Make up addicts

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    just got my tarte amazonian clay waterpoof brow mousse in medium brown and I LOVE IT! so worth the wait!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I've never tried a growth serum. I keep seeing one from Benefit (I think) but I have doubts as to whether they actually work or not. And fill me in on this brow mousse! I've been using a Laura Mercier brow pencil for the last year or so and I like it, but I'm not overly ecstatic over it. Is the mousse a color-filler-inner or what?
  • nolachick
    Options
    the mousse turned out ok. it was a last faster than what i was doing before using a powder but have to wet my brush to get the right consistency. its supposed to be waterproof but i havent tested that part of it yet. i like it so far and will be keeping it.

emily noel did a review on the falsies winged mascara she didnt seem crazy about it but i liked the original version.

i'm supposed to get my glow your way to gorgeous kit from tarte today - CAN'T WAIT! :bigsmile:
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am right with y'all!! I am obsessed with makeup and actually made my love of makeup my profession. I am a working makeup artist and love every single second of it! No matter how you feel about your weight... makeup can make you feel beautiful and I love the way it can transform you and raise your confidence.

My current obsession is Makeup For Ever! Every single product in their line is amazing! My new love is their aqua liquid liners. AMAZING!!!!!!

Other MUFE obsessions:
    HD liquid foundation
    HD translucent powder
    Matte pressed powder
    Aqua cream eyeshadow
    Rouge Intese lipcolor (their red is the best red ever!)
    Aqua liners in gel pencil, cream pot and liquid liners
    Aqua smokey lash mascara

Other obsessions:
    Nars Orgasm blush
    Nars Laguna bronzer
    Dior Blackout mascara (blackest mascara on the market!)
    Smashbox oil free primer
    Urban Decay primer potion
    Urban Decay 24-7 eye pencils (a close second to the MUFE eye pencils)
    MAC eye brow pencils
    MAC eyeshadows in Jest and Phloof (pefect everyday colors for every skin tone)
    Crown brushes (amazing quality at amazing prices!)
    Temptu cream concealer......

and many many more..... LOL!
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I really need to try MUFE. I love colorful makeup, but even still MUFE intimidates me. Although I did swatch a couple Lab Shine Diamond Collection glosses (in #6, #8, and #10) and they were STUNNING. I'm going to have to keep those in mind when it comes time for a treat purchase (since they're $18 each. Oof!).

But, I did get a great deal at Sephora! Found a Tarina Tarantino lip gloss in the clearance section for $5. Here's the link to the sale on Sephora's site: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259003&categoryId=B70 The gloss is a pretty orchid pink that is so nice. Very glad I bought it!

Also had a nice little visit to Bare Escentuals. When I was last at ULTA I needed a foundation refill and I asked a gal there to help suggest a shade for me. I could tell from the next day that it was off as it just didn't look or sit right. So went into an actual BE store and had one of their consultants help me out. Got my face all prettied up and ended up taking home the correct foundation color, as well as the blush and lip gloss the lady used on me. BE is having a great special where with a $60 purchase you get a FULL SIZED blush in Avant-Garden and a blush-sized jar of Hydrated Tinted Mineral Veil for freeeeeee. Love me some awesome freebies!
  • nolachick
    Options
    that's great pink! sounds like you got a good deal! i hate when they match ur foundation and when u get home or try it on again it doesnt look right. ithink its the lighting in the stores thats why i always get samples from sephora first.

well i got mytarte glow your way to gorgeous kit last wk and i liked everything except i ordered the concealer in medium so i sent it back today to exchange for the tan. i think med. was too light for me. (i want it for under eye circles)

well i'm going to go on a make up no buy for a while but i will continue to check in! :)
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yep.... I love makeup, but I can go without it too.

My favorite is MAC! Ohhhhh yeah :love: LOL
  • NicoleLauren17
    NicoleLauren17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love love love bella bamba!
  • nolachick
    Options
    i'm on a no buy for the month of august so you girls will have to fill me in on what goodies you've gotten and how you're liking them :smile:
  • nolachick
    Options
    wow 3months ago was the last make up addict post. hope ya'll are still out there and enjoying some new beautiful make up.

i placed an order on sephora to take advantage of the friends and family sale and i am ANXIOUSLY awaiting my order :smile:

i got the tarte lip set
    the tarte rising star palette
    the lorac bejewelled palette
    lancome definicils mascara and
    philosophy hope in a tube with spf (oil free)

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    I'm a nail polish addict. And a Nail art addict. I'm always on the hunt for new polish and nail art ideas.
  • nolachick
    Options
    its funny because i love make up more even tho u can on ly wear it for a few hours but i feel like nails chip and come off anyways so I dont go crazy with nail art but I am currently obsessed with gel nails that last way longer. i stick to the basic colors tho neutral, french manicure and sometimes red: :)
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have some make up, but my only thing that I would never leave the house with is my lipstick. i don't wear much make up at all but lipstick must always be on...i feel naked without it...lol.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK! :D

