Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    double post...oops :)
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Bump.....Going to pick another quit date... I will be back in a couple of days.... :)
  • craft338
    Options
    Bump.....Going to pick another quit date... I will be back in a couple of days.... :)

GOOD LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    24 hours down I really need help I am freaking out
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Drink lots of water.
    Go get some gum and chew chew chew.
    Go grab a straw, cut it the size of a cigarette and smoke it.

(Yep it sounds funny, but, inhale and exhale like you were smoking you will realize a lot has to do with oral habits

go to www.whyquit.com for more incentive
    This ebook pdf from that site helped me.
    http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf
  • craft338
    Options

Drink lots of water.
    Go get some gum and chew chew chew.
    Go grab a straw, cut it the size of a cigarette and smoke it.

(Yep it sounds funny, but, inhale and exhale like you were smoking you will realize a lot has to do with oral habits

go to www.whyquit.com for more incentive
    This ebook pdf from that site helped me.
    http://whyquit.com/NTAP_large_print_212_pages.pdf

exactly!! bubble gum worked best for me, and there's these weird "warming" cough drops that were kind of tingly that i got at stop n shop and they helped a lot too. crunchy things like dry cereal and hard fruits helped too. at night, sorbet was good too. try going onto quitnet.com and talk to some people on there. there's TONS of "quitters" on there, much more than MFP, so it's good for emergencies like these cuz you get better and more responses.

GOOD LUCK!! we're all here for you, and just STAY STRONG!!!
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    day 75 :bigsmile:

and it's awesome =)

Do you realize you are head toward 100 days! Of course, it is a one day at a time process, but I'm sure you have thought about it. Keep up the good work.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well this gives me great inspiration to quit! I tried twice already this year and it only last 2-3 days, but seeing everyone on here doing so well gives me hope that I can do it too!
  • craft338
    Options
    hows everyone doing?

day 80 for me!! :glasses:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Peter - Free and Healing for Five Months, Seven Days, 19 Hours and 33 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 13 Days and 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 3945 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,429.58.

heheh, love the way some quit smoking programs dispaly the info....... "nicotine delivery devices"
  • Lttlbird
    Lttlbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Yay Craft!! Tomorrow will be day 100 for me.... It's ALL good!!!
  • bochmo
    bochmo Posts: 7
    Options
    It's been 2 months and 13 days since I quit cold turkey. :smokin: I've saved $403.00 and would have smoked 1,345 cigarettes if I had not quit. Feel great! :smile: I use a free iphone app that tracks all this for me called Quit N Tell.
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Last night I found out that someone screwed up some important data in my department. Needless to say, I spazzed out. I realized I couldn't smoke, drink (only on weekends) or eat any junk food. So I went home, turned up my iPod, cooked a pot of red beans, and washed a load of laundry while singing like I was on stage. This morning I woke (extra early) with a plan to recover the data and today has been good. My point is, things happen and we can't run to our vices to pacify ourselves.

If this would have happened before Feb. I would have smoked a half a pack, had a few beers and crushed a bag of chips. I'm pretty proud of myself. Growth rocks!

Just wanted to share.
  • craft338
    Options
    Last night I found out that someone screwed up some important data in my department. Needless to say, I spazzed out. I realized I couldn't smoke, drink (only on weekends) or eat any junk food. So I went home, turned up my iPod, cooked a pot of red beans, and washed a load of laundry while singing like I was on stage. This morning I woke (extra early) with a plan to recover the data and today has been good. My point is, things happen and we can't run to our vices to pacify ourselves.

If this would have happened before Feb. I would have smoked a half a pack, had a few beers and crushed a bag of chips. I'm pretty proud of myself. Growth rocks!

Just wanted to share.

that's amazing!! good job on getting through that stressfull time without cigarettes OR a drink, just plain old keeping busy =) that's fantastic!
  • Lttlbird
    Lttlbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Good for you for getting through it!!! Im still working on that... :)
  • craft338
    Options
    hey everybody! just seeing how everybody's doing =)

i'm going to niagara falls this weekend, and i'm excited to see how the 7 hour drive is going to be WITHOUT a cigarette craving! i would always go crazy on vacations cuz my family didn't know i smoked. i was constantly sneaking off somewhere to smoke, and when i wasn't smoking, i was THINKING about sneaking off somewhere. it's going to be nice not to think of crazy excuses to ditch the family every few hours lol

one cool thing about this Niagara falls trip.....i went last summer and it was when i was at my HEAVIEST. i'm really excited to take pictures and compare it to the LAST time =)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Nice on the Niagara Falls trip, we love it up there. You may still want to ditch the family every few hours though. :laugh:

I am *thinking* August 1 may be a good day to quit.... no parties or trips planned for August, the first week of the month at work is normally calm. I am going to check out whyquit.com and also the iphone app, does anybody else have any other web site suggestions?
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I quit three months ago when I started working out, thats a great app on my phone quit now really helped alot!!!! i also used the ecig for a lil bit but after awhile i just didnt need it. its really mind over matter! you either smoke or you dont. it has not been easy for me but i really dont want to be a smoker
  • MarchelleLynne
    MarchelleLynne Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i have a droid and quit now worked for me!!
  • craft338
    Options
    I quit three months ago when I started working out, thats a great app on my phone quit now really helped alot!!!! i also used the ecig for a lil bit but after awhile i just didnt need it. its really mind over matter! you either smoke or you dont. it has not been easy for me but i really dont want to be a smoker

same thing with me :) i quit almost 3 months ago, and had the e-cig but after a few weeks i didn't even need it anymore. honestly, i think i lost it LOL i just haven't thought about it in so long!

quitnet.com is a good site too!! GOOD LUCK ON AUGUST 1ST!!!