Join Me! 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Skolls081102
    Options
    Hey everybody, I'm finally back. Glad to see you're all still Shredding! So after a 9 day layoff (between work, and getting sick), I finally did Day 16, Day 2 Workout 3. And damn, the layoff made me rusty. I did netter than I expected, but could definitely see a difference. My arms and legs were killing me! But I'm happy to be back. I'm actually going to mix in The Biggest Loser Cardin Max video tomorrow. My wife keeps raving about it. Catch you all later!
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just did level 1 of the 30 Day Shred on demand today! I cnt get the dvd!!...Do I just do level 1 for 5 days or 7 days??
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    They say to do each level for 10 days.

Mike - good to have you back. Sorry you've been sick. I'm sure it feels good to be back Shredding.

I ended up doing Level 2 today but I did some Level 3 cardio. So I did the jumping jacks, boxing and butt kicks with weights. I'm finding Level 3 a bit hard on my back so I might just do the rest this modified way. I actually kind of like the jumping jacks with weights.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options

THANK YOU!!!
  • sweetdreams1024
    Options
    i just go it today as well and as planing on starting tommarrow as well hopefull we all can do this together best wishes to all :flowerforyou:
  • roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!!

its ok ot justs do level 1 for 30days. because its called the 30day shred people often say its ment to be done 10days at each level. this is simple not true. you should move up when your ready Jillan says this on the dvd. it might be that you find level one way to easy and need to progress sooner yoou will know by your secound day.

hope that helps
  • roselynsy
    Options
    Wow awesome work Rose.
    I wasn't going to shred today because I have skating again but hubby is home and can entertain the little guy so maybe I will. I think I might just do level 2 instead of level 3 today. I kind of liked level 2 and miss it.

i love skating (have fun) havnt been scince i was alot younger (due to weight gain) maybe sometime soon i can start again
  • siancatrin
    siancatrin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started it for the first time ever yesterday! Can't believe how knackered I was after 20 minutes! But managed to complete level 1 without a break and really proud of myself! Tomorrow I have to do it as well as a gym session, eek!

Legs and abs ache already but I know it's worth it! Looking forward to posting my progress!!xx
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    tarting back again as of yesterday - feeling the pinch of it, but determined. I have some cool pics of the mountain climb i did on my blog @ http://theinfinitewaypoint.blogspot.com. Let me know what you think folks :)
  • roselynsy
    Options
    tarting back again as of yesterday - feeling the pinch of it, but determined. I have some cool pics of the mountain climb i did on my blog @ http://theinfinitewaypoint.blogspot.com. Let me know what you think folks :)

WOW well done great pics and great burn :)
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options

THANK YOU!!!

its ok ot justs do level 1 for 30days. because its called the 30day shred people often say its ment to be done 10days at each level. this is simple not true. you should move up when your ready Jillan says this on the dvd. it might be that you find level one way to easy and need to progress sooner yoou will know by your secound day.

hope that helps

i TOTALLY messed up my right calf and pulled a muscle =/ the rest of my body feels great but I pulled a muscle doing the front lunges! Should I work out today? I'm real worried about messing up my goal =/
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Ugh I hate lunges. They really hurt my knee. You could try starting the workout and seeing how it feels. I hurt my back partway through and took a few days off but then when I started back it made it feel much better. If you do think you hurt yourself though take a break, if it's minor you could be back to normal in 1 or 2 days but if you push it you could be out for a week.

Dolphin: Those pictures are GORGEOUS. I take it you live in Wales? it's such a gorgeous area.

Rose: you should get out on your skates again. Weight doesn't matter. I skate on a synchronized skating team and at our last competition I noticed a larger lady on a team and she was the most beautiful skater on the whole team. My mom even mentioned her too. It's hard but it can be done. :)

I'm skipping my workout today. I feel like I'm fighting a cold and we were out all day and not home until 10 om and I didn't feel like exercising that late. I did get 2 new Jillian DVDs in the mail today. I can't wait to try them out.
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to accomplish the workout! I am on day 23! I have worked out every day minus 4 days since I started. Like many people have mentioned, I can definitely see results in my size, but the weight hasn't really changed much for me. I did take measurements at the beginning, so I'll be excited (and nervous!) to see what may have changed within this time period. Good luck to those of you just starting! You can do it!!!
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one trying to accomplish the workout! I am on day 23! I have worked out every day minus 4 days since I started. Like many people have mentioned, I can definitely see results in my size, but the weight hasn't really changed much for me. I did take measurements at the beginning, so I'll be excited (and nervous!) to see what may have changed within this time period. Good luck to those of you just starting! You can do it!!!

That's great! and very motivating.
  • mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate lunges. They really hurt my knee. You could try starting the workout and seeing how it feels. I hurt my back partway through and took a few days off but then when I started back it made it feel much better. If you do think you hurt yourself though take a break, if it's minor you could be back to normal in 1 or 2 days but if you push it you could be out for a week.

Dolphin: Those pictures are GORGEOUS. I take it you live in Wales? it's such a gorgeous area.

Rose: you should get out on your skates again. Weight doesn't matter. I skate on a synchronized skating team and at our last competition I noticed a larger lady on a team and she was the most beautiful skater on the whole team. My mom even mentioned her too. It's hard but it can be done. :)

I'm skipping my workout today. I feel like I'm fighting a cold and we were out all day and not home until 10 om and I didn't feel like exercising that late. I did get 2 new Jillian DVDs in the mail today. I can't wait to try them out.

Sorry to hear that, something must be going around :sick:
  • captainshlem
    captainshlem Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so today was my last day of workout 2, the only one I've been able to get through without taking a few breaks. moving onto level three on friday, I'm excited and scared.

I actually went to a physical therapist on monday night because I've been having knee problems, figured I must have done something wrong during my workout, thankfully no. found out I have a tilted patella so I need to wear a knee brace. yay no more pain :D
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    Look after that knee and good luck with Level 3.

I did Level 2 again with Level 3 abs and cardio. So a hybrid of the 2 levels. I just find Level 3 too hard on my joints with all the jumping.

With all the shredding and such I feel like I've had a huge confidence boost. It's amazing what a little looking after yourself will do for self exteem.
  • Bexxx11
    Bexxx11 Posts: 3
    Options
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MESSAGE ME THE 30 DAY SHRED...TOMORROW I HAVE 31 DAYS LEFT UNTIL DOMINICAN TRIP!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Day 17, Day 3 Level 3 completed. Still struggling through which I'm sure has something to do with my 9 day layoff, but I'm getting there. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • dolphinstar106
    Options
    heh heh no i dont live in wales - it was just a day trip. Glad i went though :D. Ive had my half hour with jllian today, am off to the gym shortly, armed with hrm :D. May have another jillian sesh later, if i feel up to it :D