Nola, I've visited the promised land! I got invited to go to the Estee Lauder company store where everything is discounted...and then employees get 40% off of the discounted price...and then the friend who invited me bought me whatever I wanted using their quarterly store credit. It was SO much better than FAO Schwartz (where I was planning on being before the company store was mentioned). Did you know Estee Lauder owns a TON of companies? They own MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bumble& Bumble, Clinique, Coach (perfume), Origins, Smashbox, Aveda...I had no clue. It was like walking into the chocolate room in Willy Wonka's factory. The products in the store weren't current offerings, but were more of past collections/promotions/gifts with purchases. Who cares!

I came home with a Bobbi Brown lipgloss (one of my all time favorites, Rose Sugar), two MAC eyeshadows (Rani and Pink Split), and Coach Legacy perfume (in an adorable purse-sized bottle)! All for free, thanks to my fantastic and generous friend.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    don't know how to apply makeup correctly at all. thought about learning once i lose weight. :blushing: at least, i know where some makeup gurus are congregated. :tongue:
  • nolachick
    Options
    I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK! :D

Nola, I've visited the promised land! I got invited to go to the Estee Lauder company store where everything is discounted...and then employees get 40% off of the discounted price...and then the friend who invited me bought me whatever I wanted using their quarterly store credit. It was SO much better than FAO Schwartz (where I was planning on being before the company store was mentioned). Did you know Estee Lauder owns a TON of companies? They own MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bumble& Bumble, Clinique, Coach (perfume), Origins, Smashbox, Aveda...I had no clue. It was like walking into the chocolate room in Willy Wonka's factory. The products in the store weren't current offerings, but were more of past collections/promotions/gifts with purchases. Who cares!

I came home with a Bobbi Brown lipgloss (one of my all time favorites, Rose Sugar), two MAC eyeshadows (Rani and Pink Split), and Coach Legacy perfume (in an adorable purse-sized bottle)! All for free, thanks to my fantastic and generous friend.

wow! i'm so jealous! i know exactly what u mean, there's a makeup outlet nearyby (1hr) but the drive is so worth it cuz even tho the items are not currently in stock they have been discounted and sometimes u get awesome sets really cheap! i wud have lost it if i were u haha.

update for those of u makeup junkies or even those of u starting ur collection, the LORAC bejewelled kit from sephora is 100% worth the money! and right now if u go to sephora.com/friends you can get a 20% off coupon good on ur entire ONLINE order!

i am so happy with this purchase. i gotta say disappointed in the tarte rising start palette and thinking of taking it back. we'll see.

keep in touch make up addicts.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Makeup outlet! *drool* I need to go to one of those. This place was in NYC and I live in LA, so I really doubt I'll be back there again in the immediate future.

Did anyone else get the Sephora VIB 20% off (in-store and online) coupon?
  • nolachick
    Options
    i haven't gotten mine yet mine i almost dont want it cuz i shudnt be muying more stuff!

pink: make up outlets are awesome! u get to buy gift with purchase sets (which shud be free) but u dont have to purchase anything else like an instore purchase with purchase. example i boughtt last year's estee lauder holiday gift with purchase for $50 which is not bad considering in store it was free *with a $75 purchase. i thought it was worth it for 4 lipsticks, 4 blushes, 18 eyeshadows, make up remover, 3 eyeliners, make up case, mirros, and 3 make up brushes!

i've also gotten a bobbi brown concealer for like $11 pretty good but my cheap almay concealer is actually better.

speaking of i'm currently obsessed with finding the perfect concealer! what's everyone likeing right now? (for under eyes that is! )
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    I hear you on the drugstore brands being better than prestige cosmetics sometimes. Snce I started couponing I've been buying more drugstore makeup and I've been plesantly surprised by some of the things I find. Wet 'N Wild eyeshadow and nail polishes are fantastic. Maybelline Falsies mascara is my current fave. I'm no help on the concealers though because I am still addicted to Bare Minerals foundation/bronzer. I did try Revlon ageless (I think) concealer and it seemed pretty good. Got it for super cheap at Ulta.

Oh yeah and the whole "shouldn't be buying more"...definitely there too!! LOL I am out of Urban Decay Sinful Shadow Primer and eyeliner in Zero...two of my staples. And then I have my eye on this adorable little ring from Coach. I really don't need more treats for myself but holy crap are they tempting!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    pink what goodies have u been getting with coupons? i tried to get into it but i just havent had the time to get organized. what r some recent deals u've found?

i agree on WNW they are really good stuff especially the 8 pan palettes. the comfort zone palette is my absolute favorite - it has kept me out of trouble by not making me wish I had the UD naked palette which everyone has and everyone insists is awesome. i think its nice n all but i already have so many neutral palettes i can't justify buying another one!