Join Me! 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I find that if I do the Shred after I have already worked out elsewhere, I have a harder time with it. I think I will Shred first from now on.

I'm on Day 6 level 1. I'm getting much better now. I still take the MUCH needed 5 second breaks here and there, but I can do the advanced moves on a lot of things. Today I ate raw red onion with my lunch, and then 2 hours later did the Shred. I kept having to stop and sit down because my tummy was too spicy. No more of that!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    oh no re the onion and working out. Can't imagine that was fun.

So another Shred down. I might try out level 3 tomorrow. I'll see how I feel by the time I get around to working out.
    I did discover today that I like working out in our backroom which isn't carpeted as opposed to our carpeted livingroom. So what took me 18 days to figure that out! :)
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    OMG did my first day of level 3...KILLER.
    Once I get the hang of some of the exercises I can see it won't be as bad and the jumping jacks with weights weren't as hard as I thought they would be but OMG I sweated a ton.
  • Ivana23
    Ivana23 Posts: 7
    Options
    I started doing the Shred about a month ago, and have lost 20 lbs since, it's awesome! The first few days I was so sore and couldn't move. But it totally pays off. It's hard in the beginning, but then you get used to it, and the results are so worth it. Good Luck Everyone!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and hell, it sucked! My lord i had no idea how hard jumping jacks are at 40! Wow wee! You all are rock stars. and my knee was killing me.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    i decided to have a break from Jillian for a few days - on the up side i rocked up 2100 calories hiking u a mountain yesterday, so i think it kinda balances out ;). Starting back today methinks.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Wow awesome job with the hike. How long were you hiking for?
    I don't feel like doing the Shred today but I'm going to push myself especially since my husband wants to do dinner at the local burger joint tonight and I feel like spoiling myself with some yummy food today!
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    im one day 8 level 1 i did, i plan on staying on level one for around 30days before moving up as jillian says move up when your ready so thats what im going todo. there is no way im ready to move up i still strugle through someof the moves or have to stop for short breaks and i really want to get the most out of this dvd.:smile:
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    it was 4.5 miles there and 4.5 back. climbing 1080 metres. :)
  • roselynsy
    Options
    well done

i did day 9 of the shred
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Wow 9 miles of hiking, way to go!!!

How was day 9 Rose? You will know when it's time to move on to another level. For me it was when I could do more than a few push ups.

I'm skipping the Shred today as I have 90 minutes of skating coming up this evening and I'm sure few runthroughs of our 3.5 minute program so I don't want to be hurting for that and I think the 1000 or so calories I burn doing that should be enough.
  • sassygirl85
    Options
    Just ordered it today keep seeing all the posts and want to give it a try... so will do this along with Zumba :o)
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Wow you'll have quite the workout with the 30DS and Zumba. Good for you

I just ordered her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 Week Six Pack DVDs. I like her way of training I guess is the word. I find lots of DVD trainer people annoying but her I like.
  • AJBond
    AJBond Posts: 14
    Options
    just started today!
  • cat_1977
    cat_1977 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm new here but have been at the shred for a couple of weeks now. I'm on level 2 day 5 but i don't think it will be happening tonight!

How are you all logging it calorie-wise?
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow you'll have quite the workout with the 30DS and Zumba. Good for you

I just ordered her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 Week Six Pack DVDs. I like her way of training I guess is the word. I find lots of DVD trainer people annoying but her I like.

Yay! Glad u bought it.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm new here but have been at the shred for a couple of weeks now. I'm on level 2 day 5 but i don't think it will be happening tonight!

How are you all logging it calorie-wise?

When I first started, I used circuit training, then I bought a hrm and MFP gave me slightly more calories, but it was pretty close.
  • roselynsy
    Options
    @Alisontheice day 9 was hard as i gave it my all then did joanna hall sweat and sculped. but alls good
    i did day 10 today plus jh s&s again then later in the day another 30 mins of step ups with 1lb weights for biceps curls. had my best burn yet today total was 1120 from exercise so really happy:smile:
  • purpleg
    purpleg Posts: 7
    Options
    I'll join I'm starting it tonite:smile:
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Wow awesome work Rose.
    I wasn't going to shred today because I have skating again but hubby is home and can entertain the little guy so maybe I will. I think I might just do level 2 instead of level 3 today. I kind of liked level 2 and miss it.