SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Friday! YAY! I can't wait for the weekend. I did my 2 miles thru the park today at lunch. I'm really enoying my walks there. It's a winding path with little bridges & lots of plants & flowers. It gives me a nice break from sitting all day too. There's a lookout deck that has a steep path that I might try tackling one day next week. We'll see.

Keep on walking everybody and have a happy friday!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I'm finally feeling better and am going to get back to trying some new workouts today. Gonna do one of the 10-Minute Carb Burner routines on Netflix.

Work is going well but I do wish it would warm up a bit.

I'll be working a couple of hours tomorrow since I came home sick on Monday. It's supposed to be nice in the morning--I hope so.

have a good day, all!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well I might not be able to walk yet, but I did 90 minutes tilling and working in the garden........ I will feel that tomorrow,
    Hopefully I can start walking again soon, Should be getting doctors report soon, praying that she will say it's ok to start exercising soon
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I got a 2 mile walk in outside today with the dog. Wish the sun would start shining! So tired of the cold weather. Noticed alot of flowers poking through so it will start to feel springy soon. Anxious to start gardening.

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    I'm at my conference but skipping one of the sessions due to disappointment and boredom at the content so far. Too much sitting too. Tonight we go to the Mall of America for dinner and I plan to move! I look forward to getting home and back on track with a consistent exercise routine and healthy eating.

Glad to see you are all doing so well and staying on track. Nice job Teresa and Constance with exercising and working through your cravings and fatigue. Sandy and Maynard walking the dog or walking in that park with the bridges sounds nice right now! Lucky you...

So more later and keep it up!

Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Walkers!

Another boring day on the treadmill 3 miles , 1 hour. Its hard to get myself out of the house before having to leave for work :indifferent:
    I Love the weekends and My Day Off on Wednesday's to take my nice long 2 hour walk outdoors. Thats when I feel the weight is dropping :happy:

It's Time to relax with the hubby. Everyone have a wonderful Weekend
    And WALK, WALk , WALK!!!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Saturday~ 20/W 1.5M
    Sunday~2M
    Monday~3.5M
    Tuesday~2M 10W
    Wednesday~2M 10W
    Thursday~2M 10W
    Friday~ 5M

Walk, Walk,Walk!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Walkers!
    I hope everyones having a wonderful Saturday

I walked to the mall 5.8 miles, I left at 6:30 AM. I won't do that again :blushing: My body likes food in it before I start walking for 2 hours. I came home and had breakfast & then went in the yard to shovel rocks out of a garden that took 1/2 hour then Swam laps in the pool for 15 minutes. I was so exhausted I almost fell asleep on the lounge chair. It is absolutely gorgeous out, the sun is shining and it's 88 degree's .

I'm ready to take a nap So I can clean the office later.

Oh! I logged 30 minutes for my weight lifting tomorrow on my ticker. But I'll add my walk in tomorrow, since Im not positive how far I'll walk.

Jenny, I knew the name sounded familiar the Mall Of America, I had to look that up online. WOW!!!!! I saw pictures, It looks like a kids play ground. It is Awesome! I would Love to go see that some day before I die. LMAO! And I thought we had a big mall. You will surely get a lot of walking in, I hope you have your HRM or Pedometer with you :wink: . I hope your enjoying yourself!

Okay time to say good bye for now, Nap time :yawn:
    Have a blessed weekend :flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Well I only gave myself credit for 2 miles walked at the conference. It was a lot of walking in the hotel from our room to the conference area but lots and lots of sitting in sessions. We took a shuttle to the MOA, it wasn't too far to walk but people I was with prefer the shuttle and one lady has a bad back. We didn't walk too far in the mall, maybe 1 1/2 miles total? No pedometer on so I'm estimating. Too much sitting, eating and drinking and I feel like a stuffed pig. In the morning I'm working out!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I walked 3 brisk miles with Leslie and did the resistance bands as part of the walk today. Worked up a nice sweat since I hadn't done much exercise in the past week. I feel better already. I guess your body gets use to exercise and when it doesn't get it, there is a difference! So now I need to shower and get something done around here! We may have a big spring storm headed our way. Iowa got a tornado that caused a lot of damage in a small town and this front may be heading here. Very muggy for this time of year today...

Enjoy your Sunday and take time to relax!
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Hope everyones having a Great Sunday!
    Jenny I hope the storm passes you by.

I walked 6.18 miles to the Pompano Mall and back Home. Beautiful weather out, sunny & 86 degrees.
    Now Im heading to lift the weights for 30 minutes, which I already logged, So I must do them :indifferent:

I'm cooking a whole chicken so I can freeze & have my meals ready all week. I should have done this long ago. I did it last week with carrots in it, It turned out great. Plus I had my Hambuger & Spaghetti sauce already prepared to. It was wonderful!

Bye! You all have a Great Night!!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I ended up taking the whole weekend off. Not good I know but it was fun. I got some work done around the house yesterday and we spent the entire day off on the motorcycle with some friends. It's still daylight outside but I'm so tired (and sunburned) I"m considering turning in for the night. I hope I'm able to walk tomorrow.

Another weekend over! :sad:
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, April Walkers!

Sandy, you noted that you took the weekend off; unfortunately, I took the week. :sad: Work is still crazy without my boss (he was let go the 10 days ago), and Tuesday my dad had surgery to remove seven cancerous tumors (he's doing well, and has a follow up appointment tomorrow). I thought for sure my weekly weigh-in would be a disaster, so I was pleased to have lost four pounds -- probably all from stress as I haven't been as careful with my eating or exercising, hoping to get back on track this week.

I tried a new Sansone workout today: Walk It Off & Tone It Up, 5 Mile. It was a good workout, but I was disappointed that the Firm Bands weren't really used that much.

Jenny, I've never been to the Mall of America, but have heard so much about it. Did you wear a pedometer to track how far you walked? Hope you also got some good deals at the stores. :smile:

Welcome, Maynard and Leslie. Kathy, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Have a great week, everyone!

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning, all!

I am starting back to exercising today--I ended up not doing ANY morning workout all last week! It is SO easy to get off track, isn't it?

Going to do the 10 Minute Carb Burner workout from Netflix and I will be doing lots of walking at work, too.

I did get a lot of yard work done over the weekend, as well as work a few hours on Saturday, so I did get some exercise in--and a couple of blisters on my hands, too!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello, Good evening!

I walked 1 hour on the treadmill today, 3 miles. Then got a workout cleaning for 2 1/2 hours.
    I'm also doing some gardening. I have a lot of work ahead of me, I'm planning on digging back up a small pond that I covered last year. I'm missing it! And now decided to bring it back. Lots of work & lots of calories will soon to burn.

Time to get the bicycle fixed, so I can start doing that for exercise. Oh, Im finally seeing some definition, toning in my legs and arms. Ever so slightly, But I see it! YAY!!! :drinker:

AZchatter.. congratulations on your weight loss, Thats fantastic!! I hope everything turns out well for your dad. :flowerforyou:
    Kathy ... sounds like your working really hard. Take care of them blisters. Ouch!
    Sandara .... motorcycle chick, How neat is that! To cool :happy:

Have A Great Evening! And Thank Goodness Monday is ending :drinker:
  • sandara
    Options
    Late checking in tonight. I did 2 miles at lunch today. I look like a lobster!

Sorry to hear about your Dad AZ, I hope he's better soon. I know you must really be stressed between work and home.

Kathy, I know what you mean about getting off track. Seems like I'm off as much as I'm on these days. But I guess every little bit helps.

Teresa, Your going strong as usual. Keep up the good work.
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Good Morning!!!

I pushed myself a little longer on the treadmill today 1 hour 15 minutes 3.99 miles, Then I put my 30 minutes of weight lifting in. I'm Glad Im done!! Now Im waiting to see if my job cancels me, Im hoping they will :bigsmile:

I finally went out and bought a bikini ( 2 piece) :blushing: , I haven't bought anything like that showing my belly in 15 years. Yeah I bought that two piece with the top covering the whole belly last year and the years before :blushing: . Yes! I have a little more to lose in the stomach before I wear it out to the beach, But in my back yard Im good :bigsmile:
    My Husband is finally complimenting me, Never in all the years being together has he complimented me. I had shorts on this past weekend and He really was Soooo sweet, saying how good I look :blushing: . We where out shopping and ran into his sister, that I haven't seen in 6 months and she was saying how great I look and my husband couldn't let it drop he blurted out that I lost 45 pounds because he was so proud. I WAS So EMBARRASED :blushing: . I told him he didn't have to say how much I lost right in front of the cashiers at Sports Authority. :laugh: Im so glad he's proud of me, but that was so embarrasing .

:heart: I LUV THIS Challenge! I LUV MFP.com
    & I Love you all for your Friendship & Support
    oxoxx
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    April Week 2

Monday~4M 20M/W
    Tuesday~3.5M +Lawn work

Walk, Walk, Walk!

A bikini, Wow Teresa! You go girl. Thank you for the inspiration. So glad you all are here to share the walk with!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Teresa-I'm so impressed that you bought a bikini! No matter how much I lose I don't think I could pull that off. Congrats to the Florida beauty! Very proud of your 45 pounds and all the compliments you are receiving, well deserved!

I managed to walk 3 miles with Leslie tonight, felt good! I got home too late to walk outside. Good night everyone!

Jenny
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi walkers...
    Hope everyone had a great weekend... I sure did and was really good and got in 7 miles total, but yesterday and today I was really bad. I must confess i didn't do anything.:sad: I need to be better about getting on here everyday because you guys all make me fell guilty about wanting to be lazy.. i can do this, and tomorrow is a new day and I'll be good again and get my walking in
    thanks everyone and keep moving :flowerforyou: