Intermittent Fasting Support Group?

Options

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Third fast day of every other day IFing. So far so good. I am hungry, but not overly so. I will drink some more water and green tea which I know will help. I need to last to 6, but probably if I get there won't be eating until 8 making it 26 hours.

Good job! I'm fasting again tomorrow & hoping I'm not as hungry as I was yesterday :) And just after I think I'm good and used to it :tongue:

All went well. I'm cooking up some honey garlic sausages right now and some veggies to break fast. At this point it will be another half hour (at least) before I eat. That makes it 28+ hours so far. Not starving either. So far a win for every other day. Will weight in tomorrow morning and see how it does for my weight.

Can't wait to hear how you did!

Weight in was no change. That is sort of disappointing, but in light of the fact that I really over ate on Saturday (big family dinner at the in-laws for their anniversary and thanksgiving since that is when we could get together as a family). I probably ate 3000+ calories then and lots of sodium. I am thinking this is a win because I didn't gain anything. I would have preferred a loss, but this is better than a gain. I have this week off, and we will be out at various events so I will be eating less than great. I plan to continue the alternating days fasting and see what happens after the week is over.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hands down best part of IF? Having 1,000+ calories left for dinner.

Awwww yeahhhhhhhh
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Reporting in after my first week of intermittent fasting LG style. Mon-Fri - took some getting used to, but definitely doable. I felt great! My workouts didn't suffer (I workout at lunch) and it was really nice not to worry about calories at night. I stuck to my macros and it was all good.

Went backpacking this weekend and knew I needed to eat breakfast before hiking, so I stopped eating at 6:30 Friday night, which made for a decent window of fasting by the time I ate Saturday morning. However, I was ravenous all day Saturday and Sunday! I think it's much harder for me to get a handle on my appetite when I eat earlier in the day.

Back on track today, hoping the time change doesn't make me want to crawl the walls waiting for breakfast time!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Nope, never felt light headed from fasted workouts. I had a good PB squat workout on the weekend fully fasted also. It's totally a mental thing.

I am always stronger when I lift fasted. When I have food any time before a workout (like eat lunch at 11-12, then workout at 6pm), it seems I'm 5-10lbs weaker.

I have never felt light headed either, for the record.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Third fast day of every other day IFing. So far so good. I am hungry, but not overly so. I will drink some more water and green tea which I know will help. I need to last to 6, but probably if I get there won't be eating until 8 making it 26 hours.

Good job! I'm fasting again tomorrow & hoping I'm not as hungry as I was yesterday :) And just after I think I'm good and used to it :tongue:

All went well. I'm cooking up some honey garlic sausages right now and some veggies to break fast. At this point it will be another half hour (at least) before I eat. That makes it 28+ hours so far. Not starving either. So far a win for every other day. Will weight in tomorrow morning and see how it does for my weight.

Can't wait to hear how you did!

Weight in was no change. That is sort of disappointing, but in light of the fact that I really over ate on Saturday (big family dinner at the in-laws for their anniversary and thanksgiving since that is when we could get together as a family). I probably ate 3000+ calories then and lots of sodium. I am thinking this is a win because I didn't gain anything. I would have preferred a loss, but this is better than a gain. I have this week off, and we will be out at various events so I will be eating less than great. I plan to continue the alternating days fasting and see what happens after the week is over.

Could just be the sodium! It does me in every time. After a couple of days of drinking loads of water, I do fine and my weight levels back out.

Have a fun week!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I just had another fasted work out (3rd since doing LG). I noticed this time that my heart rate was higher than the times I workout after eating a few hours earlier. I love it! Has anyone experienced the same?
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a gross question so be warned..............

Does anyone else have this problem? My bowel movements are no longer predictable. I've been doing 16/8 during the week and eating breakfast as usual on the weekends. I guess the different schedule of intake leads to a different schedule of output?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    umm yep, random as. Depending on fibre intake & volume of food I believe.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    hey! The groups have been added to MFP! Would someone like to start one for IF??? :drinker:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I just had another fasted work out (3rd since doing LG). I noticed this time that my heart rate was higher than the times I workout after eating a few hours earlier. I love it! Has anyone experienced the same?

I have not really paid attention to that, but there is a slight rise in metabolic rate through the first 24+ hours of fasting. That may be the reason for the increased heart rate, but that is really a guess on my part.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    hey! The groups have been added to MFP! Would someone like to start one for IF??? :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    ghost town...

eta: lol now I know why. duh
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
    love LG way 16/8, been doing it for over 2 weeks now
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Gonna read every post in this forum later...
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bmp
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Bump for later
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I want to try IF but don't know if it's right for me. I'll give you a little background. I have bulimia and binge eating disorder so I wonder if this will mess with my screwed up already head. And I weigh 303 pounds which is fricken huge. I do very little exercise, one because I have bursitis in my hips so it hurts to walk, and two I really want to drop pounds first before I start exercising so it's not so hard on my body. Do you have to be doing body builder exercising? I want to do the daily 16 hour fast starting at 8 pm and ending at noon. So in that 8 hr window I have to eat, do I eat at my goal that mfp has set for me? I've got it set at losing two pounds per week eating around 1600 calories a day. I eat the majority of my calories at dinner time. Does that matter? What kind of meal should I eat to break my fast. I usually start my day off real slow with a 110 calorie EAS protein drink and work my way up to a big calorie dinner, eating about five times a day. Sometimes the big calorie dinners mess with my head, making me feel like I've binged even though I am under goal. And then I do binge. It has gotten a lot better though. Last year I lost 80 pounds with mfp but ended up gaining back 55. I have now lost another twenty so kinda feel back on track, but I feel I need a different way of eating and dealing with food. Any advice you all could give me would be greatly appreciated. I really want to try this. Thank you. Jacki.
  • STUPID_GOPHER
    STUPID_GOPHER Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do 36hr fasting every other day.....dropping pounds like crazy!........fast are easy because i know i'm not getting any calories lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Actually there are a lot of people on here who do it, from what I've seen. I gave it a try fr a couple days. (Not eating until lunch) It was really nice how I had a ton of calories left for dinner but I like to eat breakfast so I decided it's not for me.
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump