Who wants to start Jillians 30 Day Shred with me?

Options

Replies

• StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    By the way everyone, I just found this.
    A girl wo did the SHRED and ran for 15-20 mins on the tredmill 5x a week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233510-so-happy-im-doing-the-happy-dance-my-progress-pixs
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I got up this morning and made an attempt at day 6 level 2. My heart was not in it. I have made the decision to stop doing the workout for now. I really feel like it is holding me back. I walk 5 miles a day and have gained 2 pounds and lost NO inches. I was losing slow and steady before. I really want to lose 50 by my birthday next month and I don't feel like I will lose the last 7 to achieve that if I don't stop the Shred now. I will do it 2-3 times a week for the toning because I can see where it is helping me there but I won't be doing it as a regular workout! But I don't regret starting it with this group because I have enjoyed each one of you and will keep checking in with you!! :) xoxoxoxo

Barb

aww sad to see you go! But i guess if it seems to be hindering your weightloss then there is no point right?
    My heart is also not into it anymore. But I swore I would keep going and i DID start this thread so I am pushing myself. Keep checking in and let us know how it's going.

I plan on doing it for the strength part. I can see results with that, just no loss of weight or inches. But I will go back to my old routine of cardio 5-7 days a week and strength 2-3 days. And Shred will now be part of that routine! :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I got up this morning and made an attempt at day 6 level 2. My heart was not in it. I have made the decision to stop doing the workout for now. I really feel like it is holding me back. I walk 5 miles a day and have gained 2 pounds and lost NO inches. I was losing slow and steady before. I really want to lose 50 by my birthday next month and I don't feel like I will lose the last 7 to achieve that if I don't stop the Shred now. I will do it 2-3 times a week for the toning because I can see where it is helping me there but I won't be doing it as a regular workout! But I don't regret starting it with this group because I have enjoyed each one of you and will keep checking in with you!! :) xoxoxoxo

Barb

Awwwwww sorry to hear...but I understand fully. I guess workouts like Shred you become stronger and gain muscle mass so sometimes you can gain weight. Hope you meet your goal by your birthday. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Level 2 - Day 8 - Done!!!

Only 2 more days of planks to get through. I wonder what torture she has in store for Level 3?

I watched it the other day... *shudder*

L2D8...check. :-D
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    L2 D17 done!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Finally finished D10 Lvl1. I will start Level 2 tomorrow. Oh how I wanted to just quit and not finish tonight. But I didn't want to cheat. I made it through and I can't wait to see what's next. I will measure tomorrow.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Finally finished D10 Lvl1. I will start Level 2 tomorrow. Oh how I wanted to just quit and not finish tonight. But I didn't want to cheat. I made it through and I can't wait to see what's next. I will measure tomorrow.

Congrats! It is hard, but it will pay off. Good for you for sticking to it!
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Barb

Awwwwww sorry to hear...but I understand fully. I guess workouts like Shred you become stronger and gain muscle mass so sometimes you can gain weight. Hope you meet your goal by your birthday. Good luck :flowerforyou:

Thanks Sugar. I was anticipating a weight gain and if I had seen results with the inches I would still do it. But for now I will just do it 2-3 times a week!

Barb
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    HI guys...everyone seems to be doing so well....
    what are the plans for when the Shred is complete???
  • hgranger
    hgranger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done. Getting easier, can move my arms now:) Can't believe I stuck with something for 5days in a row. Love reading all of your accomplishments too......Just want to finish the 30days at this point.
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9 - Done. I actually got it done this morning, but didn't have time to post. Tomorrow is the last day of Level 2. I plan to take Sunday off as a rest day, then on to Level 3 on Monday.

I'm not seeing the results I hoped for, and it is a challenge to keep going. I keep hoping that the next level will be the one to kick things in to gear. I have started going to the gym and walking for an hour as many times a week as I can. Maybe Shredding alone isn't enough to blast this fat off my body. I lowered my calories goal and am working hard to stick to it. Maybe the extra walking and the lower calories will gang up and get things moving. I'm still going to take the measurements and pictures tomorrow just to see if there is any difference.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Here they are!!! I am very pleased!!!! :bigsmile:

Overall change -7.75" (5/6/11)

Chest 4/23 - 36.5" 5/6 - 36" (-.5)
    Waist 4/23 - 37" 5/6 - 34" (-3)
    Below Rib Cage 4/23 - 31.5" 5/6 - 30.25" (-1.25)
    Upper Hips 4/23 - 38.5" 5/6 - 36" (-2.5)
    Lower Hips 4/23 - 40" 5/6 - 38.75" (-1.25)
    Upper Arm 4/23 - 11" 5/6 - 11.5" (+.5)
    Thigh 4/23 - 23.5" 5/6 - 23.5" (0)
    Calf 4/23 - 14.5" 5/6 - 14.75" (+.25)

I will start Level 2 tonight.
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    HI guys...everyone seems to be doing so well....
    what are the plans for when the Shred is complete???

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe ripped in 30. I will probably keep doing some of these excerises as I feel like they are helpful.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Sugar_Apple - i was also thinking ripped in 30. not sure yet.

ItsTerriC - You are doing so well though :( I wonder if just the 20 mins is too little. My vitamin guy told me that 20 mins a day is way to little if trying to lose. for the forst 10 days I did the 20 Min of Shred and CardioX 45mins. For lvl 2 I have ONLY been doing the Shred and I don't think i am seeing a diff... So I am going to add the CardioX again, or maybe a run at the gym. Keep at it for sure but add a bit of cardio as well.

luvmykid28 - FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Thats a huge change.... Looks like you and I have the same weight to lose too. we should keep checking in with eachother throughout to see hoe we are doing.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    L2D9...done

I've got really impressive pectorals that make my breasts look sadder than they did before. :-D Aside from that...eh.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    L2D9...done

I've got really impressive pectorals that make my breasts look sadder than they did before. :-D Aside from that...eh.

hahaha
  • luvmykid28
    Options
    Day 1 Lvl 2 done and done!!! All I can say is "HOLY COW!!!" Kick my butt...I look forward to that getting easier. My heart is still going and it's been 6 minutes since I sat down. And my arms are quivering. :)
  • ItsTerriC
    Options
    Level 2, Done. Not too thrilled with the results so far. Will post measurements & pics later. Off to treadmill & pilates. Something has to work, that dress is no closer to fitting than it was 20 days ago.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9 - Done. I actually got it done this morning, but didn't have time to post. Tomorrow is the last day of Level 2. I plan to take Sunday off as a rest day, then on to Level 3 on Monday.

I'm not seeing the results I hoped for, and it is a challenge to keep going. I keep hoping that the next level will be the one to kick things in to gear. I have started going to the gym and walking for an hour as many times a week as I can. Maybe Shredding alone isn't enough to blast this fat off my body. I lowered my calories goal and am working hard to stick to it. Maybe the extra walking and the lower calories will gang up and get things moving. I'm still going to take the measurements and pictures tomorrow just to see if there is any difference.

I think adding extra cardio to the Shred would be a good idea but even though you cant see it I'm sure your sculpting some new muscles under there..and remember its only 30 days......Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Options
    Here they are!!! I am very pleased!!!! :bigsmile:

Overall change -7.75" (5/6/11)

Chest 4/23 - 36.5" 5/6 - 36" (-.5)
    Waist 4/23 - 37" 5/6 - 34" (-3)
    Below Rib Cage 4/23 - 31.5" 5/6 - 30.25" (-1.25)
    Upper Hips 4/23 - 38.5" 5/6 - 36" (-2.5)
    Lower Hips 4/23 - 40" 5/6 - 38.75" (-1.25)
    Upper Arm 4/23 - 11" 5/6 - 11.5" (+.5)
    Thigh 4/23 - 23.5" 5/6 - 23.5" (0)

Calf 4/23 - 14.5" 5/6 - 14.75" (+.25)

I will start Level 2 tonight.

Good job!!!
    That is some awesome results...Keep it up