200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• jamielr84
    jamielr84 Posts: 545
    Options
    Kristina - No worries. I wouldn't want to be in charge of keeping track, but you do a pretty darn good job of it.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    i just broke up with taylor.

today is my dads birthday so we're all going over there so at least i won't be alone but there will be cake.....and lots of food.
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hey girls just a quick check. i am at 238 this week for a loss of 1 pound
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kendal - I'm sorry girl! What happened...if you don't mind my asking. Go be with your fam, it will help.

Amber - yeay!!
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hey girls just a quick check. i am at 238 this week for a loss of 1 pound
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Just a quick howdy! On track and all is well. have a great night!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- Whoa! What happened? If you want to talk about, we're here for you!!

I went to my training orientation group. I'm definitely the biggest there, and about half the group have run halfs before and half are novices to the race. The default training plan has running 5 times a week, and 2 rest days, but the trainer will tailor to what works best for you. I'm going to see if she can work in a cross training day, so I'm only running 4/week. That's still one day more than I have been in the past, but I'd like to up the days a week I'm running. Tomorrow is a group run in town, that is hills, so that'll be interesting. All the runs this week are 4 miles and then they start increasing. Will keep you all in the loop with how it's going!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    AND here's this week's chart:

Name/Starting Challenge Weight/Last Week's Weight/This week's weight (lb difference)(%difference)
    Kristina / 182.4 / 180.6 / PASS
    Victoria / 192 / 190 / 192 (+2)
    Kendal / 217.6 / PASS / 217.2 (-3.8)(1.72%) -- took the difference from your last weigh in 2 weeks ago
    Lacey / 206.6 / PASS / 207.8(+1.2) -- took the difference from your last weigh in 2 weeks ago
    Kim / 196.5 / 193.0 / ?
    Amy / 211.2 / 209.2 / 208.2 (-1.0) (0.48%)
    Karen / 255 / 254.5 / 259 (+5.5)
    Sarathes / 241 / 237.2 / 235.6 (-1.6)(0.67%)
    blessedmommy2 / 231 / 221.0 / 221.0 (0)
    wichelle / 218 / 218.5 / 217.5 (-1.0)(0.46%)
    jamielr84 / 247 / 242 / 240 (-2.0)(0.83%)
    ct1986 / 217 / 217.2 / 214 (-3.2)(1.47%)
    suzieqdiva / 191 / 186.8 / 186.8 (0)
    Amber / 237.5 / 239 / 238 (-1.0)(0.42%)
    Noelle / 213 / 209 / 205 (-4.0)(1.91%)
    Bethany / 189 / 189 / ?
    andreasoulcastle / 260 / 255 (-5.0)(1.92%)
    kmturtle3 / 225.1 / 222.2 (-2.9)(1.29%)

SOOO... this week's winner, with the most weight loss (5 POUNDS!!) and the highest percentage (1.92%) is andreasoulcastle! :flowerforyou: WOO WOO!

Also, a honorable mention because she was 0.01% behind 1st place is Noelle with a 4 pound loss and a 1.91% loss!

So proud of everyone. Yay team!! *twirls*
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Kendal, I am sorry you are going through a hard time... I know I am a new face but I promise I am a good listener :flowerforyou:

Hey girls, sorry haven't logged..weekends are usually hard for me, I become the hulk...no the hulk is angry...I become the cookie monster!! ughh. Thanks for the shout out it is the most weight I have lost at one weigh in before, not sure if it is too fast or not but I have not been starving myself so it shouldn't be that bad! Trying to get back on track for the week and REALLY need to work on controlling myself through weekends, so many temptations and so much free time. I actually went out and got Just Dance 2, and couldn't stop, didn't do the active but am planning on doing it tomorrow.

Props Amber on the pound loss!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Andrea: Weekends are tough for everyone around here. I still haven't quite figured out how to drag the structured eating program I have all week over into the weekend.

Kristina: That running group sounds cool. I bet that's just what you need to get ready for your half. With that an Insanity, you will be a fit-machine!!!

WIChelle: Howdy back at ya!

Amber: Great loss!

jamielr84: Great loss this week!

Kendal: OMG! I'm sorry. If you wanna share...we're here for you. If not, we're sending hugs your way either way.

suzie: I'm sorry for your loss and for not being able to celebrate your mom's birthday the way you wanted. It's good that you'll get to do it this next weekend.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Lacey: Somehow I totally missed you. I think your plan for the next two weeks is good. Don't freak out if you can't log everything but definitely make sure that you get your exercise in. It will lower stress and make you feel less frazzled with all the work craziness.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Laceylala - have great 2 weeks. Good luck & I like your decision about your not beating yourself about stuff:-)

KendalBeee - I am sorry to hear that. Anything I can help. I am here for you. Your pics look great!

akasullengal - good work with the training:-) Seems like you will be busy.

Great work all of you!!! Awesome achievements this week:-) andreasoulcastle & Noelle great work!!!!

anvy1221 - you are funny!

akasullengal - thanks for this again:-)

Have a great week all:-) Hugs & good work.

:heart: Suzie
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kristina - that's so cool about the running club.

I'm just exhausted today and decided to skip the 2 mile run. I may do it late this evening when I get home at 8 tonight... Then again maybe not. The kids that I threw the birthday party for Friday are interested in running and the foster mom is very active. She practically begged me to let them all go with me even with the snow. If we have a nice weekend day, I thought we'd try it. The 12 year old boy is the most excited and I'm sure he could do 5 miles - he runs on the basketball court for 2 hours and isn't tired. Alma (the foster mom) said if they couldn't keep up, she'd just walk with the 14 yr old girl. By the way, the kids told me I'm older than dirt (*sighs*). To be young and clueless. Coming here was a great experience for them - much talk on how getting good grades and going to college will get them more of the things they want in life. I just can't imagine how screwed up their lives are to be in foster care. They go every weekend to see their mom but cant spend the night. It's nice to be a role model.

As for me, I need to learn to say no. But I've already got 2 more clients having carpel tunnel surgery next week. Winter is normally my slow time but I've got 18 clients... and over 40 visits scheduled this week. I've already quit 90% of my advertising and still clients are pouring in. Word of mouth is my #1 referral. I stopped in at a local church to get the homemade cherry pie (a client was making them as a fund raiser - how could I say no???) I knew 3 people in there and they started telling everyone about me and what I'd done for them. Small towns can be good for something.

Kendal - sorry to hear about Taylor. Hope things work out for the best. (((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))))

Great job everyone else. I'm out of time again. Enjoy your Tuesday...
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Thanks for the concern ladies. It was my choice, even if it was a tough one. Taylor is a good guy, I'm just not IN LOVE with him, ya know? I enjoy spending time with him, but I couldn't see myself marrying him. He was shocked, deflated, hurt......he was teary eyed and that made me cry, though thankfully I held back the tears till after he left.

sorry I don't have time to reply to everyone's posts, I have to get ready for my free Bojangles breakfast
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- I understand your decision. I'm sure it was a hard one. If you want to talk more about it, we're here for you. Enjoy your Bojangles... just not too much!

Victoria- don't overdo it at work! you're going to burn out, lady! I hope you get your 2 miler in today. It might help with destressing and you'll feel better after doing so.

On my default training schedule, today is a 4 mile run, but we have a group hill workout tonight. I'm not clear if the hill workout is supposed to replace the 4 miles or supplement it, so I think I might try for the 4 miles this afternoon and then do the hills tonight. I'm working from home today, which'll allow me a break this afternoon to go run. I'll take Emma with me. 4 miles will be her longest yet.

I'm pretty excited about the group. I really hope it's a good fit for me. Everyone seems nice so far, and I think it'll be great to have buddies to run with. My friend did a running group when she ran her first half in Cincy, and she thought it was a great way to meet people and work out. In fact, one of her training mates ended up moving out to Colorado with her, and they're roomies! You never know what'll happen!

So, even though there's a default training plan, the trainer will customize it for yourself. I think what I'm going to do is ask for one of the running days to be a cross training day. Right now, running days are Tues, Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun, with Mon/Fri being rest days. I do want to increase the amount of days I'm running, but I think 4 is a good compromise, and I'll maybe crosstrain on Wednesdays only. Plus, I've got insanity coming (according to ups, it's out for delivery!), and I don't want to double up every day. It would be one tired Kristina!

Will let you know how the hills go tonight. We're running with the group that has been training since January, which are mostly marathoners, so I'll be at the end of the pack, I'm sure, but I'll try and take it in stride. Someone has to be at the rear! As long as I'm moving and people are supportive, that's all I care about.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kristina that is super exciting!!! Have fun with your group. I need to do something like that...would help me be more social.

Kendal - props to you for knowing it was the best thing for you by moving on even though its nice to have him around.

Victoria - wow you have a lot on your plate!!!

Suzie - my smoothies are super good, you should try them!! They fill me up until about 11:30 or so. I keep seeing you post that on my homepage and kept forgetting to respond!

Well I logged all my food AND exercised for about 60 minutes last night. Logging food on my iphone seems so much easier than on the computer. I really have no excuses to not do it and realized last night that I am just falling into those same behavior patterns that got me to this weight in the first place so STOP and get to logging! I also heard on a show "too fat for 15" this quote by one of the PT"s about not turning a temporary lapse into a full blown relapse and it hit home with me.
  • noelle55165
    noelle55165 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "My name is Noelle and I am a Stress Eater!"

"Hi Noelle"

Sometimes it's the little things. Or like yesterday I slipped down the stairs and bruised my bum. Stress

Over indulged with my favorite soda. I managed to stay close to my cals but only because I had fresh fruit and veg to munch on all night.

Thanks for the nod for the week results.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    KendalBeee - brave women.. but a wise one. I commend your decision & we are all here for you:-)

pinbotchick - I love the fact that you are so busy that you had to pull back ads & people still are advertising for you... speaks so much of what value you bring to their lives:-) How precious to be able to be an instrument.. though you are right you need to make sure you take good care of your self & balance & say "no" when you need to.

akasullengal - seems like a great set of people.. and you have a great attitude.. keep us posted.... way to go girl:-)

Laceylala - you are doing great. I will be trying one of your shakes soon.

Noelle - you are doing soo well... we all give in to stuff sometimes & stress is a hard one, but I feel we have such a great set of people on MFP supporting us, that it feels logical to start the next day afresh & get back on track.!

I did get back on track yesterday after my oh sooo bad weekend! I even did a 60 min treadmill stint.. which is a first for me. I will gradually bring in strength training etc.... but slowly & steadily:-)

I am getting a bit stressed today... caz I have a follow up phone interview to the phone screen I had the other day.. hope all goes well:-) yikes:-(

Have a fabulous day gals!!!! Take care

:heart: Suzie
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hi Noelle. My name is Kendal and I'm an "eat when I'm bored" eater. I'm also an "I have to eat it cause its in the house" Eater.

I had a sausage biscuit and a "BoBerry" biscuit (its kinda like a blueberry pancake but its a blueberry biscuit with icing). Together those were 570 cals and only 12 grams of protein. Mainly straight bread. Not sure if it's cause I ate crappy food for breakfast or I just don't have an appetite today, but its 1pm and I just now ate my usual "morning snack" food. Yogurt and string cheese.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- BoBerry biscuits were always my fav. I didn't go very regularly though... not a very vegetarian friendly place!

Suzie- great that you're back on track. 60 min on the treadmill is impressive! Keep it up!

Noelle- I can be a stress eater at times as well, though I think I'm with Kendal in that I'm more of a bored eater than a stress eater. Or am a mindless eater, and i'm not even paying attention to what's going in!

Lacey- woo for logging everything in. It makes a major difference, right? I don't know why I ever lapse, because that's when I start to fall off the wagon EVERY time, and even after over a year at this, it's so easy to fall back into old habits. Keep up with the logging, lady!!

Did a lunch run with Emma this afternoon... just over 4 miles (what was on my schedule for today) at just under a 12min/mile pace. Going to have to work on getting my speed up, which I know when I'm running more consistently, it'll happen. Emma was very well behaved overall on the run, and she's crashed on the couch next to me at the moment. Adorable! I've got the hill workout tonight. Insanity was delivered! I think I might try the fit test tonight as it should be very long, and then will do the first workout tomorrow (won't run tomorrow). I'm nervous!! Also, need to break down and step on the scale (it'll be ugly), measure (also ugly), and take pictures (hella ugly), so I have befores of doing the program. Will do so tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it goes!

Going grocery shopping on my way home from the group run and picking up ingredients to make a curried lentil soup I made a few weeks ago that I liked and some fixin's for salads, which I need to start either bringing to work for lunch, or eating for dinner. Gotta have those veggies!