Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Marci, you did really well! Don't get discouraged by yesterday, be encouraged by the Sunday-Saturday 0 drinks! you can do it, and next week, you'll get through Sunday too, just have a plan:flowerforyou:
    Sunday for me=0 drinks
    Thanks guys! I'm my own worst enemy sometimes. I think I might throw up......uggghhhh......any body got any tylenol?:ohwell:

:frown: hate that feeling, although I never throw up anymore, no matter how much I drink. Guess I got that all out of the way when I first started drinking. Even though I'm much better getting my water while drinking and getting a good amount before going to bed to avoid the hangover, there are still times when I get in that "eh, who cares" mindframe and just drink more and the next day I want to die. I reach for tons of water and vitamins to replenish on those days.
    Oh yeah....vitamins....thanks for the reminder.....I'm going back to bed, after I get rid of this headache. The gym today?? No way in hell.....All of this seemed like a good idea at the time......:ohwell:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    We've missed you too!! I've found the best way to stay away from the crazy is to just stick to the threads where your people are...I've been doing that since the last thread of crazy I got sucked into and it's made me happier. :smile:

ETA: Oh, I had a big-*kitten* Blue Moon at dinner on Friday and totally thought of you!:wink:

hug_smiley.gif

Very good idea! I have been sticking to threads that I have seen people on my friends list respond to. That has seemed to help too. At least we all share the same kind of crazy. :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Marci, you did really well! Don't get discouraged by yesterday, be encouraged by the Sunday-Saturday 0 drinks! you can do it, and next week, you'll get through Sunday too, just have a plan:flowerforyou:
    Sunday for me=0 drinks

So true!! Think about all you have accomplished from the rest of the week and don't beat yourself up too much. :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone else, Marci. You went 6 days without 1.single.drink! That's awesome!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    We'll see about tonight, tried one of the white wines we ordered last night and it was soooo yummy so I may have a glass or two with dinner, have to get ready for drinking everyday anyway as that is how the cruise always goes, so really I'll just be preparing myself if I have a drink or two each day or more so than usual during the week :tongue:

Too funny. Training for excessive drinking, good thinking.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Good Morning all,
    Well, I drank last night. A lot. I got all upset over something and what did I do? Jumped right into the wine bottle. You would think, I would learn to cope without it. I'm trying, I'm really am, but it's hard. I feel like *kitten*, my head is pounding and I'm still upset over what happened yesterday. I beat myself up, pretty bad. Why do I do that? So here's my score so far:
    Last Sunday- 0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wed.-0
    Thurs-0
    Friday-0
    Sat-0
    Sunday- 2 bottles of wine.
    Any thoughts or encouragement?

Just to stick with it and keep trying!!! Maytbe some alternative stress valvles ... like a walk or some relaxing activity or hobby? Dunno, I tend to go for the bottle too! Sunday through Saturday is pretty awesome though!!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    So, I’m not really dealing with my husband being gone all week very well, actually, I think it’s the having him home on the weekends part that’s getting me… just seems like every weekend is an occasion now! Sooo, last weeks abstinence lasted through Wednesday again, I guess I did OK on the moderation with a beer on Thursday, a Big Guiness (you know those 1 pint 6 oz bottles!!) on Friday and on Saturday the alcohol put me over calories (still under maintenance, but still) Kahula in my morning coffee, a couple shots of whiskey and finished the night both Saturday and Sunday with white wine…. SO, once again today is day one… Hubby left at 1am and I didn’t get back to sleep, so tonight after work ought to be easy enough, hopefully I’ll be too tired to think about it. Hubby comes home Friday night for the weekend, going to try to stay on track for a few weekends, then allow for a night out or something, maybe… we’ll see how that goes! Oh, but I did have a great accomplishment and have now moved out of the Obese BMI, so I’m pretty happy about that and went clothes shopping at My Sister’s Closet and got 3 pant, a sundress and shirt and skirt outfit all in size 14, so that was pretty awesome too!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well those were some awesome weekend lushy stories!!! LOOOOVED them! :laugh:
    I was being good because I had a Dr. appt this am..which went well.
    But I'm thinking I'll probably reward that great dr. appt by drinking tonight. I'm pretty sure that's some messed up/flawed thinking..but whatever. :drinker:
  • jeeping_mom
    jeeping_mom Posts: 72
    Options
    Was following this thread for a while, but haven't lately. Lately been drinking way too many of my calories, so I'd like to try to take this week off from drinking and see if the scale rewards me.

But it's really hard to not have a drink when the kids drive me crazy all day and then my hubby (who brews his own beer) has 1-2 beers every night. I'm a rum and diet, or vodka girl - not too many calories in what I drink, but when you have 3-4.... whoops.

PS - Strawberry or Raspberry vodka and Diet Mt Dew - sounds nasty, very tasty :) Hopefully I'll be able to wait until Friday to have one, or 12. LMAO!
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I'd kill for a drink at the moment :( been alcohol free for 15 days
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been on mfp 1 year today. I'd have a drink to celebrate if only I wasn't back to alcohol free for the rest of the month :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I've been on mfp 1 year today. I'd have a drink to celebrate if only I wasn't back to alcohol free for the rest of the month :drinker:

Happy 1 Year!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Anniversary....and Well done!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Woohooo congrats!

Also a big congrats to Marci you have achieved 6 days drink free. That's huge so well done.

Oh the lushy stories you guys crack me up and loving it.

Sun - 1 glass wine with lunch
    mon - 0

I am working all week and no day off till next Tues, so I think this week will have no lushiness at all *fingers crossed* :smokin:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Congrats Yvonne

So I really really want a drink. I dont want to be good. I want to start my vacation early and I am stressing myself out about work. (Boss has been gone for a few days and it has been wonderfully stress free but she is back tomorrow) So I am having an ongoing argument with myself about breaking promises and all that rot. :laugh: we will see who wins. Goood Robin :flowerforyou: or Baaaad Robin.:devil:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, love Bodi on the couch and be good.

Monday, 0 drinks

Shooting for 2 days of alcohol freeness...my liver is happy
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    But I'm thinking I'll probably reward that great dr. appt by drinking tonight. I'm pretty sure that's some messed up/flawed thinking..but whatever. :drinker:
    Same here, I "rewarded" my great weigh in last Wednesday with a few drinks - and never stopped the rewards. :blushing:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Same here, I "rewarded" my great weigh in last Wednesday with a few drinks - and never stopped the rewards. :blushing:
    smilie-high-five.gif i'm right there with ya deb
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Glass number 2 of the scrumptious white wine .... Have a ton of calories even after dinner so it may not stop at 2 =O

Happy anniversary Yvonne!!