Quitting Smoking and Dieting Support

Options

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i wanted to check up on everybody. my weight loss has slowed down like crazy. i've only lost 2.8 lbs since i quit 3 weeks ago. which is fine, but i usually lose that much in a week :grumble: there are a bunch of other factors involved, like a new medication, 4 parties and 2 nights out SO FAR this month....and that i've been doing this for 4 months and lost almost 50 lbs, and it might just be the plateau everyone keeps talking about...:frown:

i just really need to see a nice loss on the scale by friday. i need some extra motivation i guess. it's been a rough few weeks.

how r u guys doing?
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Craft - How about different kind of motivation.
    - Your not coughing at all or not as much.
    - your smell and taste is better.
    - you can breathe better and your not out of breath, and have more stamina when exercising

If you are plateauing, you might want to add 100-200 extra calories per day.
    Congrads for a few rough weeks, and it does get easier.

This past weekend I was up at a friends trailer - A couple who had quit smoking when we did, but they started again.
    I was sitting at a table outside, and he lit up a cigarette. I had to step away that smell, that smoke/fog.
    I can't believe I put myself through that for 25+years.

In 3 more hours.
    I will hit 100 days not smoking, and refused 2500 cigarettes and saved $900.
    That's crazy.

My name is Peter, and I am a nicotine addict.
    I have stopped nicotine for 3 months, 10 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 48 seconds (99 days).

I've not smoked 2497 death sticks, and saved $902.63.
    I've saved 19 days, 1 hour and 47 minutes of my life.
  • krb731
    krb731 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Craft - How about different kind of motivation.
    - Your not coughing at all or not as much.
    - your smell and taste is better.
    - you can breathe better and your not out of breath, and have more stamina when exercising

If you are plateauing, you might want to add 100-200 extra calories per day.
    Congrads for a few rough weeks, and it does get easier.

This past weekend I was up at a friends trailer - A couple who had quit smoking when we did, but they started again.
    I was sitting at a table outside, and he lit up a cigarette. I had to step away that smell, that smoke/fog.
    I can't believe I put myself through that for 25+years.

In 3 more hours.
    I will hit 100 days not smoking, and refused 2500 cigarettes and saved $900.
    That's crazy.

My name is Peter, and I am a nicotine addict.
    I have stopped nicotine for 3 months, 10 days, 21 hours, 8 minutes and 48 seconds (99 days).

I've not smoked 2497 death sticks, and saved $902.63.
    I've saved 19 days, 1 hour and 47 minutes of my life.

That's great news. Keep going!
  • krb731
    Options
    i wanted to check up on everybody. my weight loss has slowed down like crazy. i've only lost 2.8 lbs since i quit 3 weeks ago. which is fine, but i usually lose that much in a week :grumble: there are a bunch of other factors involved, like a new medication, 4 parties and 2 nights out SO FAR this month....and that i've been doing this for 4 months and lost almost 50 lbs, and it might just be the plateau everyone keeps talking about...:frown:

i just really need to see a nice loss on the scale by friday. i need some extra motivation i guess. it's been a rough few weeks.

how r u guys doing?

Don't blame it on quitting. You have enjoyed four parties soooo, don't stress. Just go harder in the gym. Keep up the great work. I'm more aware of my urges since the minor slip the other night, but I refuse to dwell on it. The fact that the weather is keeping me from the gym has me moody (who would have ever imagined), but all in all I feel good.
  • craft338
    Options
    yesterday was a bad day. i don't even feel like getting into it. everyone was a total A hole yesterday, and i handled it horribly, had no patience, and probably made everything worse. i flipped out on like 3 people, of course they deserved every bit of it, but it's just not like me to go crazy like that. i always stand up for myself and can be pretty sarcastic and blunt, basically people don't really mess with me if they know me, BUT yesterday i was just a crazy person. i NEVER hold grudges and today, i'm not talking to any of them. i even got in ANOTHER fight with one of them this morning.

it's been almost a month since i quit, and i don't have any cravings or desire to smoke again. but my temper is horrible. i think it has a lot to do with my attention span and concentration. i have severe ADD to begin with (i don't take meds for it cuz i can't afford it) and the quitting has made it way worse. i think not being able to focus on anything for more than 2 seconds is making me frustrated which causes the temper lol I HAVE NO IDEA!! all i know is that i'm a complete psycho....and no, it's not PMS lol ;)

i don't know if this is still the side effects of quitting, i could just be stressed out in general and not handling it well. i don't know. hopefully this weekend will give me a little bit of a break...

Time Smoke-Free: 25 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes and 38 seconds
    Cigarettes NOT smoked: 177
    Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 8 hours
    Money Saved: $87.50

oooh! i just saved the amount i spent on the e-cig!! =)
  • ldholcombe
    ldholcombe Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to those of you trying to quit. I quit last July when I got pregnant (it was easy for me). But my husband just quit in April and its been a struggle for him. See I thought that he had quit months before but he kept sneeking them at work and I would catch him about once or twice a month if I got close to him before he took a shower LOL Good Luck everyone.
  • craft338
    Options
    just letting everyone know.....IT'S BEEN ONE WHOLE MONTH WITH NO CIGARETTES!!! YAY ME!!!!! =) well, in an hour and a half, but still.....lol
  • krb731
    Options
    just letting everyone know.....IT'S BEEN ONE WHOLE MONTH WITH NO CIGARETTES!!! YAY ME!!!!! =) well, in an hour and a half, but still.....lol

That first month is over! YAY! And your body thanks you!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BUMP x
  • craft338
    Options
    so the weight is coming off again :) i had a MONTH long stand still since i quit, but i just lost 1.4lbs in less than a week and FINALLY hit 50lbs lost! i zig zagged calories a little too, but maybe my body just got used to NOT smoking. either way it feels awesome to be losing again!

a month without smoking: i can run! i never used to want to run, but i'm running everywhere. not like jogging, but "oh, i'm gonna run to that tree and see if i lose my breath!" luckily i work with kids, so i don't look like such a dork all the time running to random places. the congestion is gone, my skin is better, i don't smell, i can taste and smell everything....the only problem is laundry! now i can't tell if my clothes are clean or not cuz my dirty clothes don't smell like smoke! ha! it's awesome.

the ultra light e-cigs are pretty good for me right now, and i'm gonna move to "low" soon, then "zero" =) i MAYBE use it once or twice a day, sometimes i skip days or just forget about it. there have been a lot of times recently when parked the car and was like "wow, i made that whole drive without even THINKING about smoking!". it's really awesome "forgetting" about smoking. like after i eat, i don't think "this would be cigarette time right now" or when i go to the gas station or CVS, i'm not looking behind the counter for cigarettes.

another family party tomorrow. lots of my cousins still smoke like crazy, but one quit last week. hopefully he's still quit and he can chill with me while the other smokers go do their thing.

hope everybody is doin well!! =)
  • krb731
    Options
    Craft338, I'm glad you are doing so well. I had to giggle about the running part. Glad you work with kids lol. Stay strong, it gets even better!
  • craft338
    Options
    i was in NYC and ran UP 2 flights of subway steps and i wasn't out of breath!! guys, you have no idea....that was the coolest thing ever. i was breathing heavy for like 5 seconds, but i wasn't like OUT of BREATH!! it was awesome.

i really gotta stop running around randomly.....maybe i should start jogging or something lol =)
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in quickly. I am on day 30 of being smoke free. I now need to get my eating under control.
  • thumper44
    Options
    i was in NYC and ran UP 2 flights of subway steps and i wasn't out of breath!! guys, you have no idea....that was the coolest thing ever. i was breathing heavy for like 5 seconds, but i wasn't like OUT of BREATH!! it was awesome.

i really gotta stop running around randomly.....maybe i should start jogging or something lol =)

That's awesome craft.

Check out couch25k - there are lots of threads online here. When I quit smoking that's what I headed out to do, and I surprised myself how much jogging I have done.
  • craft338
    Options
    Just wanted to check in quickly. I am on day 30 of being smoke free. I now need to get my eating under control.

that's awesome!! after the first 30 days, almost exactly, that's when my weight loss got back to normal :smile: great job on 30 days and good luck on the rest of your journey!!

:heart:
  • krb731
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I completed my first road trip without smoking. I want to thank Bottled Water, Carrots and Cucumbers for getting me through it.
  • thumper44
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo.

Today is 4 months since I have quit smoking.
    I have refused 3003 death sticks, and saved $1,086.....
  • krb731
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo.

Today is 4 months since I have quit smoking.
    I have refused 3003 death sticks, and saved $1,086.....

Way to go! I know you feel like a million bucks!
  • craft338
    Options
    That's awesome guys =) keep it up!! I'm almost at a month and a half and goin strong. I'm feelin pretty good :)
  • krb731
    Options
    That's awesome guys =) keep it up!! I'm almost at a month and a half and goin strong. I'm feelin pretty good :)

You are doing great! And just think, it gets easier and better everyday. Happy almost month and a half!