Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    S: 1
    M: 2
    T: 4 (was supposed to be 0)
    W: planned on 3; may trade out last night and not drink or drink minimally

I have decided I drink so much because my husband and I are social butterflies. When people want to do something, they call us. Last night a friend came over to fix our A/C and brought his wife, so of course we needed wine. And then dinner with more wine. Ate a salty salty quesadilla and woke up at 330 and chugged 3 glasses of water. Tonight is dinner with 2 engineers from my company's Atlanta office. Not sure if there will be drinking. If so, I will limit myself to 1-2 drinks. That may even out my goal for 18 for the week.

I did walk 4 concourses at the ATL airport instead of taking the train thing, so got in 35 minutes of walking. And skipped tortilla chips at lunch. Small victories....
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - probably 0

Might be 0 through the weekend. Sick all week and for the first time in I don't know how long, I haven't even worked out I hate it, but clearly my body needed a rest. Can't even think of alcohol right now but if I'm feeling better, it's going to be a beer weekend =]

On the flip side, I had 25 glasses of water yesterday and have 10 down today so far, even without exercise, I've dropped a few pounds of water weight this week thanks to getting flushed out.

Good luck to everyone on the rest of their week :smile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, I had 25 glasses of water yesterday and have 10 down today so far, even without exercise, I've dropped a few pounds of water weight this week thanks to getting flushed out.

I cannot even fathom drinking that much water...hope you are feeling better and up to par for the weekend
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the motivation!
    And I agree..the ondemand exercising is a good option to kick you into gear. Anyone can do just 20 minutes of something, right?
    I like the Fitness360 cardio and totaly body workouts. And Holly isn't nearly as horrible to follow/listen to as Jillian. I just can't deal with her right now. She makes me want to take a sharp instrument to my ear drums. :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    And Holly isn't nearly as horrible to follow/listen to as Jillian. I just can't deal with her right now. She makes me want to take a sharp instrument to my ear drums. :grumble:

I hate those dvds....
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Might be 0 through the weekend. Sick all week and for the first time in I don't know how long, I haven't even worked out I hate it, but clearly my body needed a rest. Can't even think of alcohol right now but if I'm feeling better, it's going to be a beer weekend =]

so sorry you aren't feeling well ... i hate being sick, but once you heal up it seems like such a fresh start, and hey, you're getting a great (unplanned) detox ;)
  • Kat120285
    Options

so sorry you aren't feeling well ... i hate being sick, but once you heal up it seems like such a fresh start, and hey, you're getting a great (unplanned) detox ;)

The detox is definitely nice, was down a couple pounds this morning from all the water I'm drinking. I usually drink about a gallon a day anyway but with drinking even more this week, I'm certainly flushing excess water out. I'm beyond looking forward to Monday and starting my 3rd round of P90X that was supposed to start this week. I miss my weights and pull up bar haha.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the motivation!
    And I agree..the ondemand exercising is a good option to kick you into gear. Anyone can do just 20 minutes of something, right?
    I like the Fitness360 cardio and totaly body workouts. And Holly isn't nearly as horrible to follow/listen to as Jillian. I just can't deal with her right now. She makes me want to take a sharp instrument to my ear drums. :grumble:
    I put her on mute and play music!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    and on the seventh day she drank! :drinker: :drinker: woohoo drinks tonight, as I have been a good girl for 6 days :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your drinks, Faith!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    and on the seventh day she drank! :drinker: :drinker: woohoo drinks tonight, as I have been a good girl for 6 days :laugh:

I knew God was a women.....
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Definitely won't be drinking tonight, still sick. For the best anyway, since I've moved weigh in day to Friday. More incentive to stay dry Monday - Thursday.

Unless I miraculously feel better I'd venture a guess I won't be drinking tomorrow. Which would be a first.

Good luck to everyone on their Thursday :smile:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0

Into day 4 and this will be a tough one. It is V ball night and that means boozing and bumping!

I almost hope we lose because then morale drops and no one wants to booze it up.

Um wait on second thought I will tough it out with the WaaWaa and watch the Jager flow once we win! :sad:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

:laugh: Good job Faith and way to reward yourself!! :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    This week has been tough. I really wanted some drinks last night. :sad: I couldn't get to sleep either so that made it worse. :grumble:

But I've been managing.

Mon 0
    Tues 0
    Wed 0
    Thurs---Let's see if the trend will continue!

I was soooo tempted to find a sitter and do wing night tonight at BWW's, luckily our friends were already busy today. So that saved me. :blushing:

Happy Friday Eve everyone, here's to reaching our goals today! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 drinks (bottle of wine)
    Tues - Thrus, 0 drinks
    Friday, 5 drinks (bottle of skinny margaritas)
    Sat. & Sun., 0 drinks

Total: 10 drinks

Goal: <12 to 14

The week is looking good and I have some wiggle room. I have a weigh-in for the competition I'm running on Monday. It totally forces me to be good for the weekend.

I know when I go to Chicago at the end of the month. I will be totally SCREWED. How do I be good in hometown with Italian beef sandwiches, pizza, my fav. restaurants, booze and family????
  • elizabeth9474
    Options

I did walk 4 concourses at the ATL airport instead of taking the train thing, so got in 35 minutes of walking. And skipped tortilla chips at lunch. Small victories....

Hey small victories add to BIG success :) I think the social butterfly thing is my problem too :frown: well, that and its hard to limit yourself when you're having a goodtime doing something! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    This week has been tough. I really wanted some drinks last night. :sad: I couldn't get to sleep either so that made it worse. :grumble:

Try taking melatonin...natural hormone to help you sleep
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're still sick, Kat...I hope you feel better soon!

Chris, did you mention why you're doing a detox week...just for sh!ts and giggles? A contest? You're a masochist? :laugh:

Kim, awesome job at staying in your goal. Fingers crossed for the weigh-in! As for the trip to Chicago...eff-it! Don't be good, just get back on the wagon upon your return. Speaking of Chi-Town, I think Hubs and I are going to head there in August to watch the Cubbies play the Cards...you'll have to give me the low-down!

Natasha, yay for sticking to it this week! :heart:

For me:
    Sunday=2
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0

I think I'm subconsciously trying to stay away from the wine and vodka this week because I'm not working out like I normally do--with track practice, I don't get home until after 5--so I'm really trying to save my cals for food. We'll see how this weekend goes...I have a 1st birthday party (my nephew on Hubbie's side and they're all big drinkers) on Saturday, so I know there will be a TON of food and even more booze. :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    Options

Try taking melatonin...natural hormone to help you sleep

I was thinking about you and how you said you were trying that. So it works?? I'll definitely have to try it. Thanks!! :flowerforyou: