How I have avoided plateauing ***length warning***

Options

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Always there for us - thanks.

I have to remind myself what viviakay said one time. The secret to her weight loss is persistence - keep at it, even when you plateau. I usually plateau for a month or two, then lose. If I gave up, I wouldn't lose at all.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    So Banks says we can eat burgers and fries??

ALRIGHT!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Um, lol, burgers aren't the answer people. Step away from the burger.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Is butter the answer? (Oh, please let it be butter. . .):tongue:
  • banks1850
    Options

Is butter the answer? (Oh, please let it be butter. . .):tongue:

You wish lady! LOL! I think that Jiffy pop might be, oh wait, nope, it's not. *Sigh*
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    *crunch* {{smacking lips and licking fingers}} are puffed cheetos the answer? *crunch*
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    This is something I needed thank you very much. I keep going on a plateau for 3 to 6 weeks then loose 5 pounds and go right back into one. I already changed my goals the other day and had a very big meal to shock my system. :drinker: Thanks for sharing. You always give great advice.

Thanks Banks :bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't know "the answer" but if changing schedules 'shocks" the body, then the last 2 days should have about killed mine!

Instead of riding my bike first thing in the morning, I had to work out in the evening and it was with walking and/or kicking a soccer ball against the wall and chasing it!

And, I didn't have "my foods" either but what they served--which wasn't great.

I'm curious to see what the scale will say in the morning but after 23 days of no lose, I'm not optimistic.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Old habits die hard...lol
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This was very well said!!

I'm down to my last 8 pounds. When I started here, it was my last 10. The first week, I dropped 2. Now, over a month later...nothing has changed. I almost dropped a full pound earlier in the week and I've been so excited. I'm hoping to continue the trend to a healthier me! :)

Thanks again for posting this!

~Gael~
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I soooooooooo needed this. I have been stuck for weeks and it is driving me bananas. I stopped logging my food because I was so discouraged. (still eating healthy, but not counting every last calorie) Thanks Banks, I will try some of these things and see if I can get that scale to move down.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After being at a standstill for weeks, I have a loss of 2 pounds!!!! YAY!!
    Thank you Banks!!
  • jew2442
    jew2442 Posts: 34
    Options
    I really needed this! Thanks for all your words of wisdom!:smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    :smile:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Oh yea, and I did not eat the cheeseburger. :laugh:
    But a combination of some of the other suggestions worked for me
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump
    :explode: burger it is!!
  • banks1850
    Options
    yet another bump
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks!
    This couldn't have come at a better time. I've been stuck for two months. I am beginning to wonder if this should be my goal weight because I am gaining muscle and eating the right calories. BUT...not necessarily the right foods! I really want to lose those last 5 pounds as was my goal. I will try some of these ideas! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump