I have to ask, how do you feel about the Osama news??

Options

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Lets not forget it was our military who did this not our president. Our president merely gave permission to attack.

Amen!!!!!

At least THIS president was in the right country this time.

what are you even talking about? On 9/11/01, President Bush was in a classroom reading to children when his aide came in and told him, "Mr. President, the country is under attack." He finished up quickly and excused himself. He was most certainly NOT in another country. Facts, please.

i'm pretty sure they meant after the attack he went after the wrong country
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Muslim culture (like Jewish) they have to bury a body in a day.

why are we concerned with respecting the culture of the dead terrorist!?

There are codes of conduct, even in war.

our enemies do not respect such codes. I do not find them to be necessary either.

I think treating the body in any particular way to "respect the culture" is merely an action based on fear. Fear that if we don't, they will jihad all over us. That is what I object to.

I get what you're saying. However, we are country founded on religious freedom which is one of the things terrorists oppose to.
    By honoring those codes or even respecting their religion, we ARE proving a strong point.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    quoted from above

my 2 cents
    I think the point was, we didnt know what country he was in and it took intelligence measures that began in 2005 to actually find a way to find him and make a strategy.... no war happens in a day, no victory or defeat takes a day. Again, I think we have the troops to thank for our freedom!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

two totally different situations.
    He used 9/11 to get support for our invasion of Iraq, but 9/11 had nothing to do with the Iraq war.
    Scared people supported the war because they were misinformed and afraid of "terrorists".
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it is great! But I also think it is typical that yesterday one version of the story was released and this morning a totally different version of the story is out there.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I think it is great! But I also think it is typical that yesterday one version of the story was released and this morning a totally different version of the story is out there.

What exactly are you referring to?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yesterday, it was a bomb that killed him....today, a single shot to the head

yesterday, he was to be brought back to the US......today, dumped in the ocean.

these are just small inconsistencies, as with most developing stories, but it will provide fodder for anyone who wishes to see more in the sequence of info released...
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd like to congratulate Mr Obama on his re-election.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I hear Osama's body was buried at sea or lost at sea (haven't read all the details) I hate when the US gov't does something but has no proof, not cool.

Either way this will probably help Obama win the next election.

I have not decided on how I feel yet...I dont trust our government enough to actually be celebratory about this. Buried at sea really?? Ummm ok. So if the operation was confidential and the body was buried at sea did it really even happen... sorry I am not into conspiracies but this is weird if you ask me....and all of a sudden since the death of him the gas goes down 2% and the stock market goes up...per the news...ummm someone please explain that one to me....
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

I have not decided on how I feel yet...I dont trust our government enough to actually be celebratory about this. Buried at sea really?? Ummm ok. So if the operation was confidential and the body was buried at sea did it really even happen... sorry I am not into conspiracies but this is weird if you ask me....and all of a sudden since the death of him the gas goes down 2% and the stock market goes up...per the news...ummm someone please explain that one to me....

skeptical-hippo-1.jpg

agreed.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

let's hope the election is based on more than just one thing.
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

article-0-03D1201C000005DC-856_468x341.jpg
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I hear Osama's body was buried at sea or lost at sea (haven't read all the details) I hate when the US gov't does something but has no proof, not cool.

Wait, what? Gas went down?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

Wait, what? Gas went down?

price per barrel went down. Our cost at the pump won't. Even though the demand has dropped, and barrel price has dropped, the artificial economic setting we are in won't allow the prices to tumble, so don't expect it. When it comes back down, (my prediction is around August 2012 they will start dropping again) it will come down very gradually.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I would like to see the body for proof. I am wondering why they didn't keep him for interrogation. I know nothing about politics, but I have many unanswered questions. How did they get the DNA evidence so fast if it just happened yesterday??
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I'm thinking I would like to see the body for proof. I am wondering why they didn't keep him for interrogation. I know nothing about politics, but I have many unanswered questions. How did they get the DNA evidence so fast if it just happened yesterday??

all excellent questions.

the "official story" is:

he was offered a chance to surrender, refused, and ended up shot in the head. No chance at interrogation.

DNA confirmation is still pending, but they have done facial recognition, etc.
  • catiecather1ne
    Options
    GOD BLESS AMERICAN AND OUR TROOPS!!

Happy that friends and families of those lost at war and in 9/11 will get some type of closure and hopefully this will boost everyone's morale, but also like most everyone else..scared about what may or may not come.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I AM GLAD! I am celebrating! I don't care if some people think that I am wrong. Hip Hip Hurray! :drinker:
  • bmontgomery87
    Options

all excellent questions.

the "official story" is:

he was offered a chance to surrender, refused, and ended up shot in the head. No chance at interrogation.

exactly.
    1. if they wanted him for interrogation they wouldn't taken in some type of weapon to disable him without killing him. be it tazers or riot control guns.
    2. I think fox said DNA test was confirmed

I just have a hard time believing our government.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

all excellent questions.

the "official story" is:

exactly.
    1. if they wanted him for interrogation they wouldn't taken in some type of weapon to disable him without killing him. be it tazers or riot control guns.
    2. I think fox said DNA test was confirmed

I just have a hard time believing our government.

Yea sorry huge skeptic!! Our government has been screwing us for decades now....and we have nothing but corruption so I can not bite yet...sorry everyone that is celebrating. I hope to be proven incorrect and can join...but until then I am keeping my distance.
This discussion has been closed.