b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Full time College student
    full time mom
    hopefully soon to be part time mcdonalds employee
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am a physical therapist assistant. I used to be in great shape, doing that, but then I got into management and basically spent all day in my car, driving from one therapy facility to another, and then working on reports on the computer when I wasn't in my car. The weight quickly piled on. When I decided to get back into shape, I also gave up my management duties. Now, I'm back to actually working with people and exercising daily. I love my job!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Full-time graphic artist, part-time jerk.

LMAO
  • vjles
    vjles Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a freelence Professional DJ/VJ here in the UK. Have DJed in Ibiza for the last 5 years too.

I officially make a living on 8 1/2 hours per week :-)
    (although lots of unseen prep work & research goes on during the week)
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Currently I work in a call center at a pharmacy help desk, essentially when doctors and pharmacists can't figure out how to get your meds, I can.

I used to be a telephone technician, but I quit that so I could be with my daughter more, since her mom's bf couldn't be nice so I had to take custody.

I plan on being a truck driver once all of our circumstances change this summer
  • gas1208
    gas1208 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a letter carrier in Ohio and walk at least 5 hours a day. My job is "ok"--especially when the weather is nice.
    Not sure if i should count the walking i do as part of my workout?
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    Audiologist for early intervention program.
    Although I completed training recently at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and am a certified health coach. If I want to make the career change I need to get off my excess weight; seriously, would you take advice from a fat health coach? :)

I'm a counselor for kids/families and I teach parenting skills . . . but have no kids!
  • Lovestoread314
    Options
    Hello to all! I am very new to all of this but it looks like a great place to be. I work with an on line business of stationery. Love it but now I have to find time for improving myself. I've put myself on the back burner far to long. Great topic and can't wait to read everyone's type of work! Happy Mother's Day to all!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i change diapers at a nursery. not kidding. i am the diaper changer.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a full-time engineering geologist, near full time grad student. And a father of two crazy kids lol. My days are looooooong.
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm a hairstylist...which is good because i move around allll day but the bad part is there's no "normal" breaks or lunches to eat something...most of the time i eat right before i get there and i'm so busy i usually never get to eat while working, but by the time i'm off i'm crazy starving. And someone is ALWAYS running to buy food from somewhere...its tough! but i've been doing good!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am a receptionist! It is hard to stay in shape when you sit at a desk all day long! LOL

I hear ya! I got a desk job 3 years ago and it's a big part of why I gained weight in the first place! Not to mention the fact that my boss ALWAYS has chocolate & other junk food lying around the office...
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    I am an Animal Control Officer, and I LOVE my job!
    My job affords me the luxury of bringing by animals to work with me, and fostering cute little baby kittens!
    I was out in the field for the first 6 years of my career, and am (somewhat temporarily) dispatching now, which leaves me at a desk answering high-stress calls day in and day out.
    I get my exercise in by walking dogs on my 15 minute breaks, and we have a great hiking spot less than 10 minutes away that I go to for my lunch. Also I have one of those stationary pedalers under my desk for when it's rainy. I haven't used it yet, usually I just brave the sprinkles and think I may just walk laps around the shelter cause I would rather do that than use the stupid pedaler. I also have 1.5 wrist/ankle weights I wear. :) I look like a fool but everyone at work cheers me on. :) I also wear my heart rate monitor when I'm going to do something like move a heavy dog or chase after something, I haven't logged it but love just knowing how many calories that just burned. :)
    I put a basket full of 100 calorie or healthy snacks on my inbox for everyone too, they love it!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Typical Desk Jockey.... Mechanical Design Engineer for an Aerospace company. 45-50 hrs per week on avg
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Neonatal RN- Love it!
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    I have my degree in Elementary Education and am currently teaching 3-4 year old preschool :) Looove the kids I have.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    i'm a cook /housekeeper/sort of ' companion' for an old gentleman and his two dogs.. we live in a cottage on his grounds among beautiful scottish countryside.. i am usually free after lunchtime so exercising is not a problem... the poor dogs are marched along on their walks and are getting thinner and fitter too lol
  • louwho36
    louwho36 Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm a store manager for a national retail pharmacy chain. I work any where from 10 to 12 hours a day and spend a lot of time on my feet. Dealing with peoples lives is an extremely stressful job. Most days all I want to do is come home and veg on the couch and block it all out with rocky road ice cream, but alas that is how I got in the situation I am in. So I try to go on a 30 minute walk 3-4 days a week. It's not much but every little bit helps right.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I try to do as little as possible, I am a GS employee. LOL.. I'm a systems engineer for the Govt.
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I work quite a bit.

1) I am a Master Control Operator for Rogers TV"s community stations for Southern Ontario. This translates into me sitting for my entire shift, managing quality control of the shows that come in, and airing breaks in the live shows. This can get very boring and monotonous very quickly. I have exhausted the internet many times.

2) I am an Audio Visual Technician at The Perimeter Institute in Kitchener. We set up and record lectures about theoretical physics. Physically, I run up stairs all day to get to the rooms, but while recording/editing, it requires a lot of sitting around.

3) I have my own business (well, officially on paper anyway) doing videography for various events. Mainly weddings right now, but I have experience with live music, news, and short docs/films. Sometimes this gets busy, other days it's just standing around.

I like going to the gym because it gets me up and moving - I clearly don't get enough outside of work. Now I'm just trying to integrate more of my daily activity into exercise - going for a run outside, biking to work - trying to get outside more often.