"H20" Seventy Days of Shredding those EGGGstra Pounds Week 2

Options

Replies

• tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Its not that I updated it. Although I do need to. Ive gotten in 3 more miles today, Ill work that into tomorrows schedule. I promised my baby Id spend some time with him tonight. :)

Also, I took the fruit/veggie experiment a bit further and got a pummelo to try. I was doing some reading and its a form of giant mexican grapefruit. I like grapefruit so it might not be so bad....
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Tannie whatever happened, your ticker is working fine now. :)

I know it isn't a good choice, but I'm totally having a college student's dinner...ramen and beer. :laugh: It sounded good!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to my zumba today.. Went to see my best friend today. Went and ran errands with her. Went to bob evans.. Instead of getting breakfast from there I got open faced roast beef. Trust me it was much better for me than our normal breakfast we get together. I would have definitely been over on everything. Went to the park to watch the ducks and geese at the pond. Took some pictures.. :) I finally got to meet her baby.. :) He looks like a babydoll.. soo perfect.. :) Then headed home, stopped back by the park to get some extra pictures.. Im a picture happy person.. Walked about 2 miles in the process.. :) Good for my legs.. :) Then drove home.. Started doing dishes and got tired.. Hubby ordered pizza.. bad bad bad.. and since I ate that and the sugarfree cheesecake in the fridge i decided to clean house to burn off some of that junk. I walked for about 45 minutes all together today, and cleaned heavily for 105 minutes.. And I only have half my house clean.. :( Blah.. Its really needed cleaned for a while now. I edited some pictures and now im about to head to bed. Going to do zumba in the morning when I get up, and atleast clean the hallway and the bathroom tomorrow before work.. Working until 11 tomorrow night.. Ugh I hate those hours.. :(
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Is it alright if I join the challenge? If so,could someone please do a really quick refresher on the rules,etc? You all sound like a great bunch and I would love to get to know you! My name is Jenny,BTW....
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Is it alright if I join the challenge? If so,could someone please do a really quick refresher on the rules,etc? You all sound like a great bunch and I would love to get to know you! My name is Jenny,BTW....

Hi Jenny! We'd love to have you join. Everyone in here is awesome. :)

Only thing we ask is that you weigh-in once a week. We have an ongoing challenge to complete 100 miles (jogging, walking, canoeing, stationary bike, whatever) by Easter. Each week, AprilVal gives us a plethora of just-for-that-week challenges in her opening post. Weigh-in on whatever day you want, doesn't matter as long as you do it. We have a log going to keep track of ongoing progress so and if you'd like to be a part of that, just add your name on and update it every week. The link is in my signature. Just be sure to click "save" when you're done.

And that's it!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tricia and Blueviolet :D (hope I remembered the right names, I have the memory of a goldfish)

I have a bit of a NSV going on, dressed top to toe in UK size 12 :D Think That might be a US 8, although again I have memory fail.

But yay, good times.

UK size 12 is a US size 10. (I lived in England for a few years.) I miss Sainsbury's, Weetabix, Trebor's mints, M & S... I could go on and on!! I miss living there... fullstop! :D

I will take that size ten it sounds good. And I am not joking, I am eeating weetabix, needed to push my calories up, so I am having a weetabix with chopped up banana :O It is pretty nice :D

Aaahhhhh!!!!! I am GREEN with ENVY!! Where do you live?

@Pink: Wheetabix is this cardboard like thingy. LOL Some people eat it warm, some eat it cold. (I like it both ways!) With milk... it becomes like... uhmmm ... soggy miniwheats... but not so stringy like. I can't explain it!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    LOL I was waiting for a description of something more along the lines of Tim Tam or something, not "it's a cardboard kinda thing". :laugh:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Oh hey check this out, I found a study that was done on the calories burned during Wii Fit activities...it looks like what is on MFP is pretty similar to what the study found.

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/WiiFit102009.pdf
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Okay Late to re-join but here we go
    SW 168.4
    GW 160

Just started the insanity work out and Still jogging and walking with my dogs about 2 miles a day 5ks on the weekends! Good luck yall
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I love Weetabix. We get it up here in Canada.....kinda surprised it's not in the US actually. My mom eats it warmed in the microwave with raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and little bit of coffee for flavour. LOL Cardboard......it's like a giant Shreddie except it's not shredded, it's flaked. Imagine a big bowl of soggy cornflakes.....but better....it is hard to describe.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Oh hey check this out, I found a study that was done on the calories burned during Wii Fit activities...it looks like what is on MFP is pretty similar to what the study found.

http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/studies/WiiFit102009.pdf
    I just finished the article. I mean, anyone with half a brain can tell that the Wii Fit isn't that strenous of an exercise, but as the article pointed out, it's better than playing sedentary video games and it'll get a couch potato reason to move. I'm surprised that the Super Hula Hoop was actually that low though! I tried to do the longest one there is (I think the 6 minute) and, man, did I regret that!!! :laugh: My poor sides were in stitches by the end. I don't do much of the Wii Fit exercises any longer - I usually just do the daily Body Test and that's it - but every now and then I'll do the custom yoga exercise I created on there. The kids do love it though.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Wii fit, but I played Just Dance 2 for 60min yesterday and with my heart rate monitor attached, I burned 522cal.. just sayin' :bigsmile:

Oh, and I couldn've hugged this little girl and danced around like a fool yesterday, but I didn't! My brother Drew had a bowling tournament for school so I went with. My mom introduced my to this girl, Courtney. one of Drews friends who didn't know he had a sister (there's 12 and 14 yrs between my brothers and I) so she continues to ask if I was in high school!! I've been out for 8 years! Courtney totally made my day!
  • cazzincali
    Options
    @pink: WEETABIX - I think it was best described as soggy corn flakes! I wanted to say it was like porridge... but it's not. LOL The texture is one all its own! You MUST add some flavor to it though!! Of ANY kind! bananas are good... i've done apples, raisins and cinnamon; brown sugar... stuff like that. But I haven't had it since I moved back to US. You can buy it online.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OH... Wanted to share this link. This is a hard core workout, but maybe someone might find some interest in trying it. I know I want to. It ranks I think up there with the P90X and Insanity Workouts. I've been wanting to do both of those, but because of my finances right now, I can't afford them so someone shared this link. I wanna look like Zuzzane! www.bodyrock.tv

I have been working up the nerve to even TRY one of these workouts :embarassed: My sister is in really great shape, and does these most days... they kick her *kitten*! But they're effective, too (as if you can't tell by how Zuzzana looks)--she generally burns about 300 cals, and some of them are only 10 mins!!! I think I'm gonna try one on Sunday though... if y'all don't hear from me by Monday, call 911 :wink:

Trying a new veggie (finally) tomorrow--parsnips! I know that's not a really weird one, but I've never had them... think I'm going to try a mashed-potato substitute kinda thing I saw Alton Brown do once. I'll share the recipe if it turns out :huh:

Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend, and keep up the great work :heart:
  • tanniew78
    Options
    The pummelo was amazing. I cant even describe it. SO much better than a grapefruit. They are pricey though. I spent 2.50 on mine. For one fruit. However, for an occasional treat... its divine. Ill definitely be buying this again! :D
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got the official go ahead to start running again today - YAY :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Good job really as 6 weeks tomorrow I travel to a whole different country (Scotland:laugh: ) for my first ever HM!!

@Pink - I am a member of my local gym and I really like it there. It's full of very normal people who are either trying to get fit, or keep their fitness up, and that's it. It's not a fashion show, and there are no creepy types, I honestly think you will be ok. And if you like the gym, try to negotiate the fees - I did and now pay half price :smile:
    x

You can negotiate?! Jeebuz I didn't know joining a gym was like buying a car! :laugh: Do you know if gyms tend to offer discounts for military/law enforcement/teachers/etc?

Some do offer discounts, and some don't. I know my first gym didn't, it was the only gym in town, if you wanted to be a member you had to pay full price! There's a few to choose from where I live now, and when I overheard someone in the changing room saying she'd negotiated a lower fee I thought I'd try my luck!! It is worth asking.

And for breakfast most days I have 2 Weetabix with warm milk, a sprinkling of sugar, and a chopped up banana. Yum :smile:
    x
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Got my new running shoes and can't wait to try them out tomorrow!!! I was fit by a pro at my local shop and I'm so going to go there again, very worth it!!! She fit me with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11... I didn't realize I had wider feet until she measured me, and apparently I over-pronate, whatever that means... but I'm totally looking forward to blasting out some miles this weekend in my new shoes!!

Oh, and I also got two new sport bras AND new running shades!!! I work for an eye doctor (I'm an optician) so I'd been wanting to order these for a while, they are lightweight and comfy and with my prescription I can even see awesome! This is one great day! Going to put my shoes on and clean up a bit.. need to walk in them for a while!!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I know of a local store that has a lot of English and Scottish grocery items, next time I'm near that place I'm so stopping in and looking for Weetabix!

ceelovejay - I was surprised about that too! The super hula has me panting and whining. :laugh:

Bru - damn lady! See, that is why I need a HRM. I need to be able to verify my calories burned! I keep trying to convince hubby that I need one, but he doesn't see the point. Men! PFFT! And AWESOME for getting mistaken for a high school student!

emily - paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsnips...hope they're yummers!

tannie - yay to the pummelo being yummier that you'd imagined! Dang for the price tag, but yeah like you said for an occasional treat, it is doable.

casey - I'm so going to try to negotiate! Thanks for the tips. :)

Nikstergirl - dang you had one great shopping day! So glad you had good luck with the shoes, bras, and glasses.

Happy Friday! So my new veggie (though I know it isn't weird) is those small white Dutch potatoes. Going to use 'em in a beef stew that I'm about to throw into the crock pot. I would love to go to the track, but it is already raining right now and is supposed to keep raining until Sunday. Maybe if the hubby agrees we can go to the gym we're thinking of joining to start our 7 day trial. That or we'll just meld our azzes with the couch and enjoy the soggy weather by lighting up the fireplace.
  • cazzincali
    Options

And for breakfast most days I have 2 Weetabix with warm milk, a sprinkling of sugar, and a chopped up banana. Yum :smile:
    x

I am SO jealous!! Well, I WAS... until I FOUND some at Wholesome Choice this afternoon!! YAY!!!!! So I bought a box. :bigsmile: Wanna guess what I'll be having for breky tomoz?!

Yeah... rain... love it! :happy: I will be off to the gym later. Gotta "do my time"! :bigsmile:
  • tanniew78
    Options
    You all make me want some weetabix! lol. And Ive never had it before. lol. So I have been researching the turnip. Ways to make it and ways to do. I guess you can eat it raw. So Ill be trying a slice. You can roast it, but I see it with other root veggies. Like potatoes and carrots. Ive seen it can be mashed, boiled, sauteed. It can be made into a dessert like dish, as it pares well with apples. Maybe used in stuffing? It can also hold up to many flavor combos well.

so Im going to try it raw, roasted and made as a dessert side with apples. Not sure how yet, but Im going to try, lol.. I only have 2 of them so we will have to see. I also got them small to med in size. So I hope they hold up well to what I plan to do with them.