• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    March 25's goals:
    1. have lunch with a friend. YES
    2. workout from home for atleast an hour. YES
    3. work on abs and arms. YES
    4. keep up with the water. SO-SO

I'm going to post Saturday's while I'm here.
    March 26's goals:
    1. put dinner in the crock pot early. YES
    2. workout before my daughter's tumbling class. NO
    3. pack a snack since I will be out during lunch. YES
    4. practice portion control. NO

I didn't have the best day yesterday. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I had two much soda, not enough water. Too much meat and bread, not enough fruits and veggies. But I will do better today!

March 27's goals:
    1. Make sure there are no leftovers before I start cooking more food.
    2. Pick up a few things from the market.
    3. Shred (yea, I'm going to try to get back into it.)
    4. zumba on wii
    5. 2 loads of laundry
    6. drink more water.
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Seems a lot of us are having trouble drinking the water lately! I just forget to drink it--it's not like I don't like water because I do. I am going to try and concentrate on water this weekend.
    This is EXACTLY the same problem that I have! Even before I started this thing, I would drink water over pop (soda, whatever you call it) when I went out and never bought the stuff. I honestly just don't like it! But, as you all have been able to see in my goals, I am STILL struggling with drinking enough water regularly.
    3-26-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water, depending on sodium - No, 5
    2. Under on calories, carbs and fats - Yes
    3. Week 2, Day 2 of sit-up challenge, preferably SOON so I can maybe do Day 3 tomorrow night and catch up next week - No, not at all.... I think I'm just going to redo Week 2 this coming week.
    4. Do some other type of exercise - No, too busy working on trying to do the non-fitness stuff.

3-26-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Get to the bank to deposit paycheck -Yes
    2. Pay Sears bill - Yes (Even paid a second store card that is due soon while I was at the mall because I'd learned my cash flow was slightly better right now than I thought.)
    3. Update finances and start taxes - Yes (Started at least, I need to finish them today.) and no. But I DID get most of one of the applications finished, and the only part I didn't finish I need information I can't get until Monday.
    4. Put away laundry - Started, didn't finish

So, made a LITTLE bit of progress on my goals yesterday. Hoping to further improve today!

3-27-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water, depending on sodium
    2. Under on calories, carbs and fats
    3. Week 2, Day 1 of sit-up challenge
    4. Do some other type of exercise (Maybe even get to the gym?)
    5. Bed by 10:30

3-27-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Finish updating finances and start taxes
    2. Clean bedroom
    3. Post goals for tomorrow before I go to bed
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    midday check in for March 27.
    March 27's goals:
    1. Make sure there are no leftovers before I start cooking more food. YES
    2. Pick up a few things from the market. YES
    3. Shred (yea, I'm going to try to get back into it.) YES
    4. zumba on wii NOT YET
    5. 2 loads of laundry 1 OF 2
    6. drink more water. YES

I will post March 28's goals in case I don't get a chance to come back on tonight.

1. Schedule a dentist appointment for my daughter.
    2. Mail my aunt's letter.
    3. Shred.
    4. stay within calories.
    5. continue drinking water all day long.

That's all I have for now!
  • SKismet
    Options
    Well, not such a great day again today, goal-wise. :embarassed:
    3-27-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water, depending on sodium - Possibly?
    2. Under on calories, carbs and fats - Screwed up by splitting a dessert with my bf. :ohwell: Shoulda stuck with my instincts and skipped it!
    3. Week 2, Day 1 of sit-up challenge - No, guess I'll be going with the MWF schedule again this week (hopefully)
    4. Do some other type of exercise (Maybe even get to the gym?) - No such luck....
    5. Bed by 10:30 - Looking promising

3-27-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Finish updating finances and start taxes - No, but yes!
    2. Clean bedroom - A little, still needs a lot more work
    3. Post goals for tomorrow before I go to bed - That's what this is! lol

3-28-2011 fitness goals
    3. Week 2, Day 1 of sit-up challenge
    4. Do some other type of exercise (Maybe even get to the gym?)
    5. Bed by 10:30

3-28-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Complete application for financial assistance that I started the other day
    2. Finish updating finances AND finish federal taxes
    3. Post goals for Tuesday before bed
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options

Goals for today are:
    1. C25k – No
    2. Draw and paint - No
    3. House work :grumble: - Yes
    4. Stay under on calories - No
    5. Water! - Yes

I’m pretty embarrassed to come back and say just how badly I did at the weekend. The whole weekend felt like when I was writing my dissertation at Uni, suddenly everything else is soooo interesting and really does need to be done. I don’t know why I’m putting off the art work. I love it; nothing makes me happier but apparently sorting my music by beats per minute so that I’m listening to the perfect music while running. Not that I actually went running mind you, I was busy making a running playlist! :explode: I’m so angry at myself.

Sorry rant over :embarassed: . New week, new start.

Goals for Monday:

1. I WILL be under on calories
    2. Water
    3. C25k – No excuses

Have a great day everyone!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for March 27:
    1. Water, water, water!--Better.
    2. Walk outside and do some work in the yard.--No, poured rain all day and hung out with my grandson instead.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes.
    4. Get to bed on time.--Almost.

Well, the weekend wasn't a total bust but I didn't get much walking in. Hope to do better.

I've been good at keeping the added sugars and simple carbs out of ny diet and I do feel better.

Goals for March 28:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.
    4. GET TO BED ON TIME!!! (By 9:30)

Have a good one, all!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ok well since I thought this weekend was going to be bad and I didn't log anything all weekend I have no idea how I really did. I ate out for most meals from Friday night on. Didn't eat a whole lot yesterday until hubby decided that he wanted to go to the local japanese place. Hibachi was yummy and I went with the shrimp and veggies so yummy :love: Its a little local restuarant that just opened up last year and its one of our faves in town.

Bought a new fridge and stove:happy: :love: Old ones went to my SIL since she just moved into a trailer and it didn't have any applainces. New ones look so much better but now I need a new range hood hehe. The old brown one looks really silly with black and stainless. Will wait until we get my hubby's school dispersement and probably go buy a microwave range hood in stainless. Saw one at the place we got the applainces for just under $300 and its one that is regularly $900. They had 3 sitting in the back clearance area. He will get his money from school in about 2 weeks so they should still be there.

So goals for today 3/28
    1. Water
    2. clean up all the crap that is all over from moving in the new stuff
    3. laundry

Lets all do better with our water:) We all seem to be having problems with that lately!! hehe Have a good day everyone!!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Goals for Friday:
    1. Water - at least 10 cups. YES
    2. Walk or some form of exercise now the foot is starting to get stronger and feel better. YES
    3. Healthy dinner. TOTALLY BOMBED!!

Goals for Saturday:
    1. Drink water throughout the day. KIND OF
    2. Be a sponge for soaking in knowledge from all the experts at the show! I TRIED!
    3. Healthy food. YES
    4. Have fun! YES

Thanks for all your wishes about my niece! Hoping to pop over there this weekend and I can't wait! Kathy I'm totally with you on being able to give them back when they get cranky! The benefits of being an aunt/grandmother!!

The Vitality Show on Saturday was actually pretty great. We walked around for hours. There were people joining in on exercise and talks etc but we mainly had fun going to all the stalls.

Kim I'm with you completely on proscrastinating! In fact sometimes I think I'm the master of it!! I did exactly the same thing with making a running playlist and by the time I finished it was too late to go for a run much to my disappointment/relief!!

Rav sounds like you're loving buying new bits and pieces for your house! I LOVE a bargain so fingers crossed the microwave is still there.

SK how are you finding your sit up challenge?

Lee you're a rockstar doing shred again! Is this your third time around? I still haven't finished the first one I'm ashamed to say!

Right on to my goals...

A bit late to post for today but have done well. Training this morning and going to Pilates soon. So far I've had 8 cups of water and healthy food so hopefully I don't sabotage myself later today.

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Water.
    2. Under on cals.
    3. Gym after work.
    4. Stop stressing at work. I'm really hating it at the moment but nothing I can do about it.

Have a great day!
  • SKismet
    Options
    Well, there were 2 things I didn't take into consideration when I made my goals for today. 1) That I wasn't going to be home until 5. 2) It's that "TOM" and I'm feeling totally BLAH. (Not to get majorly into details, but my cycle is a bit of a mess and when I actually HAVE a "TOM" it can be pretty rough.)
    3-28-2011 fitness goals
    1. 6-10 cups of water, depending on sodium - Just made it! 6 1/2
    2. Under on calories, carbs and fats - Over on fat according to MFP thanks to my dinner.... HOWEVER, I'm not sure it actually had as much fat as was calculated from the recipe because I cleaned of a bunch of solidified fat before reheating it.
    3. Week 2, Day 1 of sit-up challenge - Just pushed it out.
    4. Do some other type of exercise (Maybe even get to the gym?) - No
    5. Bed by 10:30 - Not so much....

3-28-2011 non-fitness goals
    1. Complete application for financial assistance that I started the other day - Tried, by the time I could call, the offices were apparently already closed.
    2. Finish updating finances AND finish federal taxes - No
    3. Post goals for Tuesday before bed - Here they are!

K - Oh, do I ever hear you about the procrastination! There are times I feel like I should just not touch my computer for a day or two and see how much more I would be able to accomplish....

Kathy - Way to go with cutting sugars and simple carbs! Right now, I honestly don't know that I could manage it.

Rav - So glad to hear you've found new appliances you like! Hope that hood stays available for you.

Nam - First off, so glad to hear your foot has improved! As far as the sit-up challenge, if I could actually make myself do it with regularity, I think it would be doing me quite a bit of good. It's giving me a pretty decent ab burn. Of course, that could partially be because my abs aren't in that great of shape, so doing practically ANY ab work would do that! :laugh:

In case you're interested in trying it, here's the site: http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

3-29-2011 goals
    3. Do SOME KIND of exercise
    4. Figure out a way to finish that application. I'd rather mail it, but if I have to do it online, so be it.

As of right now, I'm not working tomorrow, but I sort of expect that to change. If it DOESN'T I might add some other goals to this in the morning.
  • frubjious
    Options
    Goals for Monday:

1. I WILL be under on calories –Yes!
    2. Water – Yes!
    3. C25k – Partly

Morning Everyone!

Lol, I’m glad I’m not alone in the procrastination!

SK- Hope you're feeling OK.

Rav – I’m so jealous, I’d love to redo our kitchen, I think it’s still the same one as when the house was built in the 60s! It’s ugly as anything but is showing no signs of wearing out!

Yesterday was one of those turn around days. I got back from work tired and fed up, forced myself out the door to run. Just the walk to the park really perked me up. Unfortunately when I got to the park I had a bit of a trousers too large issue that meant I had to cut things short and was giggling the whole way home. I might go to a different park to run tonight though.

Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Under on Calories
    2. Water
    3. C25k

Have a lovely day everyone!
    Kx
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    March 28's recap:
    March 28's goals:
    1. Schedule a dentist appointment for my daughter. YES
    2. Mail my aunt's letter. NO
    3. Shred. YES
    4. stay within calories. ALMOST
    5. continue drinking water all day long. YES

That's all I have for now!

March 29's goals:
    1. go to kickboxing in the am
    2. shred in the afternoon.
    3. abs and lunges
    4. drink lots and lots of water.

non-fitness goals:
    1. get to the post office.
    2. drop off the bags and bags of clothes to the salvation army.
    3. get an oil change.
    4. pick up more fruit.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for March 28:
    1. Water.--Just okay.
    2. Exercise and yoga before work.--No, but worked on the front lawn for over an hour after work--lots of dead moss got pulled up!
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--Yes.
    4. GET TO BED ON TIME!!! (By 9:30)--Yes.

Nam--hope things start getting better at work. Last week was a stessful one for me but the problem seems to be solved (for the moment!). (The problem is a certain person's rude attitude.)

Rav--The one thing I'd like for our kitchen is a bigger freezer! We have a fridge with water and ice in the door and that REALLY cuts into the freezer space!

Kim--Procrastination is my middle name! I was reading that people who procrastinate tend to be more creative, though. Something to do with waiting for inspiration to strike.

Leela--At least you have the letter written! I need to write to my godmother today. (I keep forgetting--isn't that AWFUL!?!)

Well, guess I'd better get things started here! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Goals for March 28:
    1 Water!
    2. Exercise before work, yoga if shoulder is feeling better.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.
    4. Bed by 9:30.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Been a couple days but I've been doing ok. Getting better on the late night snacking but I'm not out of the woods yet.

So goals for this week:

1. Water. I'm up to about 6 cups a day so I would like to get to 8.
    2. Don't take the bus anywhere. I don't have much extra time for the gym but if I walk everywhere I need to go I'll be putting in at least a mile a day. Usually more.
    3. No more late night snacking.

Have a good week! I'll be checking in when I can.
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    So goals for today 3/28
    1. Water-NOT NEARLY ENOUGH
    2. clean up all the crap that is all over from moving in the new stuff-FAIL
    3. laundry-FAIL
    Ok bad start to the week. Just gonna chuck it up to a case of the Monday's. I had them pretty bad yesterday. My energy level just hit rock bottom about an hour after I was up. Not good. Today I'm strating off there so hopefully getting myself up and movign will improve it:)

Nam, they should still be there. Most people don't even realize the room is back there its kinda hiden in the back of the store. Also there were 3 of them and they have been there for the last 4 months. Thanks for keeping those fingers crossed though:)

SK, Thanks:) Understand about your TOM Mine is always haywire and crappy too. Hope you feel better soon.

Frub, My house was built in 65 and still has all the original cabinets in it. I'd love to replace them. We just don't have the money to buy them right now. We are trying to save the money so we can hopefully do it in a couple of years. But we have to redo the floors too cause it still has the ugly olive green carpet in there. We want to put in a laminate wood floor. We just replaced the white stove with a black and stainless and the 40 yr old fridge with a nice side by side.

Kathy, Ours has that too but the freezer in the new one is bigger than the freezer in our old fridge. Also depending on the age of your fridge its possible mine is smaller than yours when it comes to the ice maker. They seem to have shrank alot cause my parents is alot bigger than the one in mine. They've had their fridge for about 15 yrs now.

So goals for 3/29
    1. Oil change in car if they aren't too busy. There was a 2 hr wait yesterday where I go and normally it only takes about 30mins.
    2. CLEAN
    3. WATER
    4. LAUNDRY
    5. got some shopping to get done this morning too. Hopefully I can pull that all off. I need to get off my but at night but the hubby makes it so hard sometimes when he's being the cuddly one. I love me some cuddles. :blushing:
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    midday check in:
    March 29's goals:
    1. go to kickboxing in the am YES
    2. shred in the afternoon. SOON
    3. abs and lunges SOON
    4. drink lots and lots of water. SORT OF

non-fitness goals:
    1. get to the post office. YES
    2. drop off the bags and bags of clothes to the salvation army. YES
    3. get an oil change. YES
    4. pick up more fruit. YES

So I've done all the non fitness goals. I just have to get busy on the fitness goals. I'm going to have another drink of water now! Kickboxing was great. I also did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Going to shred now. Its just harder this week because I usually do it while my daughter is in school.
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    3.29.11 Goals:
    1) WATER
    2) AM Exercise - CHECK
    3) Choose healthy meals - 600 cals still to go for dinner :o)
    4) PM Exercise - Bowling tonight
  • Ravyn1982
    Options
    So goals for 3/29
    1. Oil change in car if they aren't too busy. There was a 2 hr wait yesterday where I go and normally it only takes about 30mins.-DONE
    2. CLEAN-FAIL
    3. WATER-DOING OK
    4. LAUNDRY-FAIL
    5. got some shopping to get done this morning too. Hopefully I can pull that all off. I need to get off my but at night but the hubby makes it so hard sometimes when he's being the cuddly one. I love me some cuddles. :blushing:- FAIL

Well I do have a reason for not finishing today. I got my thumb caught in the car door this morning. It still hurts but I didn't break anything so I'm ok. It hurt like hell though so I've been babying it all day. Hoping that tomorrow it feels better and I can get the ball rolling on this week. Its pretty swollen still and hard to move. My daughter closed her door on my hand as I was closing my door too. The scream I let out was pretty loud and a guy I didn't know was concerned enough to make sure I was alright. My hubby who used to be an EMT has checked me out and says it doesn't feel like anything is broken.

So goals for tomorrow 3/30
    1. WATER
    2. SHOPPING
    3. Will depend on how my thumb is feeling...Don't want to commit to anything I can't do.

I'm getting ready for bed so Goodnight everyone! Hope you all had a good day and that you all have a good night.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    So I finished the rest of my goals. Shredding and water. Also did my walking lunges as part of another challenge that I'm in.
    Going to set up goals for Wednesday.
    March 30's goals:
    1. Soak before and after zumba.
    2. 20 minutes of cardio plus zumba plus training
    3. Shred (maybe)
    4. only drink water and tea.
    5. avoid snacking in between meals. (I'm starting to become a little too friendly with the jar of peanut butter again. And I'm willing to admit that it is becoming a problem that I need to end now).
  • frubjious
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday:
    1. Under on Calories - Yes
    2. Water - Yes
    3. C25k - Yes

Morning Everyone!

:yawn: I'm so sleepy today I can't seem to get going.

Goals for Wednesday:
    1. Go running with friend this evening if the weather holds
    2. Sort out hen party accomodation.
    3. Water!

Have a good day.
    Kx
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for March 28:
    1 Water!--Better.
    2. Exercise before work, yoga if shoulder is feeling better.--Yes to exercise, no to yoga.
    3. Stick to my eating plan.--No.:grumble:
    4. Bed by 9:30.--Yes.

Rav--Yeah, our fridge is kind of old and the ice-maker seems to take up about 1/3 of the freezer space. Maybe it's just that in winter I buy more frozen veggies. I'm thinking of getting a small freezer to stick in the garage. Hope your thumb feels better soon! (I've done that--NOT fun!)

Nicole--I succumbed to the evening snacking last night and totally blew my 'no added sugar or simple carbs' plan. Good thing is--today is a new day and a fresh start!

Goals for March 30:
    1. Water!
    2. Exercise before work (yoga after work?)
    3. STICK TO MY EATING PLAN!
    4. Bed by 9:30.