i'm sorry, but...

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    it 's not a matter of "harm", i'm just saying that there are boards for these types of posts. if i'm in the "nutrition/diet" forum, i expect to read those types of posts. that's all.
    Ummm this very thread is in the Introduce yourself board

Point.

Seriously, if you don't like it, don't read it. This website is about lifestyle change, not dieting. "LIFE" is the main part of lifestyle change. Feeling welcomed to discuss anything that is going on in your world, whether it be discussing what nail polish you're wearing or what sweater you just bought for your teacup poodle, is a fantastic element of this place.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    There is a thread specifically just for chitchat and stuff like that. If you don't like it...don't read it.

agreed. however, if i'm *not* on the "chit chat" board, i wouldn't expect to read unrelated topics.

Yet, you did it yourself. You posted this thread on the 'introduction' board.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats exactly what I was trying to say lol
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    ok, before everyone starts to jump down my throat for *MY* opinion, it's just tha - t "MY" opinion. i was trying to be polite before when i typed "off topic", but there's clearly a difference between posting something about your family and telling the mfp world that you got drunk and banged by 4 guys last weekend. just sayin'...
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I can't stand people who are so petty they have to whine about things that shouldn't be a big deal.

If you see it's an "off" post, don't read it. Many people are here for friends, a sense of belonging, etc. There are some things they write here that maybe they can't write anywhere else. Yes, this is a fitness site, but the mind plays a huge role in that and if we can help people with their little problems, maybe their weight loss and fitness journey will be stronger and better.

Cause seriously, this is petty shet.

You are allowed your opinion, but then people are allowed to jump down your throat for it. No one is upset with you. Well, at least I'm not.
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    There is a thread specifically just for chitchat and stuff like that. If you don't like it...don't read it.

agreed. however, if i'm *not* on the "chit chat" board, i wouldn't expect to read unrelated topics.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats exactly what I was trying to say lol

done purposefully in the hopes the personal whose post i read would see this and get the hint.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    ok, before everyone starts to jump down my throat for *MY* opinion, it's just tha - t "MY" opinion. i was trying to be polite before when i typed "off topic", but there's clearly a difference between posting something about your family and telling the mfp world that you got drunk and banged by 4 guys last weekend. just sayin'...

Someone said this? :-O How come I miss all the good stuff!
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    Chit chat fun and games, now I am not always the brightest bulb in the room, but I am pretty sure that one explains its self. Not wanting to be rude but working out sharing success stories and all that is awesome, but having fun and getting to know one another is a good thing as well...

it wasn't posted on the "chit chat/fun & games" board, or i wouldn't have started this thread.
  • cindy4mica
    Options

Someone said this? :-O How come I miss all the good stuff!

lol not in so many words, but yes. i'm trying to find it so i can cut/paste to let everyone know exactly what i was talking about.
  • gemmijames
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jabba. So nice to meet you all. : / Did I come at a bad time???
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    Some people may not want to go to other social networks. Plus, this is a site where everyone is trying to get into a healthier lifestyle, so everyone is, so to speak, in the same boat. It's nice to talk to people you can relate to. If you have such a problem with it, then this isn't the site for you.

this site is precisely for me - because the *main* goal is to help people get on track with their weight/nutritional/diet issues. i have no problem with people posting their personal matters, as long as it's in the proper forum. just as everyone (clearly) can post whatever they want, wherever they want, i'm entitled to my opinions.

Of course you are. But you have done what you are complaining about. This forum is for new people to introduce themselves, and yet here you are posting something that has nothing to do with that topic. And the main goal is to give people a place to go for support when they need it. Plus, when I see a post called 'Need to vent' I know that that post is not going to be about how much eight they can now lift at the gym, so if I dont want to read that, I just skip over it and go to another one titled 'Weight loss tips' instead; for example. Just saying, most times people make it pretty clear what they are posting about in the title of said post.
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    So you're saying this post had NOTHING to do with nutrition/fitness???
  • cindy4mica
    Options

again, i did that on purpose because that's where i read the post i was speaking about. i put it here in the hopes that person would read it and get the hint.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    So you're saying this post had NOTHING to do with nutrition/fitness???

It made me get up and get some water. That's fitness.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Wow my knees hurt from last night, but I burned 300 calories!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    why do you click on a subject that doesn't have to do with nutrition if you are only looking for info on nutrition? try this: dont click on subject that do with personal life things. example: DONT CLICK "boyfriend out of town" DO CLICK: "are carrots good for you" maybe?
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    posting only in an attempt to point out the obvious ...

if anyone feels any post or topic is inappropriate either for the site or that particular forum, report it to the site owners... if they feel your 'report' is warranted they will remove the reported post..and they remove it very fast *S* they are great about that.

If they don't remove it.. they are obviously fine with it's content and/or context.

happy Saturday everyone *S*
  • That_Girl
    Options

again, i did that on purpose because that's where i read the post i was speaking about. i put it here in the hopes that person would read it and get the hint.

Why not just message that person (better yet, ignore that person) on your own instead of causin' all this drama?
  • cindy4mica
    Options
    Some people may not want to go to other social networks. Plus, this is a site where everyone is trying to get into a healthier lifestyle, so everyone is, so to speak, in the same boat. It's nice to talk to people you can relate to. If you have such a problem with it, then this isn't the site for you.

this site is precisely for me - because the *main* goal is to help people get on track with their weight/nutritional/diet issues. i have no problem with people posting their personal matters, as long as it's in the proper forum. just as everyone (clearly) can post whatever they want, wherever they want, i'm entitled to my opinions.

Of course you are. But you have done what you are complaining about. This forum is for new people to introduce themselves, and yet here you are posting something that has nothing to do with that topic. And the main goal is to give people a place to go for support when they need it. Plus, when I see a post called 'Need to vent' I know that that post is not going to be about how much eight they can now lift at the gym, so if I dont want to read that, I just skip over it and go to another one titled 'Weight loss tips' instead; for example. Just saying, most times people make it pretty clear what they are posting about in the title of said post.

i purposely posted this topic on this board because this is the board i read the topic i was originally talking about. i was hoping that person would read it and get the hint.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

Sorry...next time I post something about my weekend I'll make sure to title it "I got banged by 4 guys lastnight" so you don't have to waste your time reading it......:laugh:

Seriously this was a waste of time.....
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Jabba. So nice to meet you all. : / Did I come at a bad time???
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nice to meet you too Jabba :flowerforyou: