Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAYY!!!!!

No drinks all week for me but a Mad Men themed happy hour with my city's young friends of art tonight followed by a 6 hour "Crawl for Cancer" tomorrow. Let the boozing begin.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the hangover Faith
    SoCal it took me forever to get used to the fact that I had to go to a state run store to get booze once I moved up here from so cal 12 years ago. It really bugs me that Costco is headquartered here but I can't buy discount big bottle of vodka or anything but wine in our Costcos.
    Kim hope you enjoyed your SM's
    Yvonne, no worries about having to break your goal for such a worthy cause.
    Kat, I used to enjoy my Chalean Extreme and my dreadmill alot but now not so much. I think I burned myself out.

So here it is Friday. I plan to get blitzed tonight. I will try to do moderation thru the weekend and then I promise, swear, cross my heart that I will not touch another drop until I am seated comfortably in first class on a red eye next Friday night on my way to the US Virgin Islands.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I finally did it! My only night this week without alcohol last night. And I had a pretty good workout. I was a little hungover from Wednesday but did level 3 of 30 DS (with effort) and then ran fast 1:30 intervals with 30 second walking for 25 minutes. It was hard. And it was about 85 degrees yesterday. And humid. I think I was punishing myself. We grilled salmon and veggie skewers and the Corona Lights in the fridge were really calling my name but I ignored them.

S - 2
    M - 2
    T - 2
    W - 5.5
    R - 0
    F - 6
    S - 8
    Equals 25. So much for staying under 20. Still better than last week.

Happy Friday!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Welp, I had 2 red bull and vodkas last night and just hung out with the hubs. This year from hell is almost over!!!!! I'm so sad I wasn't online last night...you peeps are cracking me up.

District track meet today after school and then all the coaches are headed out for a drink or two. My mom is picking up the girl from day care today, so we're kid-free until tomorrow morning. Yay! :drinker:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, seems like a lot of the lushes had a lushy Thursday. Was it a full moon? :smile:
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Oh no....Is it really Friday the 13th??? I'm skeered......Still no booze for me, doing good. Cravings are almost gone and got the rest of my labs and everything was stellar!! (except for the liver enzymes part) But the doctor did mail me a paper version of the report and she said the ezyme elevation was mild and all I had to do is, no boose till I get retested on June 8th. I can do that. And....my liver detox supplement, a formula of a couple of things, (milk thistle, L-cetyl cisteine etc) came in the mail and I started on that yesterday too. I bet that in June my labs will be perfect. I'm going back on and staying on milk thistle or a combo including mlik thistle, cause the stuff really does work. It cleanses your liver. As long as my liver stays healthy, I'm gonna have an occasional glass of wine, dammit!! Got to get to June 8 th first. Have a great and lushy weekend everyone!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Oh no....Is it really Friday the 13th??? I'm skeered......Still no booze for me, doing good. Cravings are almost gone and got the rest of my labs and everything was stellar!! (except for the liver enzymes part) But the doctor did mail me a paper version of the report and she said the ezyme elevation was mild and all I had to do is, no boose till I get retested on June 8th. I can do that. And....my liver detox supplement, a formula of a couple of things, (milk thistle, L-cetyl cisteine etc) came in the mail and I started on that yesterday too. I bet that in June my labs will be perfect. I'm going back on and staying on milk thistle or a combo including mlik thistle, cause the stuff really does work. It cleanses your liver. As long as my liver stays healthy, I'm gonna have an occasional glass of wine, dammit!! Got to get to June 8 th first. Have a great and lushy weekend everyone!!!!
    there's no scared smiley! too bad. Good job, Marci! you can do it!
    It's been 13 days for me, no drinking.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I finally have a REAL Friday... Whooo Hoooo!!! I haven't had my weekend off for like 3 weeks now! I hired a new girl though so now I'm set... she is even gonna cover a few fridays for me this month so I can have a long weekend! I love having reliable people working for me :drinker:

On the down note, this IS Friday and this is when I went down hill last week. I think we might go fishing again tomorrow so maybe I'll take the dog and my little one for a walk instead of sitting for hours on end... i'll leave that to my husband and older kids :wink:

sun-2
    mon-0
    tue- 1/2
    wed-0
    thur-0
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Haha SoCal, I love when people have no idea what a package store is. I forget that it's really only around these parts that people call them that.

Robin, I hear ya. I couldn't keep doing the P90X back to back to back, that's why I add in the P90X + and then I'll go back to the classic. It still gets a little annoying sometimes but recently I've been muting the cast and Tony and just listening to the cues and music, I'll start adding in my own music soon. The stationary bike can be really boring but if the right music is on then it makes it more bearable and I find I'll really push myself but there are plenty of days when the last thing I want to do is 2 work outs and I'll sit there and complain to my dogs who of course just look at me like I'm crazy. They do love going downstairs with me when I do the weight days from P90X though, sometimes I get all pumped up after lifting some weights and start hollering and they all start running around like crazy.

On that note, I just got done with a great Legs and Back work out with weighted vest and heavy weights. Kind of felt like a beas today. Had what I though was 6 beers last night but then realized I had logged an extra because I'm a spaceshot. Guess it's better to realize you didn't have as many as you thought than to have more than you thought. In any event, I got my water in and woke up feeling pretty great, didn't hurt that the sun was out and it's now a gorgeous day out. The wine the boyfriend ordered is finally or supposed to be delivered today so I'm off to get my 45 minute bike ride done before they come. I'm sensing a lushy evening on the couch with the boyfriend and the pups tonight and watching the series finale of Smallville :smile: though I haven't kept up with the show lately, I watched it religiously when it started and always had to have beer when I watched haha.

Hope everyone has a great Friday the 13th :devil: kind of makes me want to watch the movies now or just good classic horror movies in general.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Not only is the wine my boyfriend ordered supposed to come today but apparently Fedex tried to deliver the wine that we receive from my wine club today as well .... without ringing the doorbell! :angry: hopefully they try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm awaiting UPS who is delivering the other wine. Have a TON of calories as of right now, going to save most for whatever we do for dinner tonight and of course ... drinks :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Not only is the wine my boyfriend ordered supposed to come today but apparently Fedex tried to deliver the wine that we receive from my wine club today as well .... without ringing the doorbell! :angry: hopefully they try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm awaiting UPS who is delivering the other wine. Have a TON of calories as of right now, going to save most for whatever we do for dinner tonight and of course ... drinks :drinker:

woohoo, it must be wine o'clock in your home then :happy: :drinker:

Nice to hear those drinking are having lovely lushy times, all those lovely drinks sound so tempting and well done to Marci and Amy (and anyone else) who are staying alcohol free!

Happy Friday Team Lush :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 4
    Thursday, 5
    Friday, TBD

Just finished up with the garage sale. We sold 108 burgers and about 90 hot dogs, lots of chips, snack and drinks as well. I am pooped. Off to the bowling alley where my son is having his birthday get together. I will be having a beer and an appetizer for sure. I hope to be in bed by 9 or 10. I am exhausted from all this preparation.
  • Kat120285
    Options

woohoo, it must be wine o'clock in your home then :happy: :drinker:

Nice to hear those drinking are having lovely lushy times, all those lovely drinks sound so tempting and well done to Marci and Amy (and anyone else) who are staying alcohol free!

Happy Friday Team Lush :drinker: :bigsmile:

34 bottles just got delivered and my 12 will be delivered whenever Fedex is out next, maybe Monday. We should be set for a couple of weeks haha :tongue:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Monday, Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 4
    Thursday, 5
    Friday, TBD

Just finished up with the garage sale. We sold 108 burgers and about 90 hot dogs, lots of chips, snack and drinks as well. I am pooped. Off to the bowling alley where my son is having his birthday get together. I will be having a beer and an appetizer for sure. I hope to be in bed by 9 or 10. I am exhausted from all this preparation.
    Wow, you go all out for your garage sales! We just sell old clothes and crap! Have fun at the birthday party:drinker:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

There a lot of lushes on here to keep up with heheh.

Well I have been really good all week, only had 1 drink all week! I am planning on not drinking tomorrow and hopefully only have 1 drink on saturday. Sunday will be the tough one because we are going to go to a winery to look as a possible venue, and then we have a dinner party with my "drinking" friends. I am sticking to my no beer unless I really earn it. I am going to try to just drink wine and vodka soda's for a while and see how I do. We shall see!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I am actually counting my drinks tonight for the first time in a long time. (thank you Kim for the challenge invite)
    I won't be posting shot by shot commentary however as my fingers don't work the way my brain requires after about 5 (you rock Faith) I am doing drunky exercising though, up to 30 push ups and 40 stair steps, DH is getting concerned. :laugh:

TGIF, dwinks for all!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    2 glasses of white at dinner, which was delicious and healthy. Trio of ahi tuna and then basically deconstructed german chocolate cake for dessert.

Got home and opened one of the bottles from the cases of wine the boyfriend ordered so 2 glasses of red. Guessing it won't stop here but I'm firm on getting enough water :smile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0
    Thurs - 16 shots
    Fri - 0
    Sat is going to be 0.

Back on the band wagon until next week hopefully. Hope you all have a great weekend. :wink:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Bachelorette party #1: 3 sangria, shot of Patron, 3 glasses of white, 3 ? Vodka and sodas, out till 3am. Already shredded walked and bachelorette party #2 starts in 2 hours.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am actually counting my drinks tonight for the first time in a long time. (thank you Kim for the challenge invite)
    I won't be posting shot by shot commentary however as my fingers don't work the way my brain requires after about 5 (you rock Faith) I am doing drunky exercising though, up to 30 push ups and 40 stair steps, DH is getting concerned. :laugh:

TGIF, dwinks for all!

I would love to be a fly on the wall:laugh: