30 DAY SHRED 4/18/2011

Options
123457»

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    True intentions
    When you choose to achieve, the choice goes far beyond you. When you truly choose to achieve an authentic purpose, you tap into the immense power of intention.

When you commit to make something meaningful happen, you create a new source of energy. With persistent focus, that energy grows stronger and stronger.

What you must have, you suddenly have the ability to acquire. What you must know, you suddenly are able to discover.

True intention is not merely a mental exercise. It is a powerful, visceral force.

The way to have it, is to follow your purpose. Make the commitment to do what is authentically meaningful to you, and through you, it absolutely begins to happen.

Feel the unique beauty and value of who you are. Boldly feel your true intentions, and ride joyfully along as you bring them to life.

— Ralph Marston

Read more: http://greatday.com/nmot/index.html#ixzz1Kw5icfYs

doing.jpg
  • jaync0719
    Options
    I am doing this 30 day shred. I just started so I completed day4 today. I was just wondering with you guys being on level 2 now are you guys seeing any results yet and do you really start to notice them only towards the end?
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I am doing this 30 day shred. I just started so I completed day4 today. I was just wondering with you guys being on level 2 now are you guys seeing any results yet and do you really start to notice them only towards the end?

I can tell a difference in the way my clothes fit now, but my weight and measurements are the same as the day before I started. But that is how all my "fitness adventures" start out. I did take before pics to compare at the end :wink:
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    finished day 12 today...hope everyone is going strong
  • shellymallon
    Options
    Day 12 complete. A little sore, but I'll live
  • cally112
    cally112 Posts: 16
    Options
    took my measurements today after finishing level one!! really pleased so far!!

starting measurements:
    T= 26
    C=39
    W=36
    H=47

todays measurements:
    T=24
    C=37
    W=36
    H=46
  • cally112
    cally112 Posts: 16
    Options

starting measurements:
    T= 26
    C=39
    W=36
    H=47

todays measurements:
    T=24
    C=37
    W=36
    H=46

this exercise video really is working!! level two was really tough today, felt i worked harder than level one! i ll put up measurements after level two aswell!! :D
  • getsveltEagain
    Options

starting measurements:
    T= 26
    C=39
    W=36
    H=47

todays measurements:
    T=24
    C=37
    W=36
    H=46

Glad you saw a change... I didn't see a change in mine yet. But my changes are always slow to happen :wink:
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    Day 13 and Level 2 is done!!! I feel pretty limber until the 2nd set of jumping jacks in the warmup, then I'm still struggling through... ah well, change is tough :) Happy Day all!!
  • Burtonrah
    Options
    Day14 done :) Happy Shredding today!!
  • ksimich11
    ksimich11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought this DVD and want to do it everyday this month! ;) However, how do you keep track of calories burned? I do not have a calorie counter and do not see "30 day shred" under the exercise database on here.
  • Burtonrah
    Options
    I just bought this DVD and want to do it everyday this month! ;) However, how do you keep track of calories burned? I do not have a calorie counter and do not see "30 day shred" under the exercise database on here.

You can log it under circuit training, general in the website.

Happy Hump day all!!! We are officially half way done the shred!! Day 15 done :) Gonna try level 3 on thursday :)
  • shellymallon
    Options
    Well, between having company all weekend and then being sick Sunday and Monday, I ended up missing 3 days :frown:
    Fortunately, feeling much better today and back on track! Starting over at the beginning of level 2.
  • shellymallon
    Options
    Another day done
  • Burtonrah
    Options
    I fell off the wagon there a couple days ago, and my food intake has be ATROCIOUS!! But I'm gonna fix that now. I've done my "day 16" level 2, plan on doing it again tonight to complete day 17. My plan is to do it again twice tomorrow, and twice on sunday. Moving into Level 3 as well, then I'll be back on track :)
  • wkuasmith
    wkuasmith Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there! I just saw this group and it just so happens to be the day that I started my shred - 4/18! I LOVE (well -hate) but love the results I've gotten so far from doing the shred! I add in cardio whenever I can, and sometimes replace the shred with cardio when I just can't get back home to do the video. Try to only do that once or twice a week.

Day 18 and Loving it. I'm on Level 2 and will probably be moving up to Level 3 here in the next few days...can only imagine what that one will hold!
  • getsveltEagain
    Options
    I fell off the wagon there a couple days ago, and my food intake has be ATROCIOUS!! But I'm gonna fix that now. I've done my "day 16" level 2, plan on doing it again tonight to complete day 17. My plan is to do it again twice tomorrow, and twice on sunday. Moving into Level 3 as well, then I'll be back on track :)

I also fell off the wagon with all that I had going on in my life. I just did a quarter marathon on Sat and I am doing the C25K (Couch to 5K) program. I am actually going to start back at level one and do that inbetween my C25K so that it is every other day next week. I plan on doing it with the 5lb wieghts from the start and try "real" pushups too :wink:

I am staying on top of everything else but I was really worried about my knees with all the jumping involved. Level two was even worse on my knees and I didn't want to chance not running in my race :noway: