What do You Do for a Living?

Options

Replies

• Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    I mix IV's, mostly chemotherapy, morphine, and antibiotics.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Professional body piercer, on my feet 8Hrs a day 6 days a week. Love my job but difficult dealing with the public sometimes. Can be pretty stressful, very rarely get a chance to sit down & eat thats my excuse for my weight gain :(
  • jamiehobson
    Options
    FT BSc Forestry and Woodland Management student.
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    work for heinz :))))))))))))
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Full-time graphic artist, part-time jerk.
  • GabeWilliam
    Options
    I am a writer for a TV show in Los Angeles. Lots of writing and not enough exercise! Tough stuff in the land of the beautiful people.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I have a 10-hour-a-week job as a library assistant... I'm sitting on my butt the whole 10 hours.

I'm also a college student, starting medical school this fall. More sitting on my butt.
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    I play with soap! Well Im a lab technologist for a skin care company.........making soaps/lotions/sanitizers..............and I test them. Not very physical though...........and then I found mfp! yay!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Audiologist for early intervention program.
    Although I completed training recently at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and am a certified health coach. If I want to make the career change I need to get off my excess weight; seriously, would you take advice from a fat health coach? :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I work with telephones for Deaf (and hearing impaired/speech impaired) people. I travel quite a bit so have to make an effort to eat well and exercise when I'm away from home.
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a claims service analyst for a managed health insurance company. I audit projects and also handle claims adustments. I have worked from home since June 2010 and spend my day sitting on my butt in front of a computer. I do get a break here and there to do a load of laundry or dishes. I usually start my day at 5:30 AM so I can get off work early & have time for a workout before the family gets home. I had gained weight since working from home because it's too convenient being that close to the kitchen & snacks, but since I started MFP, it's been a blessing being able to be home & prepare my meals & make healthier choices.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    An accountant - so desk job. Usual hrs are 8am - 6pm, but have to work to deadline - so some days its later.

I also have a horse on livery quite close to work, so I head up there most evenings and try to get 40mins or so exercising him. But some days, I'm too tired to really exercise him so I don't get a real workout either!!

Sitting at a desk all day, its hard not to nibble from the vending machine.. Although MFP is helping me keep track of the foods that are totally lethal!!

Would love to be able to ride before work and then have time in the evenings to bring the dog for a walk. Or even try to start Couch to 5K!! Will keep working towards that!! ;)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I am a commercial real estate accountant for one of the largest real estate firms in the world. We handle high rise office buildings and malls and shopping centers and industrial complexes, and I do the financial preparation for the clients (owners). In addition, I have a private client who owns 6 properties, which I handle from home, after I'm done with my day job. An awful lot of sitting on my butt!!!

I run intervals at the track while my daughter is playing soccor in the mid-field 2x a week and I have a weight bench and pull up bar in the garage for my lifting workouts 3x a week. My final weekly run is done with my daughter and dog...sprinting through the grass in a big open area in our neighborhood combined with walking in between the sprints.
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    i'm a teaching assistant. keeps you busy plenty to do and dont have to sit much so that helps. only work part time so in the afternoon i have an hour or so before kids come home and thats when i exercise. find the weekends the hardest to find time to exercise as none of my family seem to be able to cope without me!! just as i get going on the bike or wii fit its "mum can i have a drink?" or " can you help with my homework!" does anyone else have this problem? not looking forward to the easter holidays lol:smile:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm a Registered Nurse... and of course, a Mom!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am a rancher and a farmer. There is really no excuse for me having to diet. We live on 200 acres so walking is no problem.
  • MOMO228
    MOMO228 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am an auditor, and also sit at a desk all day. I have already lost 15lbs., and really don't exercise. I am only loosing 2.5-4lbs per week, but that's a great rate, and it's something I can keep doing. I really try not to exceed 800 calories a day. When eating out, I pull up the restaunts website, and look at their nutritional value. You would be surprised.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Prior Quality Control Assurance Inspector for Fannie May Chocolates/Harry London Chocolates. Now an Administrative Assistant for Army Recruiters
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    U.S. Navy! need to find a new job.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Unemployed =\ I have been unemployed for almost a year and a half. Taking CNA classes in the summer to help make myself more competitive. I currently go to school and am working on a nursing degree! Eventually some day want to become a CRNA like my aunt. My husband currently pays the bills doing technical support for the Department of Defense. Somehow we manage to live quite a nice life on $10 an hour alone with a new paid off car and townhouse :) Yay Idaho and cheap living! It sucks but can be done! lol

I work out 3 X a week with my husband when he gets off work at 7 (works OT permanently pretty much) doing strength training at a super cheap gym for $25 an month for two people!

Nothing impressive but getting by nonetheless. :)