SWaT Walking Group - May Walk

Options
123457»

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    No kidding great walk!
    I did walk today about 2.5 miles and have worked out every day. Sorry about the headaches Teresa, hope this all passes soon. You have done so well, and you look great in that swim suit.

I think a free for all is a great idea, and I thinlk it will probably help us to be more accountable again. I am really liking the Biggest Loser PWs lately and working on the 30D shred.

Don't any of you quit cause you are my support team and I need you! OK
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Is May almost over already? A Free-For-All sounds good to me, too. That's what it's been like lately, anyway--at work AND at home! Juat too mush to do and not enough time to do it in!

I'm actually going BACK to walking with Leslie more--mostly her 1 mile walks, though, as there is SO much more I have to get done. I sure hope things settle down soon.

Teresa--take care of yourself.

Everyone--enjoy your weekend (neither my DD nor I have a long one, but that's okay, we'll celebrate another time!)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm re-motivating and changing it up, again! I only exercised short workouts of walking 1.5 to 2.5 miles this past week but my hip feels good now. The acupuncturist says that exercise depletes the "chi" when you are trying to heal. So I did it in moderation and feel so much better.

I plan to eat what I want and like in moderation while watching calories and building in exercise. I'm aiming for about 1400 calories a day give or take (trying the zig zag or cycling where some days above and some less to shake up what my body knows). I'm not going for deprivation or eating the same foods every day so I feel blah or hungry. No tickers for June and exercise length and type will vary on my mood and energy.

So revving up for June! Enjoy your weekend!

Jenny
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Got in a 2 mile walk with Leslie yesterday. Felt good, too.

Finally got my shelves finished and up so I can start organizing my jewelry supplies. I plan on getting some pieces into a free Artfire store just to see what happens--and to practice photographing my finished pieces.

Work today for me, so--have a great day, all!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day to all! Thanks to all those who have served or are serving now!

Rainy and stormy today so it will put a damper on outside picnics. We were invited to one but decided to stick close to home since we saw the forecast for storms during the day and possible tornadoes in the evening. We are going to see a movie, go out for dinner, and if the rain stops, go for a walk along the Mississippi River trail system near the University of Minnesota (unless tornadoes come this way).

I've discovered a new eating plan on a thread on here and have been doing it for one day and broke my plateau! I downloaded the book Diet-Free For Life from Amazon onto my Kindle and have been reading and taking notes all weekend. I began eating foods in combo with each other yesterday and lost 1.2 pounds since yesterday a.m. and broke my plateau. His philosophy matches mine in that I don't want to diet, I just want to make better choices without depriving myself of what I like. In this plan it's how you combine proteins, fast carbs and slow carbs to maximize fat loss. I need to eat every 2-3 hours (3 meals, 2-3 snacks) which I love and that matches what I am suppose to do with balancing carbs on a diabetic eating plan.

So we'll see if this gets me moving to my goal... Oh yeah the other interesting point he makes is being careful not to lose so fast and so much that you lose lean body mass/muscle. You calculate your % of body fat (my scale estimates that), body fat weight, and lean body mass weight. Subtract your fat weight from your current weight and that's the weight you should strive to be. If you lose more than that you will lose your lean muscle too. So resistance training/strength training is important to this whole journey we are on. Keep it up and add more muscle to boost your metabolism.

Wordy today, sorry! Just wanted to share my new plan....:bigsmile:

Jenny
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I hope you all had a great Memorial Day. It was beautiful weather here today but we just chilled and did some things around the house.

I've really let myself go on the exercising this past couple of weeks. I'm going to make June my re-energize month. It's going to be a kind of rough start tho. Tomorrow night is my son's graduation and the rest of the week I'll be preparing for the Relay for Life on Friday night. Even if I don't get to walk much during the week I'm sure I'll be making up for it on Friday night. The next weekend we'll probably be going on an overnight bike ride so I'm not too worried about calories there. We always eat light and it just seems to take a lot of energy even passenger riding.

The YMCA membership is looking pretty good. My husband gets a discount thru his company so that will help. I even bought a bathing suit so I can try the water aerobics. Not a bikini like Teresa but the smallest one I've ever bought (10) :smile: . I'm really looking forward to trying out some of the classes, they have a big variety. One of my friends from work may join too so that will be fun. I really don't have a problem going by myself if she decides not to though.

Kathy, feel free to try out all your jewelry pics on us.

Jenny, the food plan sounds interesting. I may have to try something if the exercising doesn't start working again.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Did a short Pilates routine this morning. Now going to get ready for work. Rain is predicted for today but the sun is shining right now.

Hope everyone is haveing a good day!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial day weekend. I had a blast! Felt like 16 again :bigsmile: . Saturday our City was having it's 100th year Anniversary and to say the least I had a great time I drank and danced then was up at 3 in the morning not feeling to good :sick: . So Sunday I stayed low with a hangover :blushing: . Then that evening went swimming in our pool. Monday went boating, anchored the boat on the beach & had lunch, swam & enjoyed some drinks again :wink: . came back home and BBQ & went swimming in the pool. Spent the weekend with family :drinker:

Jenny!... Thanks for sharing. I definitely would like to hear more about it. I need to kick my butt back in gear. I had fallen off the wagon for weeks now. And my body is feeling it. I don't have a book app, but I'll see what I can find online about it. I also agree with the same concept. That I'm Not dieting! and this is just a healthy way of eating.
    I haven't felt the pain on my chest lately, So I need to get back into the strength training.
    I'm concered about having to eat every 2 to 3 hours since at my jobs I work only 4 hours & it's not the kind of job I can stop and grab a bite. I would have to wait 4 hours :frown: But i've heard of that before eating certain foods together trigger's the metabolism to start working faster. If there's any other tips you get from the book, please share.

Sandara.... My Aunt has been going to the YMCA for years and she loves it of course. Thats wonderful you get a discount from your husbands job. Our YMCA is to far from my house, plus I wouldn't have the money anyhow.
    Your overnight bike ride sounds like fun, Enjoy!!! Congratulation's on your SON'S Graduation, Its something to be very proud of.

I have a sunburn on my nose today so I didn't go outside for my walk. I stayed in and did my own walk aerobic's for 20 minutes. :blushing:

Kathy... yes! I would love to see the jewerly pic's too

Have a Great Week

The new pic is of my Mom and I ( I'm on the right :wink: )
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Ok last day of May and I fell 2 miles short of my walking goal but exceeded my total exercise minutes by quite a bit. I'm erasing my tickers for exercise and going with the flow for June. I'm not going to finish my last 2 miles tonight because I had acupuncture today and I want to maximize its healing effects.

So I'm ready for June! Sounds like a nice Memorial Day for everyone. Eight days of work left and then 4 weeks off with a 2 week trip to Michigan to visit my family! Can't wait. My Mom is hanging in there so I may be saying my good-byes one more time...She's a tough lady!

Night Night!:yawn:
    Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My son is all graduated and I'm soooo tired. I'll get the link to the June thread posted in just a bit!
  • sandara
    Options
    A great big THANKS to all of you for keeping me hanging in there!

Here is the link for the thread to the June Free for all month! Let's have some fun!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253468-swat-walking-group-june
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone.

Happy End of May! I like the idea of a Free-for-All for June, too. With the weather warming up, I want to get out in my pool. :glasses: Also, I'm really feeling like I need to do more strength training. One thing I do like about the Sansone walks is the use of arm movements and weights/firm bands, but I feel like I need to start toning more. Tonight, I found the Balance and Body Sculpt on Exercise TV and really feel the burn in my arms, so I'm glad I did it (it was only 23 minutes). It was also a nice change. I want to keep my walking goal at 60, which is two miles a day, but I'm going to try and stick with the shorter walks on a more consistent basis to add some strength training a few days a week (rather than using the five mile walks to make up for not walking for three/four days in a row!). :embarassed: Jenny, this also seems to align to the Diet-Free for Life book you are reading for adding strength training to workouts; thanks for sharing the info!

Sandy, congratulations on your son's graduation! What a great feeling of accomplishment for both of you.

See everyone throughout June. :drinker:

exercise.png