I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    OMG! I work on a Navy base, there are three bases around me. The traffic was HORRIBLE! We are prepared for something. However with that said today is going to be a great day on this base!!! :happy: Yea there is going to be someone else, something else is going to come along, but today is a good day! :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Osama had instructions as to what his followers needed to do in case of his death, so naturally it is scarry. We need to be very aware adn vigilant about what's going on around us.

I also think it is really freaky that also on 5/1 in 1945 Hitler also died. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/1/default.stm

well, he didn't die yesterday. He died a week ago and they have been waiting to make the announcement b/c they wanted DNA proof. Just sayin'

Really? It was reported on several sites he died yesterday because they said the raid begain at 4PM Washington D.C. Time.

I'm not familiar with DNA testing, but I'm certain there are methods to get testing done on a rather quick turnaround time if needed. Considering the tests were probably ordered by the White House, (and the test can be done quickly), they may have had the proof rather quickly after his death.

my understanding is (from the prez's speech) they got him a week ago, but have waited to announce. This may be wrong....but that's what I thought I understood.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!

At least THIS president was in the right country this time.

what are you even talking about? On 9/11/01, President Bush was in a classroom reading to children when his aide came in and told him, "Mr. President, the country is under attack." He finished up quickly and excused himself. He was most certainly NOT in another country. Facts, please.

I believe she is referring to the fact that Bush went after Saddam and not Bin Laden.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Astounded by the reaction, this is one man, a sick man at that, he represents an organisation that represents the views of a sizeable population of people, the thing is, as wonderful as we ALL think our countries are, other people in other countries do not feel the same way, they do not want to live in the same way and find much of what we consider to be good and great about our nations as offensive and evil, I understand the effect of the 11th September on the US, We in the UK had our own bombings, and not just by Moslem terrorists, we now have former Terrorists in Government.

I do not feel that this one man being killed, if he has been, is going to do anything other than raise more hate and fanaticism in many parts of the world. The overt public celebrations are counter productive and no different to the celebrations in other countries after the terrible results of the 11/09 and 07/07 atrocities

I fear the consequences of this on innocent people, on both sides of this war about oil, power and money. Because make no mistake that is what its all about.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!

what are you even talking about? On 9/11/01, President Bush was in a classroom reading to children when his aide came in and told him, "Mr. President, the country is under attack." He finished up quickly and excused himself. He was most certainly NOT in another country. Facts, please.

I'm fairly certain the reply was not meant to say that Bush was physically out of the country. We all know that is not the case. However, rather than going after Bin Laden following 9/11, Bush made Iraq a priority despite there being no connection between Iraq and 9/11.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Osama had instructions as to what his followers needed to do in case of his death, so naturally it is scarry. We need to be very aware adn vigilant about what's going on around us.

I also think it is really freaky that also on 5/1 in 1945 Hitler also died. http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/1/default.stm

well, he didn't die yesterday. He died a week ago and they have been waiting to make the announcement b/c they wanted DNA proof. Just sayin'

Really? It was reported on several sites he died yesterday because they said the raid begain at 4PM Washington D.C. Time.

I'm not familiar with DNA testing, but I'm certain there are methods to get testing done on a rather quick turnaround time if needed. Considering the tests were probably ordered by the White House, (and the test can be done quickly), they may have had the proof rather quickly after his death.

my understanding is (from the prez's speech) they got him a week ago, but have waited to announce. This may be wrong....but that's what I thought I understood.

That's what I got from his speech too, but then I read and heard on the news that the raid happened yesterday. Hmm.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Muslim culture (like Jewish) they have to bury a body in a day.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Amen!!!!!

I believe she is referring to the fact that Bush went after Saddam and not Bin Laden.

Yeah, I sure wish Saddam and his rape rooms were still in operation. What a swell guy he was. What a waste of time to eliminate him from the world.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

why are we concerned with respecting the culture of the dead terrorist!?
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

because that is how cool we are!!! I love that we showed that kind of respect.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Cuz there are rules. And you can't go breakin' da rules.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

because that is how cool we are!!! I love that we showed that kind of respect.
    :sick:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

I should add I am much more disturbed by the news of the death of Gaddaffi's son and grandchildren. That really upset me. They were innocent, no matter what a monster their father/grandfather is.

That's why terrorism is so successful. They indiscriminately blow *kitten* and people up, with no concern as to collateral damage, then hide behind civilians.

But, if we fight back and a (so-called) innocent is wounded or killed, then "Jihad" on the West.

Gotta fight fire with fire or get out of the fight. I'll vote for either one. All or Nothing.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options

because we don't want every middle eastern country to start attacking us. Sometimes ya gotta do things tactfully.

They at least announced that they did it (didnt mean it happened ;) Hows that for a conspiracy theory. (those are not my real thoughts)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

because we don't want every middle eastern country to start attacking us.

too late.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I cannot celebrate death...but I can celebrate the hope to an end of tyranny, terror, and hate....

When I think of the service men and women who sacrifice to protect our country, and the rights and freedoms of others around the world, I am grateful. When I think of the families left behind by soldiers, and the victims of 9/11, and the needless death and suffering at the hands of Bin Laden, and others who would try to rule through fear and terror....

Where this takes us, only time will tell.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I know it is a victory we as a Country have been seeking for a long time, but he is only one of many that hate the USA. Just like snakes travel in twos, I fear there are those that are just as evil as he was planning their next move!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

I heard Obama killed him with his bare hands :laugh:

I think chuck norris had something to do with it.

Chuck Norris is a d bag.

Now I'm offended
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Amen!!!!!

My statement went completely over your head.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I feel it is a long time coming for this justice to be served! I am thankful that we have one less terrorist among us on this earth! That does not mean that there are not more, it just means we have stood up to a terrorist and are sending the message to the world that we will continue to and always will fight terrorism! It says we are not cowards and we will fight for what is right and what is good!

This pang of conscience about celebrating an evil man's death that seems to fill many of our fellow humans is an interesting dynamic of fear! The Karma Factor is an interesting motivator toward humane behavior in some cases but, for many it does not seem to phase them and that includes terrorist who do their evil deeds without thought for the consequences that justice will visit on them. Fear is the enemy not the action of justice nor the celebration of victory! To live in fear of retaliation because of this is indeed the culprit of many emotionally unstable behaviors in society!

I believe our Government is full of knowledge and vigilance over these events and will do their best as far as human agency can against the evil's promoted by terrorist and their followers!

May God give America and her Government His grace and direction in this fight against terrorism!!!
This discussion has been closed.