Sharon's Getting Ready for Swimsuit Season challenge

Options

Replies

• TinaBina313
    TinaBina313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm fully in. I may have to wear a sarong lol but i'm pushing myself to drop this weight and get into my first swimsuit ever
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hey Sharon, hope you don't mind me jumping into your challenge. Need the extra motivation! I've been doing fine exercise wise, but this past week has been a wash as far as my eating. BLAH!!! :grumble:
  • silverlil
    silverlil Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sharon I am in
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Ladies! :bigsmile:
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharon - I'm in for this challenge - I need a real big kick up the butt to get back into it... my weight's been fluctuating within the same few kilos the last month or two and I need it to start moving in the right direction again. I can feel my tummy area starting to spread out too... NOT GOOD! Lol...
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Definitely up for the challenge... getting ready to burn some calories right now!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Welcome Chrissie and Jrr!!!!

Ok Gang here we go! I weighed in this morning at 154.5 (up a bit after last week's emotional eating situation). I pressed play on Turbo Fire and blew out Fire 60 with my weighted gloves. HRM said I burned 586 calories!

Finishing my cereal breakfast...LOVE LOVE LOVE Kashi cereals. Today...1 cup of Golden Goodness mixed with 1/4 cup Nature's Path Vanilla Almond Flax granola, 1/8 cup raisins, and 1% milk. YUM! :heart: I've got my double chocolate Shakeology chilling in the fridge for my 10am snack.

So how did day 1 go for you all? Oh and if you don't know because you've never been part of my coaching group, I am a Beachbody Coach so you will hear all about BB products and promotions if you become a regular participant in this group. I'm telling you up front so no one is offended by any sales info I might share.

Have a great day!
    Sharon
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    No workout this morning. My little one spiked a fever last night and threw up. The rest of the night she had a restless sleep and so did I. Slept in...just too tired. Will be watching my calories today. Hopefully, she'll feel better throughout the day, and I'll be able to get my workout in tomorrow morning.

Scale said 133 this morning. Earlier in the week I was up to 135.6. Not sure how it came off since my eating was pretty crappy all week. I'm thinking the scale may need new batteries. :tongue:

Looking forward to being a part of this group. Have a great day everyone!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Oh no Anita that's awful. Hope your baby girl feels better very soon. Take care of yourself so you don't get sick and don't stress about missing a workout. Remember this is a blip not a pattern!:wink:

Sharon
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a workout in after my parents drop in for a quick visit. I have 3 children and my twins are in school 2 or 3 days/week so I try to workout more on the school days as I teach piano in the evenings and generally don't have time after teaching to get in any exercise. Today I wanted to get in a 1/ 2 hour run plus a kettleworx dvd.

Sharon, if you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between Shakeology and a protein shake?

Anita, I hope your little one is feeling better.

Kim
  • nereyda08
    nereyda08 Posts: 39
    Options
    I want in! I have 10lbs to loose, but lots of toning to do.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My scale this morning said 161.2 which is up from 159.2 a week and half ago but down from like 163.0 the other day, but TOM is visiting. I am hoping I am back down by Wednesday (my actual weigh-in). I have been going up and down really bad the last few days, and it is getting frustrating. I have a feeling I am hitting another plateau. I need some ideas to push through it; I have hit one before like a few months ago for about 3 weeks. I am really pushing the water to make sure I get enough fluids, but I need other ideas. Any suggestions are wonderful. My diaries are public, don't be afraid to take a look. Thanks.

Anyway, breaksfast was a slimfast shake as always, and my 10 Am snack was Wasa crackers with reduced cheese slices. Tuna is for lunch with chipins and a vegan breakfast bar. I will be hitting the 30-days shred, level 3 later on tonight after work and choir. It will be a late night tonight, but I am determined to get my exercising in.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a workout in after my parents drop in for a quick visit. I have 3 children and my twins are in school 2 or 3 days/week so I try to workout more on the school days as I teach piano in the evenings and generally don't have time after teaching to get in any exercise. Today I wanted to get in a 1/ 2 hour run plus a kettleworx dvd.

Sharon, if you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between Shakeology and a protein shake?

Anita, I hope your little one is feeling better.

Kim

Thanks for asking, Kim. Shakeology so much more than a protein shake because it contains more than just protein. It also has super fruits like acai and goji berry, greens (like spirulina and blue algae), pre and probiotics (for better digestive health), all of your vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, etc. Shakeology contains 70 all natural ingredients and is approved by the American Diabetes Association. 140 calories per serving and only 9g of sugar.

Drinking Shakeology daily has given me increased energy, reduced my sugar cravings, and helped me be more regular. For my husband who suffered from chronic heartburn and acid reflux to the point where he was taking Prilosec daily, drinking Shakeology has eliminated his digestive issues so he no longer has to take medicine.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Beth thanks for sharing your starting point with us! I know it's tough when you experience a small weight gain, especially when it's due to TOM, but in my experience if you drink tons of water, eat lots of veggies, avoid salt, and keep your nutrition on track those couple of pounds will quickly go away. How many calories do you typically eat on a daily basis and when did you first notice you were plateauing? Perhaps we need to increase/decrease your calories in 100 calorie increments to jump start your loss....or, if you're interested you can try the 3 day Shakeology cleanse. Brittany (bk2011) lost 7 lbs in the 3 days and has managed to keep the loss off.

Welcome to the group Nereyda!

Sharon
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Beth thanks for sharing your starting point with us! I know it's tough when you experience a small weight gain, especially when it's due to TOM, but in my experience if you drink tons of water, eat lots of veggies, avoid salt, and keep your nutrition on track those couple of pounds will quickly go away. How many calories do you typically eat on a daily basis and when did you first notice you were plateauing? Perhaps we need to increase/decrease your calories in 100 calorie increments to jump start your loss....or, if you're interested you can try the 3 day Shakeology cleanse. Brittany (bk2011) lost 7 lbs in the 3 days and has managed to keep the loss off.

Welcome to the group Nereyda!

Sharon

I am drinking water like it is going out of style (10 glasses today and counting). I typically eat between 1300 and 1500 cal/day. I try very hard not to eat all my exercise calories back because I don't see a lose if I do. I usually eat about half, but I thought about changing things up today (in my calorie intake). I first notice the plateau about a week ago because my weight is going up instead of down (like it did before). I am interested in the 3-day Shakeology cleanse. What does it entail? I did a 21-day cleansing through Herbal Life before I got pregnant with my son. Someone mentioned trying a cleansing.
  • telcochik
    Options
    The Shakeology cleanse is a 3 day program. You drink 3 shakes per day plus you get 1/2 cup of fruit and a salad with 4 oz of some kind of white protein (chicken or fish) and oil/vinegar for dinner. 2 cups of green tea and TONS of water round out the eating plan. It's about 800 - 1100 calories per day depending on what you add to your salad.

I have all the details in my MFP blog if anyone else is interested.
    Sharon
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sharon, please add me to this challenge!!! I have about 10lbs to go for goal weight after gaining 60lbs with my little monster and I want to focus on toning up for my beach trip on June 18th!!! I will never sport a bikini (ahhh to dream) but maybe a tankini would be reachable! I need some extra encouragement as I am maintaining a 1200 calorie a day diet but due to a "possible" heart issue I have been told "NO" to tons of cardio. Hoping that doesnt exclude walking and thigh machines because good Lord I have got to do something.

Thanks Sharon!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Would love to have you join us ParkersMommy (such a cute name)! You might focus on strength training to tone up since you don't have a lot of weight to lose plus 1200 may be a bit low, especially if you're exercising. Have you had success at that level or is this a new plan you're about to start?

Sharon
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I didn't weigh in this morning, will do it tomorrow, there is something going on with my scale, and I just figured out that there has to be something lose in it as I have to hold up the part you push down as I push it down lol sounds funny funny, but thats the only way it would work.

I did do HIIT 20 today and one on one with Tony H abs. for a total of 240. Then my gf called and asked if I wanted to walk, and of course I said YES!! got in another 243 burned in 35 min :)
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 60 and ABS 10, burned 630 cals, sharon i have a question , i have been having pain in my butt, and when i try to do the ab exercises from turbo fire , i can't do it , i think it is my tail bone giving me problems, i tried putting pillows, towel, and nothing seems to help, i will get a yoga mat in the mean time, have any tips for me, thanks, hope everyone is having a great evening :flowerforyou: