I (Heart) BOOBIES!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah.

Want to support breast cancer in school? Where a bracelet that has the ribbon placed on it.
    Just wear the ribbon.
    Students only wear this for the wow factor and TELL their parents, teachers, etc. That it's for the cause. Plain and simple. I know I would!

As for the bracelets: if you allow a bracelet that says boobie on it, you need to allow shirts with a pot leaf: How do you know the kid isn't just supporting the cause of medical marijauna since it helps his mother with her multiple sclerosis pains? If you allow one girl, supporting her grandma, you must allow the other. Like I said, if she wants to support, there are other less debatable ways. It's not too difficult to just put a pink ribbon on.

As for the breasts: sexual vs nonsexual: Only made sexual by the media. You do NOT see men walking around flashing their packages and bulges on (most) TV, in magazines, etc.

Breasts are for feeding babies, sexual pleasure (for men and women) is an added perk. Trust me, breast play is my favorite party of foreplay, but breasts are NOT made for sexual pleasure, they are made for feeding babies. Just like a penis is not there to be played with either. It's there to procreate. Yes, there are sexual "perks" but no body part, was made for pleasure. The penis and vagina are there to procreate. The breasts are there to feed our young. Do you ever see cows getting busy, and the male playing with the utters? I didn't think so.

I think breasts are multipurpose actually. As someone who has breastfed for years now I can say that my sensitivity was definitely instrumental in getting me pregnant in the first place. Think of it as a space shuttle with stage rockets haha..except breasts are so much better because they still feel great once you wean your child...you don't just jettison them off your body afterward :wink:

And cows and udders and sexplay? Apples and oranges really- cows don't even KISS. I think I remember reading somewhere actually that humans really didn't kiss the way we do now and it's a cultural thing that developed over time just like romantic love (the cultural expectations regarding romantic love, not that it exists, that is a biological occurrence regardless). Blah anyway I'm not going to base my ideas about sex and my body on what I see in the animal kingdoms.

I think that a lot of the teenagers (males) wearing these bracelets are doing it for the irony of it..they might actually agree with the cause on several levels obviously, but also lets just face it: it's probably awesome that you can get away wearing such a thing and get brownie points from any girl/woman for doing so at the same time, yes?

Regarding fund raising purposes/information awareness up there ^^ the biggest thing that chagrins me about the whole breast cancer ribbon lemming fest is that it isn't even the highest killer of women health wise LOL. Heart disease is! Additionally most women wouldn't even realize if they were having the symptoms of a damned heart attack! Bravo world :laugh:

exactly the point I was attempting to make in my unclear rambling LOL!

And trust me, though I just finished nursing my daughter for 18 of the last 19 months, I am glad I can reclaim the girls! Or rather, the hubby can, lol.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    As for the breasts: sexual vs nonsexual: Only made sexual by the media. You do NOT see men walking around flashing their packages and bulges on (most) TV, in magazines, etc.

Breasts are for feeding babies, sexual pleasure (for men and women) is an added perk. Trust me, breast play is my favorite party of foreplay, but breasts are NOT made for sexual pleasure, they are made for feeding babies. Just like a penis is not there to be played with either. It's there to procreate. Yes, there are sexual "perks" but no body part, was made for pleasure. The penis and vagina are there to procreate. The breasts are there to feed our young. Do you ever see cows getting busy, and the male playing with the utters? I didn't think so
    my wife and I can't have anymore children. our parts still work.....
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I wear my " LICK BREAST cancer" bracelet daily. My grandmother had breast cancer, and she loves my bracelet. My 10 year old niece wants one, so she'll have one too. I don't see a problem with it. Anyone who does obviously has a stick up their butt.