in for a letter girl when we did a parade at Disneyland. Yay! Color guard!

Kendal: If you decide to add walking on top of P90X, make sure you up your calories to compensate. I was running and doing P90X and not eating enough and my weight loss pretty much stopped completely until I laid off the running and upped the calories.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm here! LOL.

It was nutty leaving work last night and crazy walking in the door. Got pulled into a meeting first thing, barely set my bag on the counter..didn't even get up to my office!! All is well, just one of those "shakes head" things and "yeah, a glass of wine would nice" days. LOL. Why oh WHY do these crazy things alway happen when my boss goes to China for a week?? It makes me feel like I can't do my job right or hold the mechanics together. Ga!

I did cardio and weights last night. Soreness in a good way. Mild but there. Tonight I'm skipping working out for the wine and cheese, but I will hit it tomorrow with more running/walking on the treadmill. It will be a cardio night. Trying not to have too many cals before I go...I should have 450-500 for wine/cheese. Probably won't want dinner so it should work out okay.

I realized that Friday night I "might" not get to work out though I am going to try even if its just for 1/2 hour and then over the weekend my parents are coming so the food won't be that great and no gym on Saturday. We will be walking around the factory stores Saturday so I am sure I am going to get some exercise, just not as much as I want. I will try to make decent food choices.

Sorry, this whole post is I I I I I I.....I will try to get on tonight and reply to everyone!

I think I might be able to afford buying another new Le Cruset pot when I am at the factory stores....YEAY!!!!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Amy - all fresh juice is fantastic!!! I weigh the fruit and divide by two for cals since DH gets 1/2. The big rule is if it's melon, leave it alone!!! Make sure to take rinds off citrus but leave on all other fruits. I mix and match them all. Pure pineapple or mix of grapefruit/orange are fab!!! Mango/apple/grape good. Spinach/apple/carrot a staple... Apple/grape yumm. Adding cucumber always good. I often just buy seasonal sale fruit/veges or from the discount section planning to juice them the next morning... kiwi has been on sale here so we've had lots the last 2 weeks. On avearage my juices are about 200 cals a glass... I know it's high but add 150 cottage cheese and fresh fruit and it makes good breakfast. DH swears fresh juice makes him loose weight. I love just knowing fresh juice has no added sugar... What brand juicer did you get???
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    just sayin hello!! hopefully i'll be able to put a negative number down sometime before sunday! i didn't do so well this past weekend...even though i stayed under my calories, i gained a few pounds. grrr, i hate family gatherings!! too much bad food!! i hope everyone is having a good week!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... just checking in briefly. I'm still doing great with staying under on my calories. My workouts are going pretty well and I'm getting a decent burn. The pace and intensity just picked up quite a bit--I'm officially half way through my 9 week program.

Not in the greatest place emotionally right now as I talked to my mom on the phone tonight and my grandfather is basically being given palliative care. Makes me very glad I got back for Christmas and also that I phoned the day before he went into the hospital. I'm going to be distracting myself with work and getting caught up/ahead as I'm pretty certain that when he passes I'll be out for at least a few days with travel etc.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kendal - I love the Bugg!!! Mine works with my iPhone so that I can always check my total cals burned. It comes with 6 month on-line support. I'm not sure if it will work after the 6 months. By then, I will have a great idea of my cal burn averages. It's nice to have the bigger picture. It amazes me what I burn grocery shopping or even cooking. It also measures steps taken per day and activity per day. I don't use their nutrition data since I like MFP better.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Victoria: I got a Breville juicer. It had good reviews on Amazon and it's pretty easy to use and to clean so I like it so far. The Hubbs is on assignment to bring home more fruits and veggies so we can play with it tonight. Gabe really liked the carrot-apple juice last night and that's saying something since I pretty much have to threaten him to get him to eat a carrot. I have a question about your Bugg. Now that you know your calorie burn, how many calories are you eating? Did you have to up your calories?

Sarah: Great job staying on track! I'm sorry about your grandfather.

craft338: Family gatherings really are a hard time to eat right. Luckily for me, I am thousands of miles (and an ocean) away from my family so I don't have to worry about it. For now anyway.

Lacey: Yay for wine & cheese! Boo for a hectic day at work.

Well, I don't know what it is but my intensity level has WAY upped for this last month of P90X. My heart rate monitor says I'm burning way more calories than I did the past 2 months. (And my chest is way sore from yesterday's push-ups, BTW) I'm cool with the extra calorie burn, I just wish my scale would figure that out as "weight loss" but so far Mr. Scale is not on board with me. I did my Plyo workout, walked my dog and then did a half an hour on the Wii Fit. I haven't done the Wii Fit in who-knows-how-long but this was the FIRST time that stupid little thing didn't tell me I was too unbalanced to walk (it really is an insulting little avatar) when doing my Fit Test. I think it's all the Yoga. Have a great day Super Pals!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I just finished day 10 of level 1 of 30DS... which means tomorrow I have to do level 2, which considering how sore I already am, I'm a little bit nervous about.. I usually take Saturdays off to give myself some recovery time, so I have that to look forward to.

We are headed to Detroit tomorrow night for dinner and to see Daniel Tosh (comedian) live... we are eating at Michael Symon's restaurant, Roast... today I'll be checking out the menu to see what I can get away with without completely blowing calories out of the water.

Amy, keep us posted on the juicer... I'm always looking for new and fun food options, and I'm not very familiar with it so I'd love to hear more.

Victoria and Kendall, I have been thinking a lot about getting a HRM too... I've heard great things about the Polars as well... just not sure if I'm ready to drop the cash into it, especially since hubby and I are a week away from buying a new car. Eek!

I'm usually terrible about stepping on the scale every day and then getting really mad at it for fluctuating, but I haven't gotten on it since last Thursday, so I'm proud of myself for that.... now I'm super nervous to weigh in tomorrow, especially since its TOM too.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kerry: I LOVE Daniel Tosh! Enjoy your night out! That sounds like lots of fun.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Just stopping by to say good morning!!

Kerry- The polars are a very well known brand of hrm, but thats what I was telling Victoria- you can get a body bugg (basically a hrm you wear all day....its what they use on the biggest loser) for the same price as a good hrm. Plus you get the online support and tracking. I have a cheap hrm but it works good for me. Its a Precision XT. You can get it on ebay for $20-$30 and it has a chest strap.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kerry- I didn't realize we had another Michigander in our group! Both Victoria and I are in-state.--- her upstate, I'm in Ann Arbor. I liked level 1 of 30DS SO much more than level 2... i didn't find it that much harder, but just didn't like the exercises as much.

Yesterday didn't turn out to be a too hot of a eating day, but today's another day! A nice walk this morning with the dog, and day shouldn't be too stressful. I was quite productive yesterday, and I'm feeling pretty on top of things, which is nice. Plus, it should be a quieter week with the boss out of town again (she's quite the jet-setter).

Movement on the job front-- I just applied yesterday for the university posting of my position, so things are moving along on hiring on that side, and i just had to fill out additional paperwork for the VA posting, so things are moving along there. We'll see what I end up with!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Weigh-ins start tomorrow! I'm passing this week, with some serious TOM bloat-age.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I've had a really hard week at work. Unfortunately, I am a stress eater, so I am afraid to weigh in! You think I would learn by now when I'm stressed, exercise is a much better option than eating!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Hey everyone! The wine and cheese were great last night! It was super nice hanging out with girls and chillazing (its my new word lol). I got home around 9. The thing is however, the wine made my legs feel like clubs last night in bed and I was up and down all night. I finally elevated my legs on two pillows around 4am and it helped them feel better.

I am pretty sore today from my two days of work outs,. so thats a good sign that my new routines are working. yeay! Tonight is a 30 minute run/walk on the treadmill and 20 on the arc trainer. I need to make sure to leave here right at 4 or a bit before so I acn get the work out done before I pick up G by 5:30.

I'm sorry for not replying to everyone, I've got a TON of work to do. Will try to get back on here and do it later today or tonight.

Cheers!:drinker:
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sorry been silent for a bit. Though need some support.

Some days are hard.. I woke up with the news of a close family friend leaving this world after suffering a lot due to cancer!!! Then within the hour received a telephone screen from a company I would love to work for! I am not sure I should be sad or happy!!!! Of course I turned & had some comfort food... 1/2 c basmati rice & kidney beans.. so unlike me to crave that first thing in the morning!!! Am still weirded out. Hope I can make it through the day without mishaps.:-( Am definitely feeling unstable.

Take care, suzie
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend. Isn't it a blessing you received that phone call when you did? The day my grandma died a couple weeks ago I found out my best friend was having girl. I cried for both reasons. Hang in there and remember that you could have eaten WAY worse. Go for a walk or something if you can to get away from the food. And don't beat yourself up too hard about things like this. Life gets in the way sometimes. The point is to acknowledge and the next meal or day do better. Which you are! Don't be so hard on yourself girl!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Kmturtle- I love me some Tosh and some Michael Symon, YUMMM! And good for you checking up on the menu before you go to the restaurant!!!

Karen Michelle- I am totally a stress eater as well! Don't get discouraged hun, just focus on the day to day..if you mess up, tomorrow is a brand new day.

Sarah and Suzie- I am so sorry to hear the bad news from both of you. I lost someone today and to read that both of you are going through similar situations as well...well it really hit home for me. He was my Dad's best friend and was more like an uncle to me..he had been on life support for awhile now, my Dad called me to tell me that he was taken off of it this morning and passed around 11am. I am having a really hard time with it...and still don't think that it has quite hit me yet. It's sad when we lose people, and we should allow ourselves to mourn and to release that pain because that is the healthy thing to do. We thing need to focus on all of the positive things, It is easy to think about death as being negative..but think about the suffering that they no longer have to endure..concentrate on the great memories that you have of them and hold on to that forever.

Other than my day today..which I am still trying to sort out, I came home and exercised with my wii active and it really did make me feel better. This is the 3rd day in a row, of my 30 day challenge..Tomorrow is a rest day so thank goodness I need it, I am sore and need to go out and spend time with my boyfriend to get my mind off of things.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi just a quicky before I run out the door to say I am on track. Oh heavens in chalean kicking my butt! The muscled is my behind have me complaining every time I get up or down. Have a great night!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    a lot of the p90x workouts make me fart. and that makes me laugh and that makes me lose focus and fall out of whatever pose I'm doing.

I did Stretch X tonight for the first time. A lot of the poses also make me think dirty thoughts....downward dog.....frog....cat pose...dangit I need Taylor around more.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today... still sad and worried, but I put in a longer day at work and that was both distracting and meant that I got a lot of stuff done. The thought of being out of work for more than a day or two kind of stresses me out because I'm covering off a lot of duties right now and only some of them will get taken care of (on an emergency basis) while I'm out. No news yet other than my brother deciding to find out if I knew about the severity of Grandpa's illness via text message. I appreciate the sentiment. Not so much the medium, heh.

I managed to explode my work computer today. That was pretty impressive. One minute I was working, the next my computer turned itself off and smelled like fried electronics. We figure it's the power supply. Fortunately (sort of) an employee with a better computer than mine quit yesterday. So I get his computer, at least temporarily. I told one of my bosses that I don't want to give it back to the pool when my computer is repaired.

Chris made a yummy pita filling tonight. A bit high calorie, but super yummy and it fit in my allowance. He chopped avocado, celery, 3 kinds of cheese, tomato, chicken, and some spices together, stuffed the pita, and then broiled for 3-5 minutes. Delish! Of course now I am so full I can barely move.