Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    ayeshakane - how fun to always be having your makeup done for you. I bet you get to try a lot of different brands that you normally wouldn't.

i_love_vinegar - I have no ideas for you, but I wish you luck in your quest!

nola - drugstore makeup can really be impressive.

I actually picked up a L'Oreal HIP loose pigment today. It was on clearance from $12.50 to $3.25. I couldn't resist! It's a pretty golden bronze that I look forward to wearing tomorrow. I also saw Revlon has these new polishes called Just Tinted. I've looked up pictures online and I can't tell if I like it or not, where everyone is is smitten with it. Guess I'l just have to give it a go when I catch it on sale.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    anyone get the new TARTE TRUE BLOOD PALETTE?
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, well - my newest addition to my makeup drawer is MAC cremeblend blush in Tea Petal - I saw it on e~Bay and decided to get on the spur of the moment - It only cost £7 - so an absolute bargain. Its quite a dark colour so I'm not sure I would have been brave enough to get it fully price, but its actually nice to wear - this is the darkest of the cremeblends, but I dont have a problem (in fact its one f those ones that would look good if I was doing full on going out make up as well as normal day wear - unlike the other cremeblends I have which are very light - but buildable).

We have been in our new apartment for a week now and I have looked at things in Geneva - but its all soooo expensive (23 CHF for 8 razors - which are normally only about £11-12 in the UK!). I am so glad we are heading to the UK next week, so I am going to stock up on everything - then make my BF pick stuff up at the airport when he's passing through after that! lol). I am running out of my Million Lashes by L'oreal - so I'll have to get a new one of those definately - love that one!!

So not much to report on the makeup front today :) . Au Revoir, S xx
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love make-up! I usually stick to the cheap drugstore stuff (Revlon, Covergirl, Rimmel, Maybelline), but it works for me. You know, for as much make-up I wear, you'd think I'd have the names/colors/#s of certain products memorized, but I have no idea. I just go by eye and buy whatever shades appeals to me most. :P
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have just found gel eye liner! Its the future!

Always loved Ancient Egyptians and have imitated the eye make up for as long as I can remember. ^_^
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm such a make-up junky! I don't hold onto it though - I pass it along to my sister-in-law when I tire of it. My favourite brands are Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Stila, NARS, Sheseido and for a super-binge: e.l.f. And no matter how many mascaras I try I always go back to Maybelline Great Lash.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm such a make-up junky! I don't hold onto it though - I pass it along to my sister-in-law when I tire of it. My favourite brands are Bobbi Brown, Chanel, Stila, NARS, Sheseido and for a super-binge: e.l.f. And no matter how many mascaras I try I always go back to Maybelline Great Lash.

ummm u can pass those along this way when u get tired of them too lol.

and by binge on e.l.f. did you mean getting a lot of stuff from them? cuz for the price of 1 bobbi brown product you can get 30elf products lol.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    how did I not see this thread sooner?! I am a MAC makeup artist, so being obsessed with makeup comes with the job!!! there's a reason MAC rhymes with crack =D
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options

and by binge on e.l.f. did you mean getting a lot of stuff from them? cuz for the price of 1 bobbi brown product you can get 30elf products lol.

That is exactly what I meant - sometimes I get a little "oooh, new things!!" and want a whole bunch. E.l.f. is perfect for that! Yeah, Bobbi Brown is pricey but they're my favourite blushes, gel liners and brushes.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    No make up for me. This is all-natural ladies. Enjoy.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options

Feel free to pass them my way too! I'll give them a good and caring new home. LOL

So remember that "I'm breaking out and I don't know why" thing that was going on earlier? I think I figured out the problem. Like y'all suggested, I washed my brushes and then wore the new products one by one a couple weeks apart to see where the problem lied. Tried my MAC blush - no problems. Yesterday I wore the Cover Girl Cheekers blush and by the end of the day I could feel a bump forming on my forehead. Today, I've got another owie forming along my jawline. Apparently Cover Girl face products and I do not get along - good to know. One of my all time favorite eye shadows is from Cover Girl! At least this stuff was cheap so I don't feel bad getting rid of it.

OH, and if any of you are into nail art, you MUST try doing water marbling! Do a youtube search on it, when you get the process right the results are too damn cool!

RoadDog...rawr!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Im not really a makeup junkie. I have tons of makeup but I use the same ones everyday. I have watched tons of videos on youtube on how to apply makeup in different ways and when I try to do it on me I either screw up or end up looking like a drag queen or clown.... maybe I am just using the wrong products or the wrong colors for my skin tone.... or maybe its just me that thinks I look bad.
    I know I bought that Covergirl smokey eyes stick. Its like a crayon for your eyes.. Normally I wear a purple/lavander color eyeshadow so that is what I bought in the smokey eye stick... I put it on according to the package and it looked almost blue on me and it was sticky and never dried or something. It felt so thick and so sticky on my eyes that I had to take it off.... Any makeup suggestions for me?
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Trish, I hated that CG smoky eye stick! Gave it to my mom because I just couldn't stand it. If you're questioning the colors you're using, maybe get a consultation at a cosmetic counter at your local department store. To get your color harmonizing down, Wet 'n Wild currently has AWESOME eyeshadow palettes that are labeled so you know what color goes where. You get three colors for $2.99 and I'm being completely honest when I say they're pretty much on par with prestige brands like Bare Escentuals.
  • nolachick
    Options
    how did I not see this thread sooner?! I am a MAC makeup artist, so being obsessed with makeup comes with the job!!! there's a reason MAC rhymes with crack =D
    :laugh:
  • nolachick
    Options
    No make up for me. This is all-natural ladies. Enjoy.

:bigsmile:
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    All Revlon cosmetics are 40% off at Rite Aid right now. Pair that with $1/1 manufacturer coupons that are out now for an even sweeter deal!
  • BrandiLovesPaleo
    Options
    I wear make up ALL the time!
    Even if it is just foundation and a little mascara, I have to have make up on to go out of my house!
  • nolachick
    Options
    so i heard there's a stila NATURAL palette out for only $28bucks! anyone have it or seen it?

wonder how it compares to the UD naked palette which u know that's what they're competing against.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Anyone tried the newest variation on the Falsies line yet? Winged or something like that? Super curious.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i am starting to give up on mascara's cuz i've been noticing a lot of lash fall out lately.

anyone use any kind of growth serum stuff that actually works? i'd rather stop using mascara all together and keep the little lashes i now have (i used to have naturally full lashes) than lose them becuz of stupid mascara.

thoughts?