I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options
proverbs31chick
proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
I have to say regardless of how people feel about Obama this is a huge deal, God bless our President and God bless our troops!!!

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    It kind of makes me scared of what will come next D:
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    EXTREMELY PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! God bless the USA!

But got to keep our guard up. Hornets will be buzzing for more blood.

If anyone deserved to die, it was him for sure!
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    I have to say regardless of how people feel about Obama this is a huge deal, God bless our President and God bless our troops!!!

I agree its a huge deal for the country regardless of the President -- its is a victory for America plain and simple and a victory for our troops we should all in the US be proud about this..

God Bless the USA!!!

I hope this brings in some small way some comfort to those who lost someone on 9-11
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Scared $hitless of what is comming next!
  • G_Dawg3
    G_Dawg3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy, proud, and breath of fresh air...but can't let our guard down. God bless America!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I think Al Qaeda is a hydra, and 3 heads will grow back where one was cut off.

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I fear the retribution.

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.
  • kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    Scared $hitless of what is comming next!

Agreed!!!
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    It kind of makes me scared of what will come next D:

^ this. everyone is jumping for joy and acting as if this is the end of terror..when it can just lead to a new wave. They are going to want to avenge the death of Osama...which means America and other supporting nations need to be on guard more than ever.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I hear Osama's body was buried at sea or lost at sea (haven't read all the details) I hate when the US gov't does something but has no proof, not cool.

Either way this will probably help Obama win the next election.
  • ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree with you all...I'm excited but scared at the same time...

God Bless America!!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    2gv30rc.jpg

1krKD.png
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Proud of our troops. There will probably be some increased attacks as far as suicide bombers at first, but hopefully it will create a vacuum and seriously cripple the network. I would say going forward you will have a bunch of smaller groups instead of one big network. This may be easier for the US to fight and it may be harder. Ultimately, we should never rest and think this is over.
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    This may have opened up a whole new can of worms. I mean i'm gald we have taken care of that threat, but that group is so well organized, that someone will step up to take his place. I guess I'm one of those people that is waiting on the retaliation to begin. I can't believe we haven't had any episodes of suicide bombers in the US. Just walk into a mall, or sporting event, community gathering....very surprised that hasn't happened yet.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

I think celebrating death is inhumane, no matter whose death that is. I am not sad he's dead, but I am sickened by street parties celebrating it. It's still death, and I can't ever find joy in death, be that human or animal.

I fear the retribution.

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.

I would say that we are not only celebrating death... We are celebrating that the deaths in 9/11 have finally been laid to rest knowing the killer got what he deserved. Also celebrating the thousands of lives that may have been saved by one man's death
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It makes me a little concerned about the repercussion for his death at US hands. Also I don't like the big celebration of his death because I remember how they celebrated on 9/11 when all those American lives were loss. Not a good look for either.
    I will be traveling at the end of the month and I would think that the US will beef up airline security again, at least they better! I am also worried about the US born terrorists that exist.... I hope the watch list is definitely being Super watched!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I haven't felt any joy at all hearing the news. NONE. The only thing I can say is, God loves everyone, even terrorists. To me, he is still a lost soul that God can never save now. And also, I don't think his death will end anything, only give fuel to those who want to avenge his death.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I feel like: "Look what you made us do!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options

I fear the retribution.

I would say that we are not only celebrating death... We are celebrating that the deaths in 9/11 have finally been laid to rest knowing the killer got what he deserved. Also celebrating the thousands of lives that may have been saved by one man's death

I know. But I will save my sense of relief for when I know what form revenge will take. This may well result in yet more death. I think the whole conflict is a massive massive error in judgement that no one will ever win. It's tearing the world apart.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options

I fear the retribution.

I completely understand what you are saying and I by no means am or was celebrating his death, however, I think the people were happy because in their mind justice was served, perhaps they felt that that he reaped what he sowed and for the victims and their families of 9/11 this was closure.
  • live4jesus
    live4jesus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I realize what a threat he was to our country, but there are still so many who hate America. I have mixed feelings over his death. Though awful can't even begin to describe the destruction he caused our country...he is still a soul. I'm not saying we should necessarily mourn his death...but I am disturbed by the celebrating that took place over it. Are we no better than he was? It is one of my aspirations to see all through the eyes of Jesus. The Bible tells us that He is not willing that any should perish. "Any" includes OBL. There's not a doubt in my mind that the majority of his life caused God much grief and sorrow, but had the miraculous happened God would have forgiven him. I live my life to please Jesus. My attitude and feelings towards those around me, including world events, will affect whether or not I spend eternity in Heaven or hell. I refuse to let someone else's poor choices cause me to be lost and spend eternity in the lake of fire.
This discussion has been closed.