Like Minded Lushes April 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    It's Marci, one of the newbies. I've got a question: how bad is it to NOT have a day off from working out? I like my wine, but I've been drinking way too much of it. Instead of going complete tee-totaler (which I don't think would last long, considering the amount of stress I'm under) could I work out every day, to earn some calories for a couple of glasses of wine after dinner? Would it harm me, in any way? I just want to lose 23 more lbs, but I don't want it to take forever. Does the human body really NEED a day off from exercising?

Depending on the exercise, yes. Actually no matter the exercise you should have one day of rest. Your body needs it to recover and come back stronger for another week of beating. I hate it but Sunday is my rest day, I don't even ride my stationary bike, all I do is stretch. My body certainly thanks me.
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm getting together a new "game plan" cause my old plan just wasn't working!:blushing:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I think I may lush it up again tonight :blushing: but stick to one bottle of wine instead of the usual two so I stay under cals. :drinker:
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    I Think I Have A New Favorite Thread. I Turn The Big 21 This Sunday BUT College Has Introduced Me To Alcohol Way Long Ago. As I Type This I'm Having A Beer LOL

LOL, Cheers! Happy early 21st Birthday!!
    Thank you for the birthday wishes :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    It's Marci, one of the newbies. I've got a question: how bad is it to NOT have a day off from working out? I like my wine, but I've been drinking way too much of it. Instead of going complete tee-totaler (which I don't think would last long, considering the amount of stress I'm under) could I work out every day, to earn some calories for a couple of glasses of wine after dinner? Would it harm me, in any way? I just want to lose 23 more lbs, but I don't want it to take forever. Does the human body really NEED a day off from exercising?

Depending on the exercise, yes. Actually no matter the exercise you should have one day of rest. Your body needs it to recover and come back stronger for another week of beating. I hate it but Sunday is my rest day, I don't even ride my stationary bike, all I do is stretch. My body certainly thanks me.

I think that it's somewhat subjective...if you are a hard core workout weight lifter or marathon runner, then yes, you need to rest and follow a program...I take a rest day when my body says "I can't do anymore". Otherwise, I keep going with various exercises that I enjoy. I guess, it depends on how much you work out. According to most health sites, we should be getting some light, moderate exercise 1 hour a day. We honestly weren't meant to be sitting around.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I totally agree.
    I don't think most people work out hard enough to actually *need* a day off.
    Of course, it's important to listen to your body.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    Have found my thread home! I see my fellow lushes don't apologize for the liking of the drink. Neither do I. I love it! LOL! Constantly trying to incorporate my drinking into my weight loss. Had major drink and calorie surprise on Tuesday. Had about 6 delicious craft beers. 200 calories a pop! Am going to drink tonight but going to stick with my usual vodka/club soda and my goal will be to have just 5. or 6 :) Doing a cleanse starting Monday so I want to get my fix and be feeling fine when I get started.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Vodka & tonic with a twist of lime:drinker:
    Like tonic but way to many calories and diet tonic tastes gross. so now its club soda or strait.

Goose on the rocks is my fav
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I totally agree.

You think??? Lushes on a weight loss website don't move enough....:laugh: :laugh:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    is it bad that the goose and kettle one are on my most used food lists? :embarassed:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    is it bad that the goose and kettle one are on my most used food lists? :embarassed:

Nope!!!:drinker:
  • marci355
    Options
    I totally agree.

You think??? Lushes on a weight loss website don't move enough....:laugh: :laugh:

You guys are killing me!! Keep it up and I swear I'll open that bottle of Chard right now!!! :laugh: :laugh: I said 6pm, remember? Dumbass....I should have said 5pm!!:laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I totally agree.

You guys are killing me!! Keep it up and I swear I'll open that bottle of Chard right now!!! :laugh: :laugh: I said 6pm, remember? Dumbass....I should have said 5pm!!:laugh:

I'm having a glass of wine right now, pre-dinner drink....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    the kid and husband just left the house. i was thinking wine and a movie/or book.
    i went straight for the vodka. lol. :drinker:
  • marci355
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone!! I'm getting off of here and go enjoy my vino!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ok so Thursday didnt go as planned. Pretty bad day overall and led to some bacardi and coke z.

Tonight is booze for sure!

Oh well I am enjoying it!

haha
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Blue Moon, 'nough said =]
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I Think I Have A New Favorite Thread. I Turn The Big 21 This Sunday BUT College Has Introduced Me To Alcohol Way Long Ago. As I Type This I'm Having A Beer LOL

LOL, Cheers! Happy early 21st Birthday!!
    Thank you for the birthday wishes :heart:

Ofcourse! Any plans?

I'm at home drinking Michelob ultra...yeehaw. It's the husband's turn to go out tonight so I'm bored to death and drinking some beers while on the computer, lol! Oh yeah, and eatting tic tacs so I don't smoke :)
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Blue Moon, 'nough said =]

YUM...with a juicy orange wedge to squeeze into it on a hot summer day....or even now, lol