Modern Day Pin-up Girls! - Week 1

Options

Replies

• sheilabennett
    Options
    I love that there are so many new people!!! I just had an amazing work out - I hope this trend continues!!!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

It's great to see so many back in for this new round! Let's all stick to it and keep this motivation going over the next ten weeks and beyond!

I got bullied into signing up for a 10K in May and given that I haven't run for longer than about 15 minutes I need to get training on that. So my goals for this week are to run at least 3 times and get that discipline back with my eating. The closer I get to goal I seem to be sabotaging myself. That has got to stop.

Hope you all have a great week!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post my week one goals yesterday (spent a good part of the day in bed with a headache)-

*Drink a MINIMUM of 80 oz of water everyday
    *Get a MINIMUM of seven hours sleep every night
    *Three days of 30DS
    *Three days of running
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    Good morning ladies :) SO PUMPED about being able to join you all. Ive seen the progress the last group had for their 10 weeks and that is just amazing.. (applause). Im ready to kick *kitten* and look good doing it :) Good luck everyone

Goals:

Try to get as close to my 8 glasses of water as I can (I normally cant drink more than 6 for some reason)
    Workout with my Jackie Warner dvd 3 times a week and Yoga at least 2 days
    Stay under my calories EVERY day
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    hi rach... please start me at 214.6 :(
  • valeriedent2
    Options
    Good morning!! I'm sorry I missed checking in yesterday. I'm at 202 right now. :(
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Alright....I think I have everyone's updates and revised weights. Wow. Lots of members!

I've decided to try and get almost completely away from processed foods. I'm trying to cut out breads and go for complex carbs instead and trying my best not to eat anything that comes in a cardboard box and has a flavor packet. lol We'll see how this goes. Stocking up on fresh veggies and some chicken breast tonight. My goal is to also try and fit fresh fish into the budget once a week. We had tilapia last time, so I'm thinking salmon this week. Mmmmmmm.

I bought a new digital scale last night because my analog was so hard to read, and of course it was 5 or 6lbs higher than the last. Oh well. That means more of me can go ;)
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well today is WI day for me at WW. I'm hoping I lose something this week. This last week was my Birthday week and I went out 2wice which I'm sure messed with my whole week. I did get in some good workouts and I'm hoping that helps a little bit,

Off to drink my water for the day.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies!! hope everyone is as pumped for today as i am!! i had a good night of workouts i got some walking in, rode my trike, and did some time with my gazelle. i definitly slept good last night.

have a wonderful day! we are having a girls day at work so lunch and pedicures then tomorrow i have the day off. have to see the orthopedic for my back but then the rest of my birthday is all mine!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    VBos: I love your ticker picture!!!! :love: :love: :love: :laugh:
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    This week I will
    1. recognize when I'm stress eating
    2. do sit-ups, benching light weights, and side leg raises every other day
    3. try to do the elliptical daily
    4. avoid the (literally) daily bake sales at my school, try to drink
    5. Continue to focus most of my diet on fruits, vegetables, dairy, and eggs. If I reach for processed foods, I'll try to stick to the least processed/most organic foods.
    6. Allow myself to have a pastry on St Joseph's day (basically I need to remember this is NOT all or nothing, there is room for enjoyment in the mist of HEALTHY weight loss)

Good luck everyone! Add me if you want <3
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pin-Ups!

And we are off on another 10 week challenge! ^5 to everyone!

Rach posted this comment on a thread and I thought that it would be a great idea/reminder for us here.

"Stick. It. Out.

Get off the scale and get out the measuring tape once a month."

Not all victories are measured on the scale!

Have a great day ladies!

Karen
  • WriteNovels
    WriteNovels Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am really excited for these next 10 weeks! I have been feeling so much better about my body. My weight is coming off slowly but I see the difference in my body everyday.

Goals:
    -Keep up the water.
    -Workout 5 times a week.
    -No fast food.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pin-Ups!

Rach posted this comment on a thread and I thought that it would be a great idea/reminder for us here.

"Stick. It. Out.

Have a great day ladies!

Karen

Awwww I'm glad that was a bit of motivation....I was more annoyed with the constant "oh my god i gained 2lbs!" posts. :blushing:

LOVE!!! your new pic!!! :heart:
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    WOW!!! Look at all the new girls!!! Welcome ladies!!

Goals for the week:
    - Not freak when the scale goes up a little. Silly body needs to tell silly brain that P90X is hard and its holding onto water. Patience, brain!
    - Week 3 of P90X!!!!! All 5 of the P90X workout left this week. I had my two horrible spring forward exhaustion mornings, but today I was actually able to get Cardio X and Ab Ripper done. Woo!!!
    - Practice my deep breathing everytime I think about the two bridesmaid's dresses in May... Ohhmmmm, I love my friends. Ohhhmmmm, I love my friends.
  • loverstreet
    loverstreet Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning Pin-Ups!

"Stick. It. Out.

Have a great day ladies!

Karen

Awwww I'm glad that was a bit of motivation....I was more annoyed with the constant "oh my god i gained 2lbs!" posts. :blushing:

LOVE!!! your new pic!!! :heart:

I wish I would have measured at the beginning of this journey. The scale hasn't been moving lately but I know things are lookin' a little better.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Had a great workout this morning. I got my Polar F6 in the mail yesterday, so this morning was my first time using it. I absolutely love it. It is such a huge motivator to actually see the number of calories you're burning increasing with each minute. Makes you push harder! I definitely recommend to anyone thinking of getting an HRM.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    okay, goals for the week:
    NO ICE CREAM!!
    Run/Walk the stairs down town at least once (390 some odd steps!!), usually do it 3 or 4 times per visit.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    VBos: I love your ticker picture!!!! :love: :love: :love: :laugh:
    thanks! LOL
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge!

Goals for the week are drink at least 8 cups of water everyday, get on my elliptical at least 3 times this week, go to Zumba, and be proud of what I accomplish regardless of what the scale says!

Good luck everybody!!!