Like Minded Lushes May 2011

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options

2 weeks from today and I'll be boarding the cruise ship =] I hear they have an all you can eat lobster claw thing during the sail away party. I'm going to get up early to work out that day. Plan is to leave around 8 so we can drive to New York in a timely fashion and board the ship relatively early. Guess we may all chip in and take a limo so nobody has to leave their car but that hasn't been finalized. All I know, is I'm still going to cry when I drop my pups off with me mom, even though we aren't flying. I honestly can't stand leaving them and I'm pretty sure I have worse separation anxiety than they do haha

I did a cruise about 8 years ago and took clothes with the intention of working out and actually did about 3 days. The best part was that there was a running track on the top deck and I was running laps literally in the middle of the ocean while we pulled into St. Thomas. It was beautiful. I never visited the gym though. Have fun!

We cruise about twice a year - I think we're on number 15 now. I never ONCE gained any weight on a cruise! There is so much walking involved especially since we get cabins at the very back of the ship to watch the wake. And taking the stairs up and down is so much quicker than the elevator. Which cruise ship and which ports? I want to go! Are you over at www.cruisecritic.com? Lots of info and message boards and there is a roll call for other people sailing on your ship on the same date.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    blurgh blurgh
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

I was reading all the posts about drinking munchies and I am glad that this doesn't happen to me often. I actually am more likely not to eat when I'm drinking. But every now and again I want some Taco Bell on the way home at 3am. However I tend to make poor choices the day after. LIke right now, I really don't want oatmeal for breakfast. But I also don't really have a choice as I'm at work.

Same here! Sometimes when someone else has something yummy I want it but I don't eat on my own usually...the next day is a different story. French fries and bacon, please.

Faith, I'm impressed! How's this morning going for you?

I was looking for healthy side dishes or appetizers and found a recipe for fried Green Bananas. I tried it and it was pretty good and way less calories then french fries. Its still fried so not great for you but you can use olive oil and it satisfies that craving for a supersized fry at the fast food join!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Uh oh...Faith, are you drowning in shots??
  • bobbrich
    bobbrich Posts: 6
    Options
    hmmm
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    blurrrghhhd drunk play kris kross!
    Gonna make you Jump! Jump!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Damn I lost count I think I am on 16th yet my cal count says 18th. Hmmmmm Did I drunkenly update to 18th or am I really on 16th, 14th I dunno anymore......crap!
    mad typing skills, not so great counting skills. :tongue:
    Nisi, I just LOVE your dog's nose picture!! Can I borrow him for awhile? He's TOO cute!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I am in Australia gf and I love my country to no end. I whine about winter, yet have never seen snow in my lifetime, and our summers are death. I am so drunkenly happy I :heart: youuuuu!!!!
    back at ya babe! :heart: I've allllwaaaays wanted to visit your homeland. i'm in san diego, and consider it pretty close to paradise..but a visit to australia is on my list!!
    My daughter went there the summer after 5th grade as part of a Student Ambassador group. It was nerve wrecking as a mom to send her half around the world but at the same time I was so damn proud of her. She called me one morning (like 5am here)to tell me good night.. It was so wierd! She came back with the most beautiful pictures and amazing stories! She loved it there!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Not morning yet gf, done 16 shots I think...... 11:15 pm here Let's all dance to Missy Elliott!!!

I wish we lived closer....:drinker: :drinker:
    Yeah me too! All of you would be a blast to go bar hoppin' with!!! Me? Day 3 has come and gone and no booze. Yay!! I'm doin' good! And I i got the rest of my blood tests back and everything is normal!!! (except for the elevated liver enzymes part) Kidney function- normal. Brain cells- all in tact. (that one was surprising! :tongue: ) So one month of sobriety and I go back in to check my liver and I bet i'm gonna be fine!! Yay!! Oh and Good Morning, all!! Just awaking up, out here in California.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

2 weeks from today and I'll be boarding the cruise ship =] I hear they have an all you can eat lobster claw thing during the sail away party. I'm going to get up early to work out that day. Plan is to leave around 8 so we can drive to New York in a timely fashion and board the ship relatively early. Guess we may all chip in and take a limo so nobody has to leave their car but that hasn't been finalized. All I know, is I'm still going to cry when I drop my pups off with me mom, even though we aren't flying. I honestly can't stand leaving them and I'm pretty sure I have worse separation anxiety than they do haha

I did a cruise about 8 years ago and took clothes with the intention of working out and actually did about 3 days. The best part was that there was a running track on the top deck and I was running laps literally in the middle of the ocean while we pulled into St. Thomas. It was beautiful. I never visited the gym though. Have fun!

We cruise about twice a year - I think we're on number 15 now. I never ONCE gained any weight on a cruise! There is so much walking involved especially since we get cabins at the very back of the ship to watch the wake. And taking the stairs up and down is so much quicker than the elevator. Which cruise ship and which ports? I want to go! Are you over at www.cruisecritic.com? Lots of info and message boards and there is a roll call for other people sailing on your ship on the same date.

We usually take Carnival but this time we're going Princess. Wanted a change of scenery and a bit more adults than kids and college students haha. I don't remember all the ports but we're going to Puerto Rico (which we've left out of before), Grand Turk, St. Thomas and maybe one more? We've stayed on St. John before in one of villa's and went over to St. Thomas and it was a lot of fun. I think we'll get off the ship more this time, now that we know we can find some great dives and bars if we venture away from the ports. My boyfriend is constantly on the boards reading about the cruises, I myself would rather just wait and then explore the ship and experience things as they happen, then again, I don't have the attention span to sit there and read all those boards haha. It should be a ton of fun, especially since we can bring as much wine as we want :drinker: I like wine but love champagne so we'll be bringing a good deal. Also, since it's a little bit more up scale than Carnival and it's more geared towards older or rather a more mature audience, drinks after 8pm are $2.99 or $3.99 which could be the devil in disquise :devil: haha. We always try to save money on booze and then the last day when you get your bill, ours is literally a couple pages. We even brought pretty much a full bar on the last cruise and still spent about $1500 or more between the two of us :noway: Guess it's all part of the experience though haha. My weakness is the shops on the ships, I love the jewelry!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Feeling good today! We had weigh in yesterday for the fit and trim challenge and I lost 2lbs. I was nervous cause I didn't know how much other people would loose but seems to be I was right around average. I guess I've watched to much biggest loser with people losing 10+ pounds in a weigh in!

Sun- 2
    Mon- 0
    Tue- 1/2
    Wed-0
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Feeling good today! We had weigh in yesterday for the fit and trim challenge and I lost 2lbs. I was nervous cause I didn't know how much other people would loose but seems to be I was right around average. I guess I've watched to much biggest loser with people losing 10+ pounds in a weigh in!

Sun- 2
    Mon- 0
    Tue- 1/2
    Wed-0

Average is good, when you lose slowly and at a good pace then your skin has time to catch up. Whereas when you lose crazy amounts quickly, your skin despite being like elastic, doesn't have time to catch up and that's when you get the extra skin hanging around. Good for you, 2 pounds is a darn good amount and a healthy amount =]
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

I was reading all the posts about drinking munchies and I am glad that this doesn't happen to me often. I actually am more likely not to eat when I'm drinking. But every now and again I want some Taco Bell on the way home at 3am. However I tend to make poor choices the day after. LIke right now, I really don't want oatmeal for breakfast. But I also don't really have a choice as I'm at work.

Same here! Sometimes when someone else has something yummy I want it but I don't eat on my own usually...the next day is a different story. French fries and bacon, please.

Faith, I'm impressed! How's this morning going for you?

Want to know what I had for lunch today? Nachos. Day after cheater right here. Tortilla chips have been my downfall this week. Seriously. I have eaten them 3 days this week. Yum.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Damn I lost count I think I am on 16th yet my cal count says 18th. Hmmmmm Did I drunkenly update to 18th or am I really on 16th, 14th I dunno anymore......crap!
    mad typing skills, not so great counting skills. :tongue:
    Nisi, I just LOVE your dog's nose picture!! Can I borrow him for awhile? He's TOO cute!

Marci, I am not sure who Nisi is but regarding my Bodi boy. He is the love of my life other than DH but this pix was taken 2 years ago when he was a little baby boy. He is now 95 pounds of lap dog.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Mon, 0
    Tues, 0
    Wed, 4 skinny margaritas

Total: 4

Goal: 12 to 15

Problem is, I have too much free time when I don't work the weekend...off till Monday...I'm gonna have to take up knitting or something

Nope, I have four of my own and they are probably the very reason I drink
    You could borrow a few kids.. There is NO down time when there are kids around!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    So I wasn't going to drink for the whole of May but I've just seen that the Eurovision song contest is on this Saturday. This is something so terrible that to endure it vast amounts of alcohol must be consumed, it's always been a tradition amongst my friends (yes you know us brits are mad). So there's no way I could watch it without alcohol to survive and I can't miss it, it's so bad, it's almost good.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    blurgh blurgh

Is it sad if you know what that sound refers to (or think you do anyway!) :drinker:

For some reason Coffee Patron slammed into my head when I read that. I love me some Coffee P!

Tonight is my Friday (4 day weekend). So chances are I will be rocking some booze tonight.

Happy Thursday to all!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my Friday (4 day weekend). So chances are I will be rocking some booze tonight.

Happy Thursday to all!

I think I'm going to start my weekend tonight too. I have a dr's appt. on Monday so I'll probably go booze free Sat and Sun but I'm thinking tonite's a good night to indulge a little. And I have the calories.
    So cheers! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Chris and SoCal, you're killin' me! Haha, I wanted to go until at least tomorrow with no alcohol but it's been so nice here today, I worked my tail off on the bike and I've got LOADS of calories left so ... I think I may indulge in some beer while watching 2 of my shows season finales :smile: I mean why not, the boyfriend gets to sit at work tomorrow after 4 and drink beer since they have 3 taps in their office, so why not enjoy my alone time? Well, I guess I have alone time all the time but Thursdays are the boyfriends late night at work so I get an alone time night :smile: I'll just make sure I get even more water than I've already had in so that I'll be good to go for Legs and Back tomorrow.

Cheers all :drinker:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, I am ridiculously hungover. :sick: :laugh: I don't even remember posting most of those posts. :blushing: