200+ Slimmin' Down in Spring!

Options

Replies

• akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies.. just a quick check in. Just when I was getting used to the grass and the nice weather, it's snowing outside. hard. Looks to be 3-4 inches already outside and it's supposed to change over to ice. Ugh. Took Emma for a short walk in it, and it was just a mess to wade through.

Victoria, I ended up not hitting up DSW. I might tomorrow though. The Borders in that area is one of the ones that is closing, and when I went to PetCo yesterday, I went in, and my lord! I have never seen a line like that to check out. Books are only 20-40% off list price, which is pretty much just approaching their normal deals or amazon territory, but I heard the line to check out was over 2 hours. Geez!-- and this is a book *kitten* talking!

Also, a reminder to the group, especially all our new friends... weigh ins need to be in by tomorrow morning, as I'd like to post the updated weigh-in list and announce the first week's biggest loser later tomorrow.

These are the people who still haven't posted. This is my one gentle nudge:
    Kendal
    Lacey (I know you're a monday morning gal though)
    Kim
    Amber
    Bethany
    Debra
    officernice
    nowic
    jamielr84
    ct1986
    startingoverca
    myatac428
    suzieqdiva
    peterscr7

Get those check-ins in!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm pleased to be a federal employee, as I get tomorrow off! *twirls*
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    First drooling over the Emma and now drooling over a day off - paid!!! Kristina - you have a blessed life. I say this as I realize my life is blessed - I just spent a week in Vegas and DH took hot tub covers on/off for me since I made fresh juice 4 times in the last 3 days... Fri - apple/carrot/grape/spinach then strawberry/grape/apple.. Sat orange juice... Sunday Kiwi/grape... Thinking about orange juice again tonight. If DH keeps doing the hot tub covers, I'll keep juicing... We have a Breville juicer. We used to have a Champion juicer. The Champion was easier to clean and separated the juice from the the pulp better but didn't last long (5 years)... I like that the Breville takes a whole apple. We've had it for about a year. I just throw stuff into it and drink... if it tastes bad, I remember what not to do in the future....
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy - WOW that sucks about the dog doo. I can feel yah on that one. One time when I lived in Portland and was renting this nice brand new apartment with cream carpet...came home from work and my dog Vinny had had squirt diarrhea all over the carpet. Like in ten places at least. It was horrible. And I ended up having to replace the carpet whenKr I moved out..could never quite get the stains out.
    I know what you mean too about the pms getting worse as I get older too. The past couple of days I've been unbelievably sensitive to the point of either freaking out of bawling over the dumbest stuff..it seems like an every other period type of thing and is highly annoying.

Kristina - I could never stand in line for 2 hours for anything I don't think.

Victoria - yeay for juicing!!

I will weigh in the morning and decide if I want to keep my Wednesday weigh in or not. :smile:
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I am going to be weighing in tomorrow morning:-)

BTW.. about the PMS thing.... do you gals have a lot of cramps & pain.. is that what is worsening the moodiness??? The reason I ask caz I till recently was at a point where if I was not drugged I would be doubled over in fetal position on the floor with my eyes bawling out.... I have learnt of something that works & can share if the interest is there:-) Caz it is a long story & do not want to take up time if not an issue.

See ya tomorrow:-)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey I'll post more tomorrow but just wanted to let you know Fridays weigh in and let u know I'm still here reading your posts just haven't had much time to post. I weighed in at 194.5 this week down from 196.5 last week for a 2 lb loss. My week went pretty good and so far my weekend has followed suit. I know some of you are still waiting for that link but I will have to go to my computer to find it since the post I got it from I can't seem to find but it should be in my history which I'll check tomorrow. Looks like there were some great losses this week way to go! Talk to you some more tomorrow. Keep up all the hard work!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Monday - YUCK!!!! All the grass is gone and it's 9 friggin' degrees out. I want spring!!! Still feeling blah but I moved around enough to burn 2446 cal yesterday. Sorry for complaining but I'm feeling like crap with swelling (yeah I know I ate for crude over the weekend and it shows as the scale is up to 194!!!) I'm sticking with the 191 from Friday. TOM due on Wed and I feel it. I hate sausage fingers. At least my cramps aren't as bad as some of you describe... I'm off to start my wonderful day...

Hope you all survived the weekend!!! Good luck if you're weighing in today!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Make room for one more cause I'm back on the wagon! :smile: My goal today is to log everything and do P90X. I'm literally taking this one day at a time right now. I should have weighed this morning but I forgot. I did hop on the scale yesterday. 221.0 :frown: :embarassed: Can't believe I got up that high again although it COULD be sodium as I had Papa Johns pizza the night before. I'll weigh in tomorrow to get a true start weight.

With P90X I'll only have time for one other activity after work and I'm not sure if I should go to the grocery store or go get my taxes done.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone.....I still have a LOT of catching up to do.
  • suzieqdiva
    Options
    Hi Gals,

So, m first weigh in since I joined. Lost 1.1 lbs.:smile:

I wanted to loose more:sad: But I will do the "take it one day at a time" attitude. Will continue working my diet everyday & bringing in as many 30 min walks to my week as I can. Remember I am the one that HATES working out. :devil:

I know if I had not joined here I would not have achieved this either. So actually.. I will say YAY!!!!!:smile:

Thank you soo much for all the support.
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kendal: Welcome back on the wagon! I bet that 221 is not an accurate weight for you - you haven't been off the wagon for very long. Give it a couple of days of hydrating and eating right and I bet it jumps back down. I say you should get your taxes done if you think you have a refund coming your way. We got our refund really fast and it made me happy.

Victoria: I had to friggin' shovel snow again this morning so I feel you on being ready for winter to be over. Good job getting your burn on yesterday.

suzie: I am always interested in way to reduce cramping. Most of my PMS issues are being a raging biznatch but part of it is due to cramps.

Lacey: Dogs and carpet don't go together very well. That's why I was happy about the tile floors in my current house. Of course she managed to aim for my only area rug. We got it all up though - thank goodness for our bissell steam cleaner.

I almost started my day off as I did the rest of the weekend - doing not a danged thing. But then I pulled my head out and did a bit of yoga and even got back in to my P90X legs & back workout. I feel a lot less like a slug now that I've gotten back in gear. I hope everyone is having a great day.
  • suzieqdiva
    Options
    Forgot. - I am at 189.9 lbs for today.

PMS - I will keep it simple:

Some background: Even though I am from India, I have grown up in different parts of the world, have an engineering background & am always looking for scientific facts to back all I learn. So have a very western outlook on things.

Issue: Extreme cramping during PMS, so that I had to pre-medicate myself with Motrin even before my PMS cycle started, else I would be on the floor in a fetal position, holding my stomach & crying my heart out in pain!

But other health issues that the regular Dr's could not solve for 2+yrs made me turn to Ayurveda http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda

The Ayurvedic Dr diagnosed the problem & made 2 observations:

1) An average adult does not need to consume dairy for calcium intake. The Calcium required can be absorbed by a regular healthy diet.

2) Non-organic Dairy has too many hormones in them. The cows are injected with hormones to produce milk. Even tho we do not see the plasma molecules, they are there & get transported to our bodies, thus messing with our system.

They recommended that I go dairy free for a few months & see how it works.

I of course rolled my eyes & thought that they were definitely on drugs:-( But since I had no way out of my current predicament, decided to give it a try & go for it.

Result: 2 months later... the initial pain being highest at 150%.. now down to 15%. I can easily manage the little discomfort I feel with out motrin & if I need to I can JUST take a 200 mg motrin tab for comfort:smile: but now it is optional!

I have replaced daily with soy & almond milk, do dairy rarely caz it messes with my sinus anyways & make sure I eat enough vegetables & fruit & take a daily supplement! In all my adult life I have NEVER glided through my periods & am now blessing their souls every month:-)

My mom has Osteoporosis... so I do understand the issues involving calcium.. though feel that a great amount can be achieved by the strength training you gals are already doing.

I was a skeptic & understand if you are too. but if it is painful enough.. why not give it a try?:-)

I hope this helps.

Have a GREAT week Chicas,

:heart: Suzie
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I'm down to 180.6 this morning. That's 1.8 down, which is right on track of where I need to be if I want to reach my weight goal for this challenge. Still 5 pounds higher than my lowest, but I'll get back there!

I'm so glad today was a holiday, as I just spend an hour shoveling snow, and I'm glad I then didn't have to hop in the car and go to work. We were only supposed to get up to 3 inches of snow, but we got 9. Pretty crazy, eh? i miss the grass already!

Amy- it's amazing what a mess dog's can make. I'm thankful for having mostly hardwood. Though, it was funny that when Emma threw up a few days ago, she managed to do so on my small rug. Nice, eh? FIgures.

Suzie- I get some pain. If I take painkillers prior to the pain starting, I'm okay, but if I don't get them down, I'm pretty miserable. I always am up a few pounds, and I get moody the couple of days preceding and the first days of TOM. And nice weight loss!! I know you want to lose more... but in reality, that's a healthy amount of lose. You'll be thankful in the long run when you keep it off!!

Kim- nice job on the loss! thanks for checking in! we miss you!

Kendal- just hop back on that wagon! I'm sure it's not all weight you've really gained, and most will come off quickly, but I"m certainly telling you... it takes like no time to gain back weight you've lost. you've got to be pretty vigilant. log everything!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    OMG they finally gave me the raise for switching jobs!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR OVER A YEAR!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! ITS A GOOD DAY!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Suzie - good info on the tom situations. DO you have any suggestions for complete *kitten* mode?? Mine is more emotional. Like sometimes I get depressed and want to crawl in a hole and stay there for days.
    1.1 lbs loss is fantastic, I rarely lose that in a weeks time. I think I am averaging .5ish if that. Taking it day by day and staying away from the scale is good idea. Also, I bet the more you exercise the more you like it. I find it is the one time of day where I get to completely zone out and be alone.

Kristina - good job on the loss and getting back on track.

Amy - yeay for exercising even when you don't want to.

Victoria - you can do it!! Good job moving around.

Kendal - can you make it one more day with the food you have and are they healthy? Glad to have you back girlie!

Today I go to REI to get my running socks and my sacone white running jacket I bought off REI outlet store. Yeay! I think my goals for the week are to do cardio/weights Mon/Wed/Fri and Cardio running/walking Tues/Thurs. OH, I won't be working out Friday or Saturday. My BFF is coming into town. Yeay! That means I'd better get my gym swerve on in the next four days.

Right now I'm still just running maybe 1-2 minutes at a time. I need to start pushing through the heavy breathing and my heart racing a bit here and there, and I'm glad I have time to do it. I'm not following any running plan like c25k. I figure I can start that in June if I'm not to that point just yet. I'm just happy to have found shoes that allows me to do it.
    Tonight I don't know that I will do any running on the tready...I did some outdoor R/W yesterday and my my calves and shins are a bit twingy. I think i will try and see how it goes.

Oh, I'm sticking with 205.6 for weigh in. I was at 206 this morning, not surprising...TOM is here.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    OMG they finally gave me the raise for switching jobs!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR OVER A YEAR!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! ITS A GOOD DAY!

YEAYEYEAYEYEYAEYEYEYEAAAAAA!!!:drinker:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- That's fabulous news!!! So happy for you! *twirls* I know that raise will certainly help your situation! I'm waiting for mine as well. They're dragging their booties... then again, that's the government. It's gotten to the point now that if something doesn't happy very soon, I'm going to ask to get put on the university side. I'll lose my sweet federal holidays and the pays a wee bit higher, but retirement kicks butt, I get more vacation time, and benefits cost less on the U side, and it shouldn't take long to get appointed over there, so we'll see. Show me the money!

Lacey- with TOM coming, one pound loss ain't shabby! Happy shopping today and good luck with your working out goals this week. you can do it girl!!

ETA: Also, last call for weigh ins. Several newbies (and some oldies) haven't weighed in and I'm posting numbers this evening.
  • jamielr84
    Options
    I lost 5lbs this week! I hit my 20lb loss and am actually down 21lbs since I started. I don't have time to post much because I have a screaming sick 20 month old, but I wanted to post my loss for this week.
    Have a great day everyone!

Oh my starting weight for this challenge was 247 and I am at 242 now.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I'm down another pound! Woohoo! TOM is pretty much done so I suspect it's water coming off, but I'll take it! I weighed using both old scale and new scale today and they were less than 1 lb apart, so future weighings will be using my new scale.

Today is a stat holiday here in Alberta which is awesome. Chris and I might head down to the artsy/night-club/cute shops district later if it warms up enough--it's currently around -18C but is supposed to get up to about -5C. If it does we're going walking and shopping.
  • suzieqdiva
    Options
    pinbotchick - love your juicing idea:-)

KendelBee - one day at a time & you will do well:-) Congrats on the raise!!!! Yay:-)

anvy1221 & Laceylala - *kitten* mode!!!! Sorry... I can't help you there as I think I was born with a *kitten* gene:-) My parents fault:laugh:

Tom - I though do have less exaggerated reaction than before. So I believe it has helped:-)

Laceylala - you know I sometimes need to get into my hole as well.. so I just give in & not fight it. Though because of the decreased discomfort I feel happier & love the fact I have finally a sane way of what was an otherwise insane situation! That in itself is a victory every month & makes me chipper. All the best & just take care of your self.

jamielr84 - way to go girl-)

sarahthes - Awesome!!! keep it up:-)

Love always:heart: Suzie
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ah Alberta....I grew up there. I miss Canada :(. I've lived in the USA for the past 10 years but was born and raised Canadian. Where'd you live?