SWaT Walking Group

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• Annie4637
    Annie4637 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just started using this web site about a month ago and so far I think that it's pretty awesome. I have been using walking as my main form of exercise along with using my Total Gym. The last time I was able to walk this week was on Monday and it was for 30 minutes. The last two days I haven't been able to do so due the weather. So tonight and the rest of the week we're supposed to have nice weather and I'm planning on walking for at least an hour. I'll keep you posted!

Lisa :wink:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Annie!

I've been slacking again the last couple of days. Sometimes things just don't work out as you plan but I'm learning to live with it! :tongue: I have another flea market trip planned this weekend so I'll be doing lots of walking Saturday. My husband is practicing up for a golf tournament with his coworkers so I have some time to spend with my teenagers. They like the flea markets as much as I do. I never buy very much I just love looking and it is good exercise too. And I have found some good bargains along the way.

Everyone say a prayer for all those hit with the storms and tornadoes. Fortunately my area fared well and there is very little damage here.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!:flowerforyou:

Waiting for nice weather in Minnesota to walk outside more consistently. :ohwell:

I did 5 miles with Leslie Sansone 5 mile Tone and Shape Up DVD tonight. It felt so good to move and sweat even if it was in front of the TV. I did well with my eating today and feel good about that. Work is going to get rough in the next few weeks and I have some decisions to make that affect what I do for a living. Why does everything always have to change? Can't anything related to my job ever just be the same from one year to the next so the stress level stays low? Ugh!:grumble:

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Morning ladies, I did no walking yesterday. I helped my husband move furniture into a new office, and did the Crunch lower body workout.
    Tuesday~79Minutes/ Mixed workout 2.5M
    Wednesday~93Minutes TE Workout+ 3miles
    Thursday~Agricise did not keep track of the walking :<{ But I was moving:<}

I have completely lost rack of my mile count for the month! Phooey!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    I passed both my goals this month, Horray!!! :drinker:

You all mean so much to me, Thank You!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Teresa- You are an inspiration to all of us. Very dedicated and consistent with your exercise. In addition your sunny disposition is greatly needed by me right now. Work is stressful and I'm fighting hard to not resort to emotional eating which is my former way to cope. Scale's not moving right now but it's not going up either so that is success! Congrats on meeting your goals. I will do better next month. The bike is coming out tomorrow and I will add that in to my weekly exercise. Hopefully outside walks will happen soon. Rainy and gloomy here today...

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I slept late, needed it, and after my coffee will plan my lunch since breakfast is already passed and I was not awake. Hubbie knew I needed the sleep and kept the pets away and the noise down so I could sleep. Never sleep late so I guess I needed it.

Have a nice day everyone. I'll plan my goals for May and post tonight or tomorrow.

Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    May Thread coming right up! :bigsmile:
  • sandara
    Options
    Come on over everybody! :happy:

I didn't do so well this month so I really need to get committed to my workouts again! So here we go for May!

Oops! Almost forgot the link! :blushing:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229795-swat-walking-group-may-walk
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~Morning ladies, I did no walking yesterday. I helped my husband move furniture into a new office, and did the Crunch lower body workout.
    Tuesday~79Minutes/ Mixed workout 2.5M
    Wednesday~93Minutes TE Workout+ 3miles
    Thursday~Agricise did not keep track of the walking :<{ But I was moving:<}
    Friday~2M
    Saturday~3M

I have completely lost rack of my mile count for the month! Phooey!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone for completing your April goals! See you in the May thread (thanks, Sandy!)

exercise.png
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This will be my fourth month in participating. I love to run but walking is so much easier on my joints and knees. Lol
    I have reach my weight lost goal which originally 200 pounds. But I decided to lose a extra 31 pounds for good measure.
    Walking will help me to maintain my current weight . Sandy you are a wonderful person in taking the time to organize this .
    Goal 120 miles for the month of April .
    Judith