Dropping pounds with inspiring pals [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok so this week my goal is to get back on track and try my hardest to eat healthy... this saturday I get paid and get to go shopping... Bought some corn today because they we 4 ears for 88cents... so I bought 8

I hope to get myself back to eating healthy soon... my body is all out of wack with eating all the carbs and sodium...
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't posted for awhile but I want to get back in the game so here goes: My goal for the week is just to log. No matter what I eat I want to log it. I decided to make my diary private for a little while again because I won't log when I know others can see, especially when I've had a bad day or meal. So I'm going to log, log, log this week and work to stay within my calorie range.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I kinda fell off the face of the earth over the weekend. Lots going on. We're trying to get rid of the kittens that are taking over the house. 1 down, only 2 to go. Also TOM started yesterday.. bleh. I'm up 2 pounds in bloat. I did manage to get down to 212 on friday for my weigh-in. The fiance and I quit smoking today.. the next couple days will be rough and I hope I don't gain too much (every time I've attempted to quit I gain 6 pounds). Gonna try my best to not snack to fill the void.

About to go shopping here in a few, I've got my list and coupons... budgeted and ready to go. I can't wait to see how much I can save, it's really becoming an addiction... I love the rush I get at the checkout line watching the total come way down. Now I'm just hoping it stays above $50 so I can use my $10 off coupon LOL.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in : Oiy....I went from bad to worse. I found these freezer margaritas (they also have pomegranate, lemonade, strawberry daiquiri and some others)...but basically you just freeze it, squish it up, and wa la - perfect slushie style alcoholic beverage. 280 calories each. And that was the intro into last nights booze and snack fest. lol And now my house is full of junk food (that we shouldn't have even bought) and no groceries...so I started today out with a cookie & frosting, and crackers and spinach dip. :0/

I think I'm going to rewind myself ALL the way back to the beginning. And for the time being, stop watching anything but calories, and maybe just try walking for a while as exercise instead of jogging and weights, and everything else. Or possibly not exercise at all.

I also started up a walking challenge for June if anyone is interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/252354-june-walking-challenge-break-a-sweat

Glad to see people checking in, our group was getting awfully quiet.
  • chrystal559
    Options
    Monday Check in:

I am doing good today... I am working on getting back on track... I get paid of saturday and I will be getting some healthy food... I am excited... My mom gets out of the hospital today so we are having a Bbq and I can't wait... I am hoping that things start to mellow out in our house... but we will see...

I did not lose weight this week because of all the processed foods and all the carbs and sodium... but I am working on this and I will get back on track...

I have been down today... I have been having all kinds of friends and family around me getting pregnant or having babies... And it hurts. I want to be a mother so bad. I want to chance to get pregnant and have a child to raise. But so far it looks like It will never happen. Me and my husband are looking into the fact that we are going to have to adopt. Don't get me wrong we wanted to adopt anyways but still I want to experience that... oh well...
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:
    So I have been doing alright in the weight loss department but I am not sure its where I want to be. I have a goal to lose 60lbs by August 14th. That's a little over 10 weeks away and I'm not sure I can do it. However, I am now down to 277lbs so that's 38 pounds lost as of today!!! That means I would have to lose 22lbs by the middle of August! Yikes...That means I have to lose 2 lbs a week until then. I could definitely use some support and some suggestions. I am not sure if my eating is correct or not. I let MFP set my goals so I am following their settings. Can someone have a look and tell me if they think I need to make any changes?

But on the good side I have noticed some real changes in my body. I don't get as tired, I am wearing smaller clothes. My BMI went from 54 to 47. All in all its been really great. I started this at the end of March so I am definitely pleased with the loss. I just know I need to work harder. So yesterday I posted my goal for the week as working out every day and i think I can do it. I just have to not give up and not be lazy.

Let's keep up the hard work ladies!!! Don't give up and don't give in!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I have been down today... I have been having all kinds of friends and family around me getting pregnant or having babies... And it hurts. I want to be a mother so bad. I want to chance to get pregnant and have a child to raise. But so far it looks like It will never happen. Me and my husband are looking into the fact that we are going to have to adopt. Don't get me wrong we wanted to adopt anyways but still I want to experience that... oh well...

Don't give up yet. Do you know how many couples adopt, and then end up having a baby later on when they didn't think it was possible at all. Just because it doesn't happen right away doesn't mean it won't happen at all.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @sarahbear1981 - I think you are doing great. :) Just keep up with your calories and exercise and I'm sure you'll get there in no time.
  • chrystal559
    Options

Don't give up yet. Do you know how many couples adopt, and then end up having a baby later on when they didn't think it was possible at all. Just because it doesn't happen right away doesn't mean it won't happen at all.
    I know it just gets hard sometimes... Because that is something I really want...
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:

Well I started logging today, but then we went to a bbq and ate. Then they sent home a bunch of food with us....oiy....lol So I'm just gonna write today off...lol What's a girl to do! So tomorrow is another day and I'm going to log, log, log!! I am going to do this thing one way or another!!

I was hit with reality this morning when I got on my scale ( which I haven't done in a while ) and my scale actually errored on me. It can't weigh me!! My scale must only go to 330lbs. YIKES!! What an awakening!! I've let myself get sidetracked for way to long!! So I'm just going back to the basics and concentrate only on calories and staying under goal.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Monday check-in:

Well I started logging today, but then we went to a bbq and ate. Then they sent home a bunch of food with us....oiy....lol So I'm just gonna write today off...lol What's a girl to do! So tomorrow is another day and I'm going to log, log, log!! I am going to do this thing one way or another!!

I was hit with reality this morning when I got on my scale ( which I haven't done in a while ) and my scale actually errored on me. It can't weigh me!! My scale must only go to 330lbs. YIKES!! What an awakening!! I've let myself get sidetracked for way to long!! So I'm just going back to the basics and concentrate only on calories and staying under goal.

You can do it! If you still have left over BBQ food, try throwing out anything that isn't good for you. (get rid of the temptation) I know after family meals, we always end up with left overs...well 2 lbs of lasagna sitting in my house won't do me any favors. So unless I can get someone else to take it and avoid left over's all together, I just throw it out when I get home (and no ones the wiser, so I don't feel guilty like I hurt someone's feelings).
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    SO I'm back!!!!!!! Had a simply awesome weekend with my husband! My weight is up but I'm not worried! I did the best I could I only ate off of the healthy menu except for lunch and I did have desert with my dinner! the hubby and I did a lot of walking and biked for two hours! But there was a major NSV this weekend although the timing sucked *kitten*...

TOM came back to me!!!!!!! He had been gone for 10 whole months because of my weight and now he is back! I have to say though I really didn't miss him! He came back and is kicking my *kitten*!!!

Hubby now thinks that we should starting trying again right away and I'm thinking that I need to keep up the weight loss for a while still. We will see what happens though it is all according to Gods plan! SO today it is back to the daily grind I have a list of things to do and not enough time in the day to do them. I will try to post later with the daily topic. Love you all keep up the good work!!!!!

Renee
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    @naesue - Glad you had a good weekend! Talk about timing though! lol
  • chrystal559
    Options
    Tuesday Recipes:

Ok my recipe is for cucumber salad.

thinly sliced cucumber
    grape tomatos
    olives
    thinly sliced red onion
    low fat balsamic vinaigrette or even a low fat italian dressing...

mix it all in a bowl and let sit in the fridge for about 3 hours... It is awesome

I also like to add artichoke hearts or even some whole grain pasta to make it a meal... it is awesome
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    sorry I have no recipes.....
    Just wana say Hi!!! and keep up the great work!!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    AHHH SO happy to be home! Spent the weekend with my husband's family. It was a gorge fest with TONS of food and even more alcohol! Luckily there was dancing into the wee hours of the morning though, but even then I doubt it was enough to burn off everything! Had a good time but I was SO ready to be home by Sunday. Was able to get a quick run in this morning, so I"m off on the right track. Hope everyone had a great weeeknd. Now let's kick some *kitten*!!
  • naesue
    Options
    My Dinner tonight taken out of my new cook book.
    51WcqkQzuwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Skillet Lasagna with Vegetables

1/2 lb hot Italian turkey Sausage, casing removed
    1/2 lb 93%lean ground turkey
    2 stalks celery, sliced
    1/3 C chopped onion
    2 C marinara sauce
    1 1/3 C water
    4 oz uncooked bow-tie pasta
    1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (2C)
    3/4 C chopped green or yellow bell pepper
    1/2 C reduced-fat ricotta cheese
    2Tbs finely shredded Parmesan cheese
    1/2 C (2 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1. Cook and stir sausage, turkey, celery and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in marinara sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Add pasta; stir. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 12 min.

2. Stir in zucchini and bell pepper; cover and simmer 2 min. Uncover and simmer 4 to 6 min or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

3. Meanwhile, combine ricotta and parmesan in small bowl. Drop by rounded Teaspoonfuls on top of mixture in skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 10 min.

Serves 6

Cal: 300, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 750mg, Carbohydrate: 24g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 25g.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love this wrap because of the protein and healthy carbs. It may be a little high on the sodium but if you make it a meal no big deal right? I just lay the wrap flat on a plate, assemble the ingredients, spray on my dressing and roll it up. All of these ingredients are one I got from the Neighborhood Walmart.

Balsamic Tuna Wrap

Starkist - Low Sodium Chunk Light Tuna In Water 3oz, Can, 1 can drained
    Marketside Mixed Greens and Spinach, 1 cups
    Wishbone Salad Spritzers Balsamic Breeze - Balsamic Salad Dressing - Spray, 10 sprays
    Flatout Flatbread - Multi-Grain With Flax - 8 Net Carbs, 53 grams (1 Flatbread or 1.9 Oz)

Calories: 220 Carbs: 20g Protein: 32g Fat: 2g Sat Fat: 0g Sodium: 610mg
  • naesue
    Options
    Alright Ladies this is the end of this thread. YOu don't want to get left behind! Please follow the link at the bottom of this post to continue on to the next thread see you all there!