Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So I was about to post the really upsetting news that I am on day 7 today of the 30DS and have lost NO weight.

Instead of sulking in my inability to see results on the scale, I decided to do my measurements! HOLY COW!

Weight- Same (182.8)
    Waist- Down 0.25"
    Hips- Down 1.75"
    Arms- Down 0.50"
    Thighs- Down 0.50"
    Under bra- Down 1.75" (no wonder my 38's fit like crazy... I went from 37 to 35.25)
    Breasts- Down 1.25" (again... no wonder my DD doesn't fit the same)

I ALSO fit into a size 12 the other day dress shopping... a fitted 12. A month ago I was bulging out of my 16 jeans!

EEKKK!!! HAPPINESS!

Very nice!!! That'll keep you motivated.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Bah. I am so unmotivated today. My body is tired from the weekend and still feel soreness from level 2 shred even though I am currently on day 6. But either way, it is still kicking my butt and I hate hate hate all the plank moves. Lol. But I guess that means it's working since I hate them and my body is sore. Haha. Well, while I build up some motivation for myself, let me share with you all my measurements that I forgot to post after level 1.

Sun 4/17
    143lbs
    Chest: 35.5
    Bust: 37.5
    Upper waist: 32
    Lower waist: 36
    Hips: 37
    Right arm: 13
    Right thigh: 22.25
    Right calf: 14

Wed 4/27
    141 ( just weighed myself this morn and am currently 140.8 yay!)
    Chest: 35 (.5 loss)
    Bust: 37.5 (same)
    Upper waist: 31 (1in loss)
    Lower waist: 33.25 (2.75 loss!!)
    Hips: 36.5 (.5 loss)
    Right arm: 11.75 ( 1.25 loss!!)
    Right thigh: 22.25 (same)
    Right calf: 13.75 (.25 loss)

total of 6.25in lost overall! But this also the first time I've worked out in a couple years paired with changing up my diet. Yay for healthy lifestyle changes!

Okay that did it. Off to let Jillian kick my *kitten* for day 6 of level 2!

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see the changes in my bod.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    L1 D8 finished. It was awesome. I haven't worked out since Thursday. Looking forward to the next level...I'm not even worried about the planks that everyone is talking about. I will be happy to have the challenge.
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Didn't do 30 day shred yesterday 03/05/2011 - did Zumba for an hour yesterday
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 7 - I did it! Stayed up way too late last night and really didn't want to get up and do this. I did it, and actually gave it my all. I just can't "phone it in". Once I get started, I go hard! I just hope I see some progress when I weigh/measure in a few days. What if my version of "going hard" really isn't hard at all? Scary thought!:noway:
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    :( I didn't get up and do day 6 level 2 this morning! I did my 5 mile walk last night and then stayed up too late trying to watch The Voice. 5:30 came along this morning and I just couldn't get up. So there will be no exercise today since hubby wants to go to the movies tonight. UGH!!!
    Other than all that, it will be a good day!

Barb
  • mydoc3
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 7 - I did it! Stayed up way too late last night and really didn't want to get up and do this. I did it, and actually gave it my all. I just can't "phone it in". Once I get started, I go hard! I just hope I see some progress when I weigh/measure in a few days. What if my version of "going hard" really isn't hard at all? Scary thought!:noway:

Good for you!!! You are my hero today!!!
  • fayella
    fayella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, im on day 15 today, heres a little blog post ive made about the differences of my body (no pics). i said in the post i lost 6 pounds but its actually 8 pounds now as i weighed in today, http://fayellafairy.blogspot.com/2011/05/difference-shred-has-made-day-13.html
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    L2D7 - check

Still can't do military presses without having to drop my foot (I'd fall over). Can't seem to find the coordination to double jump, either (if my legs are jumping once then my arms only do one loop - it's like asking me to rub my tummy and pat my head, man!).

Can do last strength move for 45 seconds before falling (but I get back up!).
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Just finished Day9 Level 1. I burned more calories tonight. I can feel my inderence increasing.
  • StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    oh no.... Bad day. snacked all day on junk like a pop tart and nutella on toast and crackers. went over on my calories and didn't work out at all!!! What am I doing? I have been crabby at hubby all day too so must be TOM soon. it's 10pm right now.... I am wondering if I should just bite the bullet and just go and do my 20 Minute Shred...
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    screw it! Im gonna go do it.
  • fayella
    fayella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @ stephanie good girl!
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    L2D7 - check

Still can't do military presses without having to drop my foot (I'd fall over). Can't seem to find the coordination to double jump, either (if my legs are jumping once then my arms only do one loop - it's like asking me to rub my tummy and pat my head, man!).

Can do last strength move for 45 seconds before falling (but I get back up!).

I have the same problem with the military press and double jump! She keeps saying my balance will improve, but I saw Natalie lose her balance and she seems pretty strong and fit, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope for me.
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 8 - Done!!!

Only 2 more days of planks to get through. I wonder what torture she has in store for Level 3?
  • mydoc3
    Options
    Ok, so I got up this morning and made an attempt at day 6 level 2. My heart was not in it. I have made the decision to stop doing the workout for now. I really feel like it is holding me back. I walk 5 miles a day and have gained 2 pounds and lost NO inches. I was losing slow and steady before. I really want to lose 50 by my birthday next month and I don't feel like I will lose the last 7 to achieve that if I don't stop the Shred now. I will do it 2-3 times a week for the toning because I can see where it is helping me there but I won't be doing it as a regular workout! But I don't regret starting it with this group because I have enjoyed each one of you and will keep checking in with you!! :) xoxoxoxo

Barb
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    screw it! Im gonna go do it.

Good for you.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Ok, so I got up this morning and made an attempt at day 6 level 2. My heart was not in it. I have made the decision to stop doing the workout for now. I really feel like it is holding me back. I walk 5 miles a day and have gained 2 pounds and lost NO inches. I was losing slow and steady before. I really want to lose 50 by my birthday next month and I don't feel like I will lose the last 7 to achieve that if I don't stop the Shred now. I will do it 2-3 times a week for the toning because I can see where it is helping me there but I won't be doing it as a regular workout! But I don't regret starting it with this group because I have enjoyed each one of you and will keep checking in with you!! :) xoxoxoxo

Barb

aww sad to see you go! But i guess if it seems to be hindering your weightloss then there is no point right?
    My heart is also not into it anymore. But I swore I would keep going and i DID start this thread so I am pushing myself. Keep checking in and let us know how it's going.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Well I did it last night!!! I am pretty proud because I really had no intention of doing it. LOL.
    I put my all into it too because I ate like garbage yesterday and went over in my cals, carbs and fat :(
    And now today I actually feel like I worked out my back. It's crazy....
    This morning I snuck an early peak at the scale and lost 2 pounds!!! I am not entering it though till weigh in on sunday just to be sure :) good news!

Does anyone else feel more flexable? I stretch extra long after a workout and when i started I could barely bend past my knees and last night I could touch my toes no problem. thats pretty cool.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 8 - Done!!!

Only 2 more days of planks to get through. I wonder what torture she has in store for Level 3?

I am worried as well. I am jealous you are a day ahead of me LOL wish i didn't skip that one day. You are doing so good!