Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Heh. Faith, glad to see you're upright and ok, if a little worse for wear.
    You're such a happy drunk!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You don't have to count the cals you throw up right? :sad:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Chris and SoCal, you're killin' me! Haha, I wanted to go until at least tomorrow with no alcohol but it's been so nice here today, I worked my tail off on the bike and I've got LOADS of calories left so ... Cheers all :drinker:

You're one of those people that just LOOOOOVE to work out..aren't ya?
    I do it because I need to. Because I know it makes me healthy. And probably MOST of all to get extra calories to eat and drink the things I want to..lol.
    I will NEVER enjoy it though. I looove the way it makes me feel AFTER..but I'll never be one of those.."I just can't wait to workout today!" people. :grumble:
    I wish I was!!
    I *am* (like you) a huge water drinker though. Not as much as you..but I drink a lot. It does wonders for the body. I used to be addicted to diet coke. Now I only drink that if it's mixed with booze...lol.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Chris and SoCal, you're killin' me! Haha, I wanted to go until at least tomorrow with no alcohol but it's been so nice here today, I worked my tail off on the bike and I've got LOADS of calories left so ... Cheers all :drinker:

I do it because I need to. Because I know it makes me healthy. And probably MOST of all to get extra calories to eat and drink the things I want to..lol.
    I will NEVER enjoy it though. I looove the way it makes me feel AFTER..but I'll never be one of those.."I just can't wait to workout today!" people. :grumble:
    I wish I was!!
    I *am* (like you) a huge water drinker though. Not as much as you..but I drink a lot. It does wonders for the body. I used to be addicted to diet coke. Now I only drink that if it's mixed with booze...lol.

I'm not sure I'd say I love it haha but I do enjoy my P90X and stationary bike quite a bit =] There are resistance days I look forward to and others not so much. I mostly do it to stay in shape and be healthy. My family has a history of heart problems, biological grandfather died of a heart attack when my mom was sitting on his lap when she was 8, both uncles have had multiple heart surgeries, mom had a brush with breast cancer. So I've always tried to make the healthy decisions and stay healthy now in hopes it will benefit me later. There are plenty of days I don't want to ride for an hour or push myself hard or days I don't want to do pull ups but I'm pretty hard on myself so I make myself put on the work out clothes and once I get started I'm glad I did and when it's done I just feel wonderful. Especially the days when I shed around 6 lbs of water weight :smile:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I am ridiculously hungover. :sick: :laugh: I don't even remember posting most of those posts. :blushing:
    Were you seriously listening to Kris Kross? Haven't heard them in yeeeaars!!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Oh my, bless your heart. :bigsmile: And you know, I have never been asked or thought to ask that question. And heaven knows I've been there!

Little bit lushy for me last night, celebrating my big weight loss. (does that make sense?) Didn't want to go too far overboard so tried some low carb pasta. Too lushy to eat it last night :blushing: (please don't tell my team-mates) so had it for lunch today. Man, was I full of gas!!! Have any of you tried it? I don't think I'll be doing that again, it was good going down but coming back out was a bit embarrassing.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I am ridiculously hungover. :sick: :laugh: I don't even remember posting most of those posts. :blushing:
    Were you seriously listening to Kris Kross? Haven't heard them in yeeeaars!!!
    Hell yes I was! :laugh:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't going to drink for the whole of May but I've just seen that the Eurovision song contest is on this Saturday. This is something so terrible that to endure it vast amounts of alcohol must be consumed, it's always been a tradition amongst my friends (yes you know us brits are mad). So there's no way I could watch it without alcohol to survive and I can't miss it, it's so bad, it's almost good.

Oh, you have to drink for that!! That's how I feel about the first 3-4 shows of American Idol, where do they find these people?
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Oh my, bless your heart. :bigsmile: And you know, I have never been asked or thought to ask that question. And heaven knows I've been there!

Little bit lushy for me last night, celebrating my big weight loss. (does that make sense?) Didn't want to go too far overboard so tried some low carb pasta. Too lushy to eat it last night :blushing: (please don't tell my team-mates) so had it for lunch today. Man, was I full of gas!!! Have any of you tried it? I don't think I'll be doing that again, it was good going down but coming back out was a bit embarrassing.
    Hey now! Some of your teammates are lushes also! I heard that! You'd better be runnin' some laps or something missy!!! We need your big numbers!
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ha! So timely to find this thread as I drain the last sip of wine from my glass and decide whether I'm going for glass number three. Bravo to all the brave adult beverage consumers who dare to show themselves on MFP! I love you all already!!! :love:
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options

I wish I was!!

All you peeps rule my face off! :drinker:

And just so we are all clear I AM DRINKING A BEER AS WE SPEAK! I did a 10+ MI bike ride so I could consume some bevvies!

Cups up and let er rip! :tongue:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options

And just so we are all clear I AM DRINKING A BEER AS WE SPEAK! I did a 10+ MI bike ride so I could consume some bevvies!

I started on vodka/diet squirt/splash of pom
    I'm right behind ya chris. *pinch*
  • Kat120285
    Options

On beer 3 buuuut it's bud light because that's all we have for beer right now =( Guess I could have had wine but we're trying to start a wine cellar so I can't drink it all because the wine could never keep up haha. Plus all we have in the house are expensive bottles and I'd rather save those for when the boyfriend wants to drink 'cause I'm nice sometimes :tongue:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    i'm not a wine connoisseur..but i don't drink the cheap stuff.
    i know what i like and look for it on sale. usually at CVS. lol
    it cracks me up that so many of you can't just go to the grocery store and pick up a bottle! when i used to travel on business i remember wandering the aisles forEVER and finally asking where the booze was!! ya mean i have to go to a special STORE To buy it? yikes!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options

I am joining you guys also with some vodka in my green tea. A little honey makes it a bit better. It's no rum and coke but will have to do!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    it cracks me up that so many of you can't just go to the grocery store and pick up a bottle! when i used to travel on business i remember wandering the aisles forEVER and finally asking where the booze was!! ya mean i have to go to a special STORE To buy it? yikes!
    Wine and beer in the grocery stores but no liquor....:sad:
    I drink the cheap stuff...no Boones Farm or anything but give me some Sutter Home for $10 per BIG bottle....yum!
  • Kat120285
    Options

My friend who lives in Florida always laughs at us when we're excited to get alcohol in gas stations down there after 9pm. My boyfriend and I used to live 20 minutes from Mass. so we could still get alcohol on Sundays but not now, we live in Manchester, oh by the way we're in CT. Package stores close at 9, and there's only beer in the super markets and no booze sold on Sundays unless you go out to eat. Guess they figure it'll cut down on alcoholism or who knows. Kind of sucks though, especially in the summer when you want to make a late packy run or a Sunday packy run. Especially sucks during football season when you realize you don't have any beer to drink for the game on Sunday :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Do you hear it??? It's the call of skinny margs. I must answer.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options

Absolutely not! And you burn calories heaving :laugh: :laugh:

You poor dear, sounds like you had fun though.

As for my drink free week
    Mon = 0
    Tue = 0
    Wed = 0
    Thursday 1 tall Yummy ice cold Beck's beer :drinker:

Husband will be home for the weekend Friday night through early early Sunday morning... :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Package stores close at 9, and there's only beer in the super markets and no booze sold on Sundays unless you go out to eat.
    i dont even know what package stores means.lol