20 lbs in a year - Gonna pick it up now to the finish - Anyo

Options
14567810»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    -Eat under my calorie goal 5 to 6 days/week - 25 days plus
    -Have a maintenance day one day per week (not to exceed 2500 NET cal)
    -Break into the 330's (currently weighing 345)
    -Do some type of intential exercise 25 days this month (I can not do the 30 days!)

I want to check in daily for myself on the net calories per day and to keep these goals before me everyday so here goes:

Net calories under 1700 calories M-W and weekends under 2000:
    1 = not under 1700 cal
    2 = YES!! - 1241 net cal :heart:
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    5 = YES!! - 1671 net cal :heart:
    6 = 1878 (Sat) :heart:
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    8 = BLOWOUT, over 3500 calories-- mini binge
    9 = 2183
    10 = 1613 :heart:
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    14 = 1994 (Sat) :heart:

Total days reached cal goal = 5
    Goal for month 25 days (20 days left)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Hi Mollie,

Looks like you're doing well overall :)

I'm sorry to hear about your mom; I sincerely hope she continues doing well! When will you hear back from the doctor? Hopefully everything is ok.

Thanks Asha! Biopsy came back negative! I am at convention and could not talk to the doc today, so will talk to him next Friday for details. He left me a voicemail.

That's such great news! Have fun at the convention!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    -Do some type of intential exercise 25 days this month (I can not do the 30 days!)

I want to check in daily for myself on the net calories per day and to keep these goals before me everyday so here goes:

1 = not under 1700 cal
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    9 = 2183
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    15 = 2323 (Sun)
    16 = 1678 :heart:

Total days within cal goal = 6
    Goal for month 25 days (19 days left)
    [/quote]
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm slowly making a comeback. I need to catch up still, but I will! :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi! I'm slowly making a comeback. I need to catch up still, but I will! :flowerforyou:

Cool Steph!! We missed you :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    opps!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1 = not under 1700 cal
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    9 = 2183
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    15 = 2323 (Sun)
    16 = 1678 :heart:
    17 = 1633 :heart:

Total days within cal goal = 7
    Goal for month 25 days (18 days left)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1 = not under 1700 cal
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    9 = 2183
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    13 = 1994 (Sat) :heart:
    14 = 2323 (Sun)
    15 = 1678 :heart:
    16 = 1633 :heart:
    17 = another BLOWOUT day over 3500 for sure.

Total days within cal goal = 7
    Goal for month 25 days (18 days left)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!:flowerforyou:

The eating disorder saga continues.:ohwell:

I called another eating disorder facility yesterday that has a similar program of group therapy. The evaluation is Tuesday. They say it is hard to get approved for binge and compulsive overeaters. She said they will do their best. So this is probably why the other program dropped the bag on me because they knew I was not willing to go into debt and pay on my own and would only go to group sessions that were approved. The evaluation is free of charge. I bet the evaluation for the other program was free of charge also hence the reason for no bills yet. Either way I don't have to worry because my insurance covers the evaluations.

I got the new eating disorder program from an email from the other eating disorder program. I actually think this program is even better! It is facilitated at a better hospital and everything! I am glad they were at least more honest. So I told the lady that if not approved for group I would do individual therapy. She said they have therapists that work only evening hours for their working patients. She said they have therapist on call at the behavioral hospital 24 hours. They also have an OA program there once a week also along with AA and other addictions. So now I am under allusions that I may not get approved for group sessions but I am going to fight for it. I know my plan will bend if the patient is their own advocate and I can definitely fight for myself and what I want since I want this and feel it will be beneficial and I can prove how this has helped me in the past.

Have a good weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!:flowerforyou:

The eating disorder saga continues.:ohwell:

I called another eating disorder facility yesterday that has a similar program of group therapy. The evaluation is Tuesday. They say it is hard to get approved for binge and compulsive overeaters. She said they will do their best. So this is probably why the other program dropped the bag on me because they knew I was not willing to go into debt and pay on my own and would only go to group sessions that were approved. The evaluation is free of charge. I bet the evaluation for the other program was free of charge also hence the reason for no bills yet. Either way I don't have to worry because my insurance covers the evaluations.

I got the new eating disorder program from an email from the other eating disorder program. I actually think this program is even better! It is facilitated at a better hospital and everything! I am glad they were at least more honest. So I told the lady that if not approved for group I would do individual therapy. She said they have therapists that work only evening hours for their working patients. She said they have therapist on call at the behavioral hospital 24 hours. They also have an OA program there once a week also along with AA and other addictions. So now I am under allusions that I may not get approved for group sessions but I am going to fight for it. I know my plan will bend if the patient is their own advocate and I can definitely fight for myself and what I want since I want this and feel it will be beneficial and I can prove how this has helped me in the past.

Have a good weekend!!:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1 = not under 1700 cal
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    9 = 2183
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    14 = 2323 (Sun)
    18 = binge day
    19 = binge
    20 = binge
    21 = 1952 (Sat) :heart:

Total days within cal goal = 8
    Goal for month 25 days (17 days left)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Mollie, glad the program seems to be going well! You're doing really fantastic!

Hope you (and whoever else is around), had a great weekend!! :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

1 = not under 1700 cal
    3 = not under 1700 cal
    4 = 2093
    7 = 2779 (Sun)
    9 = 2183
    11 = 1846
    12 = 1990
    14 = 2323 (Sun)
    18 = binge day
    19 = binge
    20 = binge
    21 = 1952 (Sun) :heart:
    22 = 1964

Total days within cal goal = 8
    Goal for month 25 days (17 days left)
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Hey gals!

Mollie: Glad to hear this program sounds good! I read your... status update? Whatever it's called haha, this morning. I've read about not using scales in my binge eating book, but I'm not sure what I think about it. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you work through the program! Best of luck!

Steph: Yay! I'm happy to see you're making a comeback! I'm at the start of one of those, too. I'm all moved into my apartment (which has its own gym) and (finally) have internet hooked up, so it's back to logging and exercising regularly. It'll be great to have more control over my food and my time!

Also, as a nice NSV, a couple of my friends have commented that I'm looking good. They may be exaggerating, since I've only lost 20lbs and I don't think it's that noticeable, but it's still great to have someone notice your hard work. My favourite comment was, "You have a waist!" haha. I'm pretty happy about having a defined waist.

Hope you two are doing well!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hello!!! Happy Friday!!:flowerforyou:

Great NSV Ahsa!! 20 pounds is noticable, have you tried to pick up a 20 pound sack of potatoes? And you exercise too so inches help you look thinner and with the 20 pounds I am sure you are looking great. That spurs you one to keep on keeping on. Welcome back!

Well I am starting my eating disorder program MONDAY!!!!:bigsmile: Can you tell I am excited. I am so happy I could burst. The best news is I only pay a copay of $15 for 3 hours of intense group treatments for binge eating. $15 is the same as my co pay for my regular doctor visits. When I was looking in the program from the other place I forgot it was out of network. Well this is a hospital and in network & is SOOOO much CHEAPER for me. No deductible and the insurance covers it 100% because it is billed as in-patient program. All thru their packet they refer to me as a patient. I can afford $60 a week for 12 hours of treatments!! That is a steal! And 4 meals are included because and hour is devoted to food. The program is 4 to 6 weeks and I have unlimited sessions for group and individual treatments. The other one was more because they were out of network. So after I found out I did not have to come up with $500 out of pocket right away, I told them I would start Monday! I am not ready to start but I will make it happen.

So that means my time on-line will be very limited for the next month and a half or so.

I miss you! Have a good weekend and I will try to pop in as much as I can!!

Hugs!!:heart::heart:
  • paronomasha
    Options
    Hi ladies!

So sorry I haven't been around lately. Medical school is kicking my butt and I haven't even started "real" classes yet! Tomorrow's the first big day: I'm shadowing an anesthesiologist all day. On the plus side, my hectic schedule means I don't really have time to binge or dwell on food. On the down side, I really have to plan meals and make sure I set time aside to prepare lunches and snacks.

I think it's all about getting into a routine, though. This first little bit will be kind of crazy because I don't yet know what to expect. Once I start getting used to it, I think I'll get better at organizing my time and my meals. Then the challenge will be incorporating exercise. I /will/ do it, I just don't know how/when yet. I already have so much reading... I need to learn the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular system, and nervous system for my anatomy lab on Thursday. For ONE lab. Yikes! Fortunately I have a gym in my building, so nipping down for a 30 min meeting with the treadmill should be reasonable to do.

I'm also going to sign up for mixed martial arts classes, more for stress relief and fitness than weight loss. And no scale for me for the month of September. Partly because I don't own one, but also because it's about making a lasting adjustment rather than a number.

So that's pretty much the important updates about me! How are you doing? Mollie, what are your impressions of the program so far? Steph, are you still with us?

Looking forward to hearing from you, even if I don't get back to you right away!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi Asha and others if lurking :)

I think this program is just what I need to have a normal relationship with food. That is their focus. It is not about losing weight for them even though I let them know that is my goal. I am willing to let them guide me so I can conquer the bingeing episodes because this is what is hindering me from moving forward to lose weight.

I moved my scale from my bedroom over the weekend and I don't plan on weighing again until January. It is not as hard as I thought and actually very liberating to not have to worry about losing weight each week. My director wants me to worry about not binging and eating 3 healthy meals a day and 3 healthy snacks. Even if not healthy she just wants us to focus on eating meals and planned snacks only. Nothing else.

She finally let me exercise when I told her exercising is something that helps me with binges and would be on list she wanted me to make for things to replace with binges. I just made my list to give to her today.

How many more years do you have to go to medical school and what is your goals when done with school? Meaning what do you want to be in the medical field? Good job on preparing for your busy schedule! Keep up the good work!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Mollie... When I stopped weighing for about a month, it turned out to be really easy too. Once you get out of a habit, (and often if you replace it with something new), it's pretty easy (generally) to forget about it. :wink:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    It is getting easier for sure.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Stop Weekend Binges
    Is Weekend Eating Destroying Your Diet?
    -- By Shape.com
    Crammed with barbecues, family functions, and cocktail hours, weekends can be healthy-eating minefields. Avoid the most common pitfalls with these tips from Jennifer Nelson, R.D., of the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

Eating Problem All your social events revolve around food.
    Why It Happens With so many tempting items within reach all weekend long, it seems impossible to avoid blowing your diet.
    Rescue Remedy You don't have to stay home, choose between parties or turn down every single bite. Before you leave the house, have a small, protein-rich snack (to prevent that "I'm starving" feeling). At the party, look at everything that's being offered first, then zero in on a few items that look too good to pass up and just have those.

Eating Problem Grazing all weekend long.
    Why It Happens Without a structured schedule, you grab whatever food is within easy reach.
    Rescue Remedy Take 15 minutes midday Friday to review your weekend plans; identify any potential trouble spots (e.g., you're attending a backyard barbecue on Sunday) so you can schedule your meal and snack times around them. By imposing some guidelines, you cut the chances that you'll nibble mindlessly.

Eating Problem After a very long week you are so ready to kick off your long weekend with a big bowl of triple-fudge ice cream.
    Why It Happens You're craving comfort, not food.
    Rescue Remedy Brainstorm non-food ways to soothe yourself, like meeting a friend for a walk in the park or getting a pedicure while you finish up a good book. If you still need the sugar, you can usually get your fix without putting too big a dent in your diet; two Snickers Miniatures provide total indulgence but set you back just 85 calories.