crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I enjoy the leangains approach :)

I see that lol!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Holy lots of new posts! [:
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Still loving IF :) Feel like such a piggy with the amount of food I eat in the evenings (compared to my housemates that is) but got to do what you got to do :tongue: Last week I ate more and moved a little bit more than usual. Had a good old binge on Friday and get some crazy high fat numbers (I'm addicted to cashews sorry LOL) and then had 2 days at "maintenance cals" and I ended up losing 800g. And I am still trying to gain weight. Very odd.

Also, for people who do carb/calorie cycling LG style. Do you wake up heavier after a higher carb day? I see lots of people on bb.com getting this (which would make sense because of water retention with additional carbs) but I don't seem to get anything? It's weird. Low days are around 200g carbs and high days are around 350-400g carbs.

Chris, I don't do carb/calorie cycling, but I always wake up heavier after a day of high carbs. I also wake up heavier if I eat red meats... no clue why. Maybe because it doesn't digest as quickly? I have to say, I can't help but be a little jealous! Can't wait until I'm trying to gain! lol!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Bump

Will be starting IF tomorrow. So excited!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Bump

good luck! everyone is different in how fast if at all they can adapt to a whole new meal pattern like this
  • NeonNikki
    NeonNikki Posts: 87 Member
    I've only read a little bit about IF but I really enjoy the no eating after 9 or before 1...16 hour fast? I don't do it every day but I am trying really hard to get into that habit. I also enjoy 20 hr fast and sometimes 24 hrs but I do it for stomach issues as i'm not looking to lose much weight. ... so I don't do it often. It does feel good though. I like to be able to go out to eat with friends on "off" days and not feel bad about it :) that's the best.
  • Bump

Welcome to the dark side!!!! JK...Welcome aboard!!! IF is awesome if you it works for you. I can't think of ever stopping.
  • I've only read a little bit about IF but I really enjoy the no eating after 9 or before 1...16 hour fast? I don't do it every day but I am trying really hard to get into that habit. I also enjoy 20 hr fast and sometimes 24 hrs but I do it for stomach issues as i'm not looking to lose much weight. ... so I don't do it often. It does feel good though. I like to be able to go out to eat with friends on "off" days and not feel bad about it :) that's the best.

Yes, it feels good to go thru the day without feeling bloated or any of the stuff that usually accompanies eating thru the day.
  • TheBraveryLover
    Thanks guys! I'm doing the 16 hour daily fast.

Ate at 10:30am, worked out, second meal 3:30, then final meal finished a few minutes before 6:30pm. So far I'm doing fine with hunger and I'm heading to bed pretty soon, so it looks like the first day was a success!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I've only read a little bit about IF but I really enjoy the no eating after 9 or before 1...16 hour fast? I don't do it every day but I am trying really hard to get into that habit. I also enjoy 20 hr fast and sometimes 24 hrs but I do it for stomach issues as i'm not looking to lose much weight. ... so I don't do it often. It does feel good though. I like to be able to go out to eat with friends on "off" days and not feel bad about it :) that's the best.

Yes, it feels good to go thru the day without feeling bloated or any of the stuff that usually accompanies eating thru the day.

What I love the most is both the freedom, and the feeling of control I have because of it. I work through lunch every day now...I don't even bother with it. The amount of time actually freed up is small, but it has a huge impact on my day. Then there's the fact that I know it's very healthy for me...and is doing far more than I was able to do without it...

And yeah...win/win lol.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    work through lunch!? Craziness. I use my lunch break to go to the beach :tongue:
  • Odrinka
    Odrinka Posts: 19 Member
    I'm currently considering the lean gains approach to IF. I want to read up a bit more on the mechanics of it before I start, but I'm happy there is already an IF support group on here that I can go to.
  • TheBraveryLover
    Today's my 3rd day and everything is going great! I love this!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Today's my 3rd day and everything is going great! I love this!

That's awesome! I still remember how excited I was when I first started. You mean I don't have to plan my entire day around eating meals every 2-3 hours?!?! Still love it 3 months later.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Hooray for IF. <3
  • Yes!! IF FTW!!!! On it for 5 months and loving it. Can't think of anyway of feeding from that moment on.
  • chrisdavey
    Hard to explain to"normal" during friends though :-P so many people seem to think its all our nothing. Moderation is the key
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Great thread!! Many thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    Starting to cut again (because of shoulder injury I can't do the exercises I want)
    Will be aiming for 2500/2000 on/off days. BMF shows an average burn of 19000cals per week.
    workout days x 3 = 7500
    Rest days x 3 = 8000
    Total = 15500

Net Deficit 3500

Continue with IIFYM plans of minimum 1g/lb protein (175g) and .4g/lb of fat (70g). This uses up 1330cals, so even on rest days I "could" have up to 170g of carbs. (very balanced macros)

So that's the plan. Continue to do the exercise that I can (minimal strength in upper body), probably just hip belt squats and whatever I can do with my kettlebells.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    I occasionally fast till dinner but usually till midday, aiming for 14 hrs. My biggest problem seems to be stopping myself from eating at night. I can do it once I decide but a part of me pouts. I ate from 1 to 8pm today. Do you guys have a ritual for ending the eating window?