"Move-it" Challenge 360 Minutes for Each Week in March

Options
Can you smell it? Spring is in the air!!! :love: Soon it will be time to shed that winter coat. What will you find underneath? :sad:

There's a sneaky little leprechan:devil: that's lurking around ready to play a trick with your scale. Let's show him who's boss and claim our territory.:smokin: So, you've go to make some time to time to Move it! Shake it! Jiggle it! Wiggle it! Bump it! Thump it! Stomp it! Womp it!! :bigsmile:

What's your plan? You gotta have one to make this happen.

Starting weight 179.8 (last month, I lost nearly 4 pounds)

The goals are:

1) 360 minutes of moving...it doesn't matter what kind you do or how you break it up

:flowerforyou: you can wash walls
:heart: do videos
:flowerforyou: walk your neighbors dog
:heart: just get busy!!!

Point is to keep moving and doing something

- or -

2) Burn 2500 to 3500 calories with a heart rate monitor

OK, who's in for Week #1, if at first you don't succeed, you keep trying...just keep coming back and reporting progress or non-progess...it doesn't matter...it keeps us accountable and that's how we commit to healthy lifestyles

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim so much for doing these challenges each month!! It is so motivativating and inspiring!! I am so in it! Going for 360 min next week!

Last month I lost only one pound. I knew it was too good to have 3 good months. Even though it was not a good month, I managed not to gain weight. So I will take it but will not settle with a 2nd month with only 1 pounds. I can do so much better with all the exercise that I do.

My lowest weight was 348 last month. SW 353 CW 352. So I had a month of yo-yoing in February. Plan for March is to get under 348 and stick it. I am going to lose at least 6 to 8 pounds in March. The plan is to eat under 2000 calories 5 days a week minimum. And to plan better for the weekends. The exercise is not an issue, I have to get the eating as good as the activity.

I made the challenge last week and here are last week totals!

3500 calories is the goal this week.

Mon: 1020 cal burned (50 bike, 40 weights)............................2480 cal left! (90 min)
    Tue: 395 cal burned (Leslie Sansone DVD).........................2085 cal left! (35 min)
    Wed: 816 cal burned (35 Elliptical, 40 weights)....................1269 cal left! (75 min)
    Thur: 888 cal burned (LS DVD).................................................. 381 cal left! (70 min)
    Fri: 779 cal burned (45 weights, 20 bike, 15 elliptical).............0 cal left! (80 min)
    Sat: 338 cal burned (LS DVD).........................................................0 cal left! (25 min)
    Sun: 456 cal burned (LS DVD).........................................................0 cal left! (35 min)

410 min / 4692 cal burned:heart::heart:

1192 calories over! and 50 min over 360!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

As Kim would say let's Move it! Shake it! Jiggle it! Wiggle it! Bump it! Thump it! Stomp it! Womp it!! Have a good week everyone!

[/quote]
    [/quote]
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Mollie, your welcome...Did you lose any weight last month? This is going to be an awesome week for me!!!:drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Mollie, your welcome...Did you lose any weight last month? This is going to be an awesome week for me!!!:drinker:
    Congrats on your awesome week!! and EXCELLENT on losing 4 pounds too!:flowerforyou:

Last month I lost only one pound. I knew it was too good to have 3 good months. Even though it was not a good month, I managed not to gain weight. So I will take it but will not settle with a 2nd month with only 1 pounds. I can do so much better with all the exercise that I do.

My lowest weight was 348 last month. SW 353 CW 352. So I had a month of yo-yoing in February. Plan for March is to get under 348 and stick it. I am going to lose at least 6 to 8 pounds in March. The plan is to eat under 2000 calories 5 days a week minimum. And to plan better for the weekends. The exercise is not an issue, I have to get the eating as good as the activity.
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am in again this month. I really enjoy the challenge and I need the accountability. The encouragement everyone gives is Wonderful :heart:!!!! I lost 6 lbs last month I plan to take off at least another 6 lbs during the month of March but it may be a little hard with all the business travel.

I am going to shoot for the goal of burning 4000 calories this week. It is less than the past few weeks but I know I will have a few days of travel.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The plan is to eat under 2000 calories 5 days a week minimum. And to plan better for the weekends. The exercise is not an issue, I have to get the eating as good as the activity.

PLANNING BETTER....that contribuated to my success this week by making a pot of homemade broccoli soup and dividing it into indivual containers. Then, I made a bunch of mini sandwiches, wrapped them and put them in the fridge. So, all my food was grab and go for lunches. I avoided the cafeteria and it's french fries and burgers.

I also discoverd Chobani yogurt...OMG, it's so good with only 140 calories, 0 fat and double the protein...I eat one almost everyday now. It's not sweet like the regular yogurts. It reminds me of when we lived in Germany and their yogury was super yummy.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    The plan is to eat under 2000 calories 5 days a week minimum. And to plan better for the weekends. The exercise is not an issue, I have to get the eating as good as the activity.

PLANNING BETTER....that contribuated to my success this week by making a pot of homemade broccoli soup and dividing it into indivual containers. Then, I made a bunch of mini sandwiches, wrapped them and put them in the fridge. So, all my food was grab and go for lunches. I avoided the cafeteria and it's french fries and burgers.

I also discoverd Chobani yogurt...OMG, it's so good with only 140 calories, 0 fat and double the protein...I eat one almost everyday now. It's not sweet like the regular yogurts. It reminds me of when we lived in Germany and their yogury was super yummy.

Thanks for the support! The Chobani yougurt is on sale here at one of the stores. I am not a fan of yougart but while on sale I am going to try 2 of them. I have 2 greek yougarts in my refrig now from Trader Joes. But I am read for this week for sure.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Kim, I am in again this month. I really enjoy the challenge and I need the accountability. The encouragement everyone gives is Wonderful :heart:!!!! I lost 6 lbs last month I plan to take off at least another 6 lbs during the month of March but it may be a little hard with all the business travel.

I am going to shoot for the goal of burning 4000 calories this week. It is less than the past few weeks but I know I will have a few days of travel.

Congrats Aablacknell!! That is awesome!!:flowerforyou:
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    I have to try this Chobani yogurt! That's one of the things I miss from when I was in Germany too.

I'm in for this challenge! I'll be doing the 360 minutes each week because I don't have a HRM yet.
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge this month. I haven't done the move it challenge for the last couple of months and I need to get back into it.
    I need help with scheduling and accountablilty with exercising.

I started workng YAY :drinker: but I didn't realize how hard it was to be commited to waking up early to workout or get it in after work. So, hopefully with no excuses and anything else this challenge will help me get focused and accountable to work out and commit to 360mins a week.

Besides, I want to get back to losing 2- 3 lbs a wk like I did in the beginning.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I'm in for 360 minutes of moving each week!:flowerforyou:
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I would like to give it a try. Won't be easy, but if I walk during lunch 5 days this week, that would be make it possible. Thanks for starting this.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I really need a push to get exercising again. starting 30DS on Tuesday too
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    can i join in? itll push me to go out and DO! :o)
  • ripple64
    Options
    Wooooot ... my first post! Do I join just by posting here? I'm totally in! Starting a new workout program this week at my gym. So need to get into better shape & loose a few pounds!

I appreciate any help & support!

Cheers!
    Sheryl
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    WOW, welcome to all the new people commited to the Move-it challenge! And congratz to all of you who lost weight last month.
    I am at 176 ( still, sigh) , but still in the game, I dumped my weight loss ticker in favor of one where I can record minutes of weight workouts per month. It is unmotivating to look at a ticker that rarely moves and all this moving and shaking is good for me and that is my focus. The fat will have to surrender sooner or later, cause I am not stopping!

The movers and shakers really burned the calories up last month, love to see your great results. Looking forward to another motivating month with you all!:flowerforyou: Alice
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome all new movers! :flowerforyou: Yep, the point to move your body any way you can handle it. :bigsmile: But, there are certain things that we just don't need to know:blushing: :smooched:

What if you have a MISERABLE week? Well, you log those lame minutes here anyway:grumble:

The point is, you stay ACCOUNTABLE!! To us and to yourself
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I would like to give it a try. Won't be easy, but if I walk during lunch 5 days this week, that would be make it possible. Thanks for starting this.

It can be as easy or hard as you make it...

1 super hour of cleaning the house (wash floors on hands and knee, vacuum under furniture)
    Walk/bike to the store (gas is 3.50 a gallon)
    Walk a neighbors' dog (they will love you)

So, right there...your house is clean, your neighbor loves you and you saved the planet!!! WOW, all that in a day
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I've officially lost 4.4 lbs this month! :drinker: Just wanted to say what great motivation this thread is and the people on it:flowerforyou:

Starting the month at 178.4....here's to dropping another 5 by the end of the month
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Morning, All!

I got in 60 minutes of exercise this morning! 20 Minutes on the mini stepper, 20 shredding, and 20 on the stationary bike.:happy:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    March Week 1

Monday 58/555 HRM

58/555
    302/2945