Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 45

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies!

An MFP friend (not on this thread) pointed out to me that I hadn't posted since Wednesday! It's busy at work and I haven't had access to a computer outside of work, so I guess I disappeared. Didn't mean to, I promise!

Jess: Looks like we'll have to meet up on Friday night of Warrior weekend, especially since your friend lives so close to where I work. I'm bummed you won't be able to spend more time here, but I guess that means I'll have to come down and see you sometime.

Teresa: I'm glad to hear you'll be able to work your job longer. Hopefully that gives you time to find something else and eases the stress, at least until things get cleared up between you and Adam.

Laila: Congrats on losing inches. Don't back off the weights because the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism to burn more calories faster, which in turn burns the fat.

Nancy: I'd be mad if TOM decided to make a return visit after being gone for three years. How is that even possible? So weird.

Melinda: Yay for Meghan having fun with theater! It sounds like she is absolutely thriving since moving in with you!

So, I pretty much failed the fruits & veggies challenge last week and will try to continue to focus on increasing these. I've done better eating-wise this week than I haven in the past three weeks, as long as I eat a sensible dinner tonight. Yay!

Have a great day!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I only made it 22 minutes on my walk today. It's too freaking hot & I was sweating buckets all over my work clothes. Isn't it supposed to beFebruary? It's 85*F outside today. :noway: Inside too, since the AC is broken at work. :ohwell: The temp is supposed to be reasonable again after today (high 60s/low 70s).
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Those with the salads they sound so yummy!! Maybe we should attempt the veggie and fruit challenge again this week! Since like a good portion of us did not do so well.

Heather-We will definitely have to meet up Friday then!!

Laila-Hang in there girl. Try easing up on the strength training and cut back to maybe 3 days a week and do cardio the rest. See if that helps. :flowerforyou:

lstpaul-Everyone is going to have slip ups. I have no doubt you can get yourself back on track today. You've been doing so well!!

For lunch I had a Smart One chicken enchilada with sugar free pudding. I'm trying to keep some frozen meals in the freezer here at work for days I don't have time to pack a lunch. Mom bought lots of spinach and veggies for me to make some salads this week! I know the frozen meals aren't the best but it keeps me from hitting up chick fila and other fast food places!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I know we have had this conversation before but I just messed up my diary..what does everybody have for their % on carbs, protein and fat?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I'm at 45% carbs, 30% fat and 25% protein. I was attempting 40/30/30 before I increased my calories to maintenance for pregnancy but there is just no way I'm going to get like 160g protein a day right now. :laugh:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning!

Jess: Sorry I can't help you with your question since I don't have to track that on WW.

I have happy news this morning. My cousin Alyssa welcomed a healthy baby boy, Logan, into the world today! He's super adorable (saw pics on FB!). I'm glad I didn't buy any newborn size stuff for him because he's 9lbs 2 oz.!

In other less exciting but still happy news, I downloaded the Kindle app for my Blackberry and love it! It should hold me over until I can buy a Kindle next week.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Exercise: None
    Water: 67.6 oz.
    Proud: The fact that my cousin Alyssa's baby boy was healthy (and did I mention adorable?). Her 3rd child, a daughter, passed of a congenital heart condition when she was only a few months old, so we're all relieved that prayers were answered that there would be no complications with Logan.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations to Alyssa for a job well done! :heart:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Heather - hooray for adorable new HEALTHY babies!

Checking in for yesterday
    Cals - Under w/exercise - 1,410
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - 50 min of Jazzercise - BACK AT IT!
    Fruits/Veggies - 4 veggies, 1 fruit
    Proud - Last night we got Chinese food for dinner. I took out half the order BEFORE I started eating so I would have lunch. I have a very bad habit of eating everything that's on my plate/container. I kept it under control AND have a tasty lunch for today! HOORAY! It also felt great to get back to Jazzercise - such fun to bop around and sweat like a pig!!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Lauren: I want to do Jazzercise! It sounds like so much fun. I'll have to do some research to find it near me. I'm thinking about taking a Barre class, which is basically a ballerina workout. Have you or any of your friends tried that? I've heard it's big in NYC right now.

Oh, and I posted a few new pics from Saturday night on my profile if you'd like to see a better pic of the bf or my slimmer figure. The one I'm using as my main profile pic right now is me, the bf and his son (who is a ham in front of the camera, hence the cheesy grin).
  • elmox
    Options
    Heather - I would love to do a barre class, if only to pretend I'm a ballerina!

Oh, and I love the new picture! You look great!!

Also, Jonathan's first beer review went up on Friday, but since we were traveling, I didn't get to post. For all you beer lovers:
    http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/02/one-big-bottle-foothills-baltic-porter-beer-review.html
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Heather - I would love to do a barre class, if only to pretend I'm a ballerina!

Oh, and I love the new picture! You look great!!

Also, Jonathan's first beer review went up on Friday, but since we were traveling, I didn't get to post. For all you beer lovers:
    http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/02/one-big-bottle-foothills-baltic-porter-beer-review.html

Beer lovers!? That's me!! I'll have to be sure to read this!!

Julie-Thanks for the info on the settings you are using. I know I used yours before but couldn't remember what they were!

I'm giong back to spin class tonight. Haven't been in months...I'm nervous and excited! Down about 1.5 pounds from yesterday. Victory. Just re losing...yet again!! Summer is quickly approaching and I need to look hot in a swimsuit this summer!! :bigsmile:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Lauren: Tell Jonathan I liked the review. I'll have to see if I can find that beer anywhere around here. It sounds good...fruity with coffee and chocolate? What's not to like?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, I love Foothills' porters. *drool* YAY North Carolina brews! (And yay Flying Saucer for having 1/2 off Carolina brews on Sundays! Oh, I can hardly wait for July. A little beer in the breast milk never hurt anyone, right? :tongue:
    Foothills' People's porter is almost always my 1st pint. Then Foothills' Total Eclipse Stout if it's in season.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    While I'm hopped up (get it?) on beer, the other NC brewery I highly recommend is Highland. They make a yummy Oatmeal porter & a super yummy Black Mocha Stout.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I was such in a rut yesterday that I overate and was so over my calories. I had this idea in my mind that it’s the end of the month and I did pretty good on calories and exercise and wanted one day of just eating whatever I want and not log it in. Moreover, that is what I did. I felt so sick and disgusted in what I ate and I don’t want to eat like that every day because I hate the feelings that come with it. I feel so bloated and sick… I think TOM is coming soon and it always put me in a foul mood…sorry but it’s true

So today I am in a better place today..back in action and ready to finish what I started a year ago. I have to keep telling myself that I wasn’t fat overnight and It’s not going to come off overnight. I have planned to make March better than February. Better in looking ALWAYS at the bright side of any situation, for example, I didn’t lose weight then check my measurements or find something I did that week that I couldn’t do a year age…and I know there is plenty of thing I couldn’t do last year that I embrace this year.

Thanks you for all your support in helping me look past my bad moments. We all have them, that’s what makes us human, and we make mistake and learn from them.

My plan, for the month of March “March Madness,” is to exercise (cardio) 4-5 times a week, and (strength training) weights 2-3 times a week. I think I will see the weight come off and build muscle too. I’m going to keep my calories @ 1200, and my customized food plan is: 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat..this always help me before…So I am going back to basics.

Ispaul: we all have slips..move past it and make the next meal a better one. By the way, I read ( in a previous post) that is was your birthday..if so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Beautiful one!!!

Jess: My percentage is above ( last paragraph)…We got this girl, here is to March (kickass) Madness..lol Let’s make March spectacular!!!

Heather: congrats to your cousin Alyssa and to her adorable baby boy! WOW 9lbs...I had 3 kiddos and non of my babies reach 9lbs..closest was 7.5lbs..

bbl,

Xoxo
  • elmox
    Options
    Julie and Heather - I passed on your kind words to Jonathan and he appreciates them! Julie, he also suggested Mother Earth in Kinston for deliciousness (in July, of course!). Also, beer + breast feeding is totally on point. My friend Ashley was having trouble producing milk and she had to start drinking Guiness at night to help with that. She started off HATING it, but can handle it a bit better now. So drink up - in July!
  • elmox
    Options
    Jess, glad you're down. I was down 2.5 this morning from yesterday. Amazing what 80 oz of water and not eating like a crazy person can do to get rid of the extra bloat!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    can I join in with you here?
    you all seem like such a wonderful group.
    if not i understand.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Jenn, welcome to our group. We would love to have you!!!

Okay ladies, I believe that I am the biggest loser on Friday so I am posing a challenge. Everyone please add some strength training to you workout. I just read that women do not do enough strength we tend to focus on cardio. It can be any type of strength building exercise you like. If you don't have weights use your body and do squats or pushups. If you lift 2 pound weights try 3 pounds this week. Get it? Just add it to your cardio. Hold weights while you walk.

Heather, Congrats to the cousin with the new baby. I had 2 baby's at the 9 pound range 9.4 (vag:sick: ) and a 9.1 c-section and he was almost 2 weeks early so easily a 10 pounder to full term!!!

Quit drinking beer when I became a Christian in 1999 so don't have much to say about beer other than I dont miss it I also quit smoking that day and don't miss it either.:laugh: :laugh:

CHRIS WHERE ARE YOU?

Laila, you always have a good plan. Keep it up in those oh so sexy size 11's.:flowerforyou:

Jess, I am doing the same as Julie with food plan.
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Heather, I went and looked at you pictures. YOU look GREAT sista!!!!!!!:heart::heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: