SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Sandara! :flowerforyou:
    I agree with Jenny, Don't leave us!! Your maintaining now, Just check in when every you feel like it, Don't feel like you have to every week or every couple of days. Another 15 pounds and I think I'll be maintaining and I'm sticking on here to keep me going. This is a life journey, we need to stay mindful So as not to fall back to where we were.

After my 30 minute swim today, My arms and my legs were sore. So it was difficult to push myself to lift the weights. I knew I had to do them, So some of the weights I made a little lighter and some I stayed the same and was okay with.

Jenny!! Great Walking and jogging today. Awesome!! That was some workout you did :drinker:

Maynard!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!! :flowerforyou:

Have A GREAT NIGHT You All !!!!:happy:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    KATHY!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS On your ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY Quitting smoking and losing 45 pounds too. YOUR AMAZING!!!!! Hats off to you, I applaud You! I quit smoking cigarettes about 20 years ago, BUt thats when my weight sky rocketed. BIG HUG :drinker:

Thanks but that's 45 lbs TO GO, not lost. I put on about 10 pounds since quitting and it has been a real struggle to get it off again! I will NOT give up, though!

Sandy, Hang in there! I don't have as much time, either, and i will probably have less since I'll be working more hours soon. We are a team and we can all work together to keep this thread going.
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good morning Walkers!!

AZCHATTER ..... :heart: My Heart goes out to you and your Dad! ( And Family) I'll be praying God pull's him through this And helps him be strong through Chemo. Your going through a lot right now with work too, Be strong! [ BIG huge hug]

Kathy
    Oh!! Sorry! You lost 70 pounds instead of 45 . Huge difference. Your rocking it!! I'm So proud of you!!!

I'm feeling very tired and weak today, plus my arms are sore from the 30 minutes swim in the pool from yesterday. So I only walked the treadmill 40 minutes today = 2 miles.
    I'm off Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday for a month So hopefully I'll make up for my slow days I've been having.

Have a Great Week every one!!

:heart: Teresa
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I don't really want to leave, I just feel like I haven't been keeping up my part lately. I am still trying but it seems to be a lot harder staying on track these days.

I did get in my 2.5 miles at lunch today. It just seems like I can't talk myself into anything once I get home. I think I need a vacation! Maybe I'll walk down and see Teresa at the beach.
    :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Sandara don't you dare quit. :cry: I walk here because I like the people in the neighborhood. I look forward to hearing from each of you and hearing how you are doing. I expect to see your faces when I check in. You are walking the walk and have amazing weightloss. What's the failure in success?:flowerforyou:

Do what you can and check in everyday, because we'll miss you otherwise. There is nothing wrong with taking a break.

AZ-so sorry to hear you Father is in this battle. Bless his heart for the great attitude, it is a big help.

Time for my night rounds, looking forward to seeing you "all" tomorrow!:drinker:

Forgot to put my walk down:blushing: 4M PW and Eliptical Nite all
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- Zumba was fun and a really good workout tonight. My legs and knees are still sore from jogging yesterday. Sounds like everyone is hanging in there and moving forward on this journey. I just want some warm weather so I can garden and enjoy being outside. Seems like spring will never arrive. I also know when it gets hot and humid I'll be complaining about that too and wishing for winter!:ohwell:

Jenny
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Blizzard today, ahhhhhh phoooey!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Afternoon Walkers!

I was in a funk for 2 days, But im back! I just finished walking 6.1 miles and sometime after lunch I will lift weights for 30 minutes.

It's so wonderful to have OFF!! Time to really take care of Me!!!!

I actually surprised myself today, I was pulling up my hair in a ponytail, for my walk And I actually saw well defined muscles in my Arm's. I was really shocked and just gave a smile. Never did I think you could see results that quickly. I hope in 6 months Im ripped LMAO. To Funny for a 48 yr old sagging women. :laugh:

Wow! Alice, Becareful. Tell us how that went? I didn't realize it's actually snowing in some places. It's so darn hot here & I've been here my whole life, It's hard to realize the weather is so drasticaly different from here. ( I feel like I live in a bubble) :blushing:

Take Care everyone And have a Great Week!!!!!!!

:heart: Terry
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    091215Bank2_t607.jpg

IN!!

wait......
    oh man..

nevermind.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Well we have several inches, it has snowed, lighteninged and thundered, hailed, rained, sleeted, and now it's back to a thunder snow. The weather motto here is " If you don't like it, wait 15 minutes it will change."

Must get up and exercise, so far all I have done out of the norm is fill all the bird feeders.

It looks alot more dangerous where bmonygomery87 is! Very clever!:bigsmile: I am trying to pcture all of us in SWAT gear!:laugh:

Onward and upward, Alice
  • sandara
    Options
    :laugh: Hey Alice I bet all that heavy swat gear would really help burn the calories. Hmmm, maybe I should try walking in my riding gear, It would be almost as heavy!

I did my 2.5 miles at lunch again and the weather here is low eighties. I can't imagine having all that weather in one day Alice. We'll have to box you up some of our sunshine and send it to you! Stay warm!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Monday~4M PW and Eliptical
    Tuesday~4M PW&Elliptical 29M Weights and snowshoveling

Walk, Walk, Walk!

April wk 4/18/2011
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Good morning everyone! We woke up to winter wonderland again today April 20th! I'm wearing a black turtleneck sweater that should have been put away by now but it keeps me warm and fits my mood. Yay for Zumba tonight! I need it...

Jenny
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all.

We're getting our 4th day of sunny weather in a row! Gonna be spoiled! Still windy and cooler than normal (snowing a bit in some places here, too!).

I tried a Standing Pilates routine the last 2 days. Fun AND a LOT harder than it looks! I'm actually sore from it this morning so will try something else today. It is definitely staying on my list, though!

Doing lots of walking and 'strength training' at work--BIG deliveries again today--3 days in a row! Somebody must think spring has arrived! LOL!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

Walked 5.8 miles this morning, Now heading in the pool for a swim and then off tonight to my cleaning job.

It's 84 degrees and Sunny. Beautiful Weather

Everyone have a wonderful Day!!!!!
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Wednesday~ 2M~The Trainers Edge Workout~Firewood total 103M/965 calories (ouch)

Walk, Walk, Walk!

April wk 4/18/2011
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Zumba felt great and it is a wonderful stress reliever right now! Cold and blustery today but snow is melting. Hope you all had a nice day!
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello Walkers!! :flowerforyou:

I got my walk on the treadmill today 3 miles and then right after I did my 30 minutes of weight training.

Have a Great Night!!!!!
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I didn't get to walk yesterday but I did get in my 2 1/2 mile lunch walk. It was so humid here today after the rains last night.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend! I am as usual. :happy:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    Wednesday~ 2M~The Trainers Edge Workout~Firewood total 103M/965 calories (ouch) 15M/weights
    Thursday~1.5M~The other Trainers Edge workout, smiling exernazi power pilates 60M/592 Tsk, tsk, tsk, Alice, thats a baaad attitude.

Onward and upward!!!!!!