200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I end up taking the whole day off exercise and am over by 54 Calder. Not bad. Tomorrow morning I'll get up and do the 30 day shred DVD and then do a 40 minute cardio gym after work.

So I got the new iPhone today on verizon and LOVE the MFP app, but I don't see where you can post or read the threads. Am I missing it?
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Lacey - I use the MFP app for logging food and exercise. I keep a window open in Safari with the MFP website to get the groups. That's why it's so hard to post and respond to everyone by iPhone but at least you can read the messages...
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust all around for food and exercise. I procrastinated so long that I only managed a 1 mile run. I need to get off my duff and make the miles up today. Bookclub (ie - great snacks) was last night and I over ate there... Lack of exercise and work combined for only 2200 cal burn and I logged 2170 before bookclub - *facepalms self*...today is a new day and it has to be better. I think PMS munchies kicked in yesterday. Fish, Fish, Fish - I'm prepping myself for a low cal dinner to make up for yesterday. Come on self - get out of this vacation minded rut and get back on track!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. I'll catch you tomorrow...
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Howdy! just a quick post for accountability as I need to get my butt to work! I got a bit off kilter last night after the inlaws dropped off tons of candy. I got high bg out of it and a gut ache. Right back on track today! Got 30 min of circuit training in bright and early!

Sorry no personals. I'll pop in tonight when I have more time :) Have a terrific day!!!!!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I found an old picture while going through my iPhoto library and I COULD NOT believe that was me!! Gabriel actually asked WHO it was when he saw the picture and when I told him if it was me, he asked if it was from before he was born. Actually, before he was born, I was quite svelte and this picture was taken at my absolute highest weight ever 245 in Dec 2008 (two weeks before I went to the hospital and nearly died of blood clots in my lungs). It's nice to see how far I've come since then.

DSCF0024.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg

WIChelle & Victoria: *cracks whip* Get back on track ladies!!!

sarahthes: I hope you got some sleep last night. I am a terrible biznatch when I don't get enough sleep and I HATE the sleep deprivation headache. mmmm....fresh bread...my ultimate weakness, glad I'm not at your house :happy:

EDIT: The pic wouldn't show up the first time, trying again. Oh for crap's sake - first it was HUGE and now it's super-tiny...I'll work on it some more...grr...Couldn't get the side-by-side to work, we'll try just posting the 2 pics.
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Amy - I'm speechless!!! WOWSA - you have come so far and look great. I really like you new blue coat. I wouldn't have recognized you in the older picture. Congrats on such a great job.

Well, I just wasn't feeling it again today so I only ran a mile. I've still got 1 more to make up tomorrow. I needed that whip crack before I got off the treadmill. Spring fever is hitting and I just want to be outside not in on Mr. Tready. Oh well - time to get ready for work (boo, hiss).
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Morning all! I am so excited it is so nice outside today. I hope it stays this way and doesn't start raining by the time I get off work because I want to run outside so bad today!!

Anvy1221 - Awesome! Your pictures are very inspiring!
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Amy- Congratulations on your success! The pictures show a great transformation and are very inspiring.

I haven't logged my food for a few days and I'm sure I went over, but I'm back at it again today.

Hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Well getting up at 5am in the morning has fizzled. Its hard. I will be happy if I can do once or twice a week as an extra boost. If not, thats cool too because I know I will get the work out in at the gym at night anyways. And I have to remember that wheN I get in my downer moods, which seems to be every couple of weeks, to get up and get some happy endoprhins going. Its really helped me be happier this week even with just the two days I got up and did it.

I will try to do some more running tonight. My right knee still feels uncomfortable but I can't tell if its pain or soreness from a muscle thats never properly been used. What is about knees that are so unique that way. The first sign of anything and we back off. I am going to try it and see how it goes. I want to make good use of those shoes!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    OH OH OH!!! ANd I jumped on the scale this morning to torture myself...I haven't weighed in maybe twoish weeks, and I've lost a pound! Down to 205.6! YEAY! I might weigh on Monday morning and see how it goes then too since I'll have had a day off Sunday from working out.

A mid week weigh in showing a loss! It was some good news!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all! The scale was moving in the correct direction this morning... 181.6 from 183.0 yesterday. Granted, it's just a day and there's always movement. Just glad not to see it in the opposite direction.

Ran basically 2.5 miles with Emma yesterday.. kept up my 11:20ish pace, which I'm pretty stocked with. I tell you, I can feel the difference in how tired I am in the morning. I now remember why I was almost always in bed by 10pm when I was training for the half-marathon. My legs are a bit more achy today, so I might do a walk and not a run this evening, but we'll see.

Food.. well, I had a minor incident at lunch with some chips. More specifically Cape Cod reduced fat salt & vinegar chips. Problem 1: I ate them Problem 2: I ate more than a serving Problem 3: I didn't count, so I can only estimate how much I ate. Bad Kristina Bad! Had a salad from the local salad bar, which I ended up not eating all of, because the spring mix, was actually an herb salad, and the taste of dill and cilantro completely overpowered all the tastes. Blech! Plan on finishing up my leftover veggies and brown rice for dinner tonight, and will get ALL my water in!

Remember gals.... this is mostly for the newbies-- weigh ins for the week start tomorrow morning! I haven't decided if I'm going to switch back to Friday weigh-ins for this challenge or stick with Monday mornings. It really didn't work at holding me accountable over the weekends last time. Hrm.

Sarahthes- hope you slept better last night. Yay for a pound lost!

Lacey- the iphone app has gotten much better as time has gone on. I do hate that the communities aren't a feature on it. you can really only use it for logging and updating your "wall". I'm hoping in future versions, they'll have a community feature, because it would be easier for me when I travel. Woo for the weight loss. You're getting so close to ONEderland! Eee!

Victoria- eep for a bad eating/exercise day! As long as it's a blip, it's okay. Be extra good today!! *whips* how's the weather been up there? The past couple of days have been great for running here. Of course all the snow is slowly melting, making for a very wet and puddly run. Poor Emma has to be toweled down hard whenever we get back.

wichelle- the candy feels good when eating, but the guilt you have afterwards is not worth it!!

Amy- holy crap girl!!! what a loss- you can totally tell!

jamie- here's hoping the weather holds out and you're able to run! It's been so nice being able to do so outside in sort of regular jogging clothes. I even wore my tights that only go right below my knees yesterday with a long sleeve tee and it was perfect!

Karen- you did SO well last challenge. You know logging works. Get back to it! *cracks whip*
  • akasullengal
    Options
    bump! where my girls at?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Oh gals - D@mn DH and insisting we go out esp when I work late and don't want to cook... At least we shared a BLT with chips. But it still put me over on cal.... (*sighs*).....

Kristina - I'm so happy that Emma likes to run...
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy WOW what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria I'm over on cals today becauseI had ice-cream. It happens.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    I'm down to 209.4 today!!!! Yay! That's a 1.8 loss but, more importantly, it puts 200 within my sights! I got up and did some AM yoga and I have to do YogaX later on. Happy Friday gals!

Lacey: But was it GOOD ice cream? If yes, I say it was totally worth it! Also, congrats on being down a pound - you're doing great!

Victoria: I really love me some BLT's. Shake it off, you're doing great!

Kristina: Yay for the scale moving in the right direction. I like weighing in on Friday as I know I'm going to go over with sodium or something on the weekends but nothing really enough to stall my weight loss only enough to make a Monday morning weigh in a personal hell. It also gives me motivation to eat right over the weekend when I see a nice loss on Friday. (and I'm sooo motivated today!!!)
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! I weighed in at 254.5, so I lost half a pound. It's better than nothing!

This weekend I have got to get back to exercising! I have slacked off!

Congratulations on your loss Amy!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Hi gang!!! I'm officially down to 191 which is down 1 from Monday. it's not much to brag about since I was 189 before Vegas.

Congrats on your Losses Amy and Karen!!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Amy- EEEE! You hit below 210! Just one week after your goal for your last challenge. Miss superstar!! Less than 10 to go until ONEderland. I'm so happy for you!

Karen- considering how much weight you dropped last challenge, the half a pound ain't shabby! Keep up the work and the pounds will continue to come off. Congrats!!

Victoria- woot for a pound down! You'll get back to pre-Vegas weight in no time--- stay away from the BLTS girl.

My weight was pretty much the same this morning, so I'm going to hold off until Monday probably... we'll see.

Got a fair bit of walking in yesterday. Two walks with Emma (no run yesterday), and another relatively long walk mid-day walking around town to get to a training.

I was not feeling getting up this morning. just wanted to sleep in. My only comfort was the new radiohead album was released a day early and a thoroughly enjoyed listening to it on my walk this morning, and will continue to jam out to it all day. I'm thinking it might be another running day for my evening time with Emma. We'll see.

My goal this weekend is to stay within 100-200 calories of my calorie target (depending on exercise). They've been my downfall the past several weeks, so I need to keep myself in line. I think if I do so, it should bode well for a good weigh in on Monday.
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Kristina: I am soooo stoked to be getting so close to ONEderland!!! It is really helping me to stay focused! Yay for new tunes. Music really helps me stay motivated when I do exercise. I actually DID sleep in this morning. The Hubbs spent most of last night channeling a chainsaw or something and it kept me awake most of the night (he said he was having sinus problems but I have NEVER heard him snore like that in 10 years!). I didn't get up until 9 am. :embarassed:

Karen: Way to go on your weight loss. A half pound is not bad at all. :flowerforyou:

Victoria: You'll be back at your pre-vacation weight lickety split! Congrats on the pound loss! :flowerforyou:

Well, I did my AM Yoga with the Hubbs (he had a day off today - LUCKY) and then I was playing around with Gabe in the kitchen (with a football - I know...I know...no balls in the house...). Everything was just fine until somehow I managed to get my feet caught up with his while I was in motion (something like a tackle - again...I KNOW...no roughhousing in the kitchen) and I started falling forward towards Gabe. Well, Gabe weighs about 60 pounds and is a helluva lot smaller than me so I managed to alter the course of my fall so I didn't fall directly on top of him but this course altering decision also caused me to smack down on the tile floor (not linoleum, BTW) directly on both knees and the palms of both hands. It hurt SOOOO bad but it happened so fast that I was laying on the floor laughing a minute before i realized how bad it hurt and started crying. Now my knees are already bruising and I had to alter my YogaX to not do anything like cat stretch or anything that puts pressure on my knees. My lesson is learned: No balls and /or roughhousing in the kitchen. I think my mom told me something like that when I was 7 or so - pity I never actually learned it.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Congrats to everyone that is so close to onederland!! I still have a while to go, but I think I may hit my 20lbs lost mark this week. My official weigh in day is on Sunday, so we will see!
    And I totally overestimated running outside! It was horrible! The weather was warm enough, but it was VERY windy. I think when I started out, I started at a much faster pace than I was used to. I was dying by the end of it! I did finish the whole thing though...barely. I will say the time seemed to go by much faster. The view outside was much nicer too compared to my bedroom wall that I have to look at while I am on the treadmill.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I usually don't get on here except to log food on the weekends. I will post my weight Monday morning